?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20160411_GIA.jpg

By Fr. Antonio Takei, SDB
Aspirantate, Japan

Yokkaichi, Japan, April 11, 2016 - In this third interview we listen to one young priest of Vietnamese origin, who is part of the formation team in the Yokkaichi Aspirantate in central Japan, assisting with other 3 perpetually professed members 15 Aspirants - High school students.

As young Salesian you were looking for spiritual direction formation?

Being a young Salesian, there’s always a moment that I look on the spiritual direction as part of my on-going formation. This is a great opportunity to understand my commitment and feel the presence of God in my life. So, I like to share these moments of God’s presence:

During my theological studies, I was accepted in the Tokyo-Sophia University which is administered by the Jesuits. With the help of my professors, I learned various theological subjects, the Scriptures, theological thoughts, history and teachings of the Church. This was led me to understand the presence of God in my life and in the society! In that period, I had spiritual director who guided me to understand some questions regarding my faith and vocation. Especially, in the time of my preparation to say “Yes” forever in the final vows, during my retreats, he helped me so that I was be able to understand deeply my Salesian vocation as deacon and priest. In this way I believed with trust that God called me as He always manifested His presence my life.

As young Salesian priest do you feel confident to offer the service of spiritual direction?

Just being true to myself and to the Salesian community, I believe that every Salesian is looking how he can actively contribute and share our God’s gift for the benefit of all. This self-less sharing of God’s gift shows the totality our following in Christ.

However, to enter serve others in the service of spiritual guide, it does need a deeply grounded experience. I don't feel yet confident that I may be able to perform this kind of ministry. I don’t think further studies are necessary to have an effective spiritual direction; but it does mean a lot.

At this moment I can do, is to be and to live always with young people. I culled out a scriptural verse as a sort of discerning on this regard, “Take courage, it is I, do not be afraid.” (Mk 6:50). This reminds me also that Jesus Christ is always with me and helping me to follow him in the spirit of the Preventive system.

In a typical Salesian environment the community and personal spiritual direction goes together?

I was born in Viet Nam and I came to Japan to stay with my family when I was a teenager. When I was 21 years old I decided to enter the Salesian Congregation. Now, I have been living in the Salesian Congregation for 15 years and have become a priest 4 years ago. I have never any regret, I thank God for making me realized my vocation through the presence of my superiors, my confreres who lived in the same community with me in the past as well in the present community. Looking back, I had never feel being alone or be abandoned from the community where I lived. It was really an experience of Family Spirit as the key characteristic of the Salesian Charism. I give thanks for many senior Salesians who tried to become a friend for me, who were able to walk with me in my journey and conversed with me. It was really like Jesus who walked and conversed with His disciples on the way to Emmaus (Lk 24).

So, considering this question, I could say that I am not able to see God in my eyes but I can see and find Him through my community’s members and also through the people, especially through the youth that I meet in daily experience.

How is the passage from the formation house to the full apostolic experience in the Yokkaichi aspirantate?

In March 2013 I was sent to Yokkaichi community - Aspirantate, established in 1996 and is located in Kyoto Diocese. At present, there are 4 priests and 15 Aspirantats. I'm really happy in my community as a Vice-rector, administrator, teaching in the nearby Catholic school with our Rector, Fr Kitawaga Daisuke, who was ordained two years ahead of me and help us to work as one team. The Aspirants make me understand deeply my Salesian vocation; how to be and to live with the youth. For me, every thing is a privilege from God. Without the presence of God I couldn't do anything. So, I am still in the process of learning.

Any advice to the young Salesians or candidates to the Salesian consecrated life like your Aspirants?

As a young priest, I do not have a lot of experience; but, I will share what have I experienced in my journey.

• As young Salesians we have to make friends with the young people, walk with them and encourage them to achieve a personal relationship with Jesus.
  • As followers of Jesus, we have to imitate Him as we deepen a personal relationship with God through listening to the Word, receiving advice from spiritual director by frequent confession and Eucharist.
  • A members of one specific community, we are not here by accident. We are really called by God, and we love Him such that we decided to left everything for Him. We help each other on this journey.
  • As disciples of Don Bosco we have to be evangelizers of the young in every situation. We learn always from him this attitude: “For you I study, for you I work, for you I live, for you I am ready even to give my life.”

20160411_GIA1.jpg

20160411_GIA2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5410(II)_Smart communication also possible for senior Salesians?

ALA_5410 By our own correspondent Rome, 28 June 2020 -- After six months of the Covid-19 pandemic affecting people all around the world, we perceive a strong surge of digital communication as never before. Young and old, poor and wealthy,...
    Date2020.06.29 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views439 file
    Read More
  2. 5410(I)_Two Vietnamese missionary priests ordained in Kenya

ALA_5410 By Fr. Joseph Nguyen Anh ZMB province - Vietnamese missionary Utume-Nairobi, Kenya, 29 June 2020 -- Last Saturday, 27 June, three Salesians were ordained to priesthood in the Interprovincial theologate chapel at Utume (Nairobi, Ke...
    Date2020.06.29 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views926 file
    Read More
  3. 5409(IV)_First Professions of Salesians, Lawaan, Southern Philippines

ALA_5409 By Bro. Jose Miguel Ramirez, SDB Lawaan, Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines, 27 June 2020 -- On June 24, 2020, the Salesian Society St. Francis de Sales welcomed seven newly professed Salesians on the Solemnity of the Nativity of St....
    Date2020.06.27 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views747 file
    Read More
  4. 5409(III)_Okinawa - Who can put the stop to war?

ALA_5409 Peace Message of Japan's Bishops (1945-2020) By Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Japan June 23, 2020 Tokyo, Japan, 27 June 2020 --On the occasion of the 75th anniversary of War's end and 70th anniversary of the start of the Korean ...
    Date2020.06.27 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views468 file
    Read More
  5. 5409(II)_Philippines South: #KabataangSalesianoChallenge

ALA_5409 By Jayriel Cui, SYM-FIS Core Group Lawaan, Talisay City, Cebu, The Philippines, 27 June 2020 -- Last March 2020, the SYM-FIS Core Group initiated activities through the social media since the nation had been placed under community...
    Date2020.06.27 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views505 file
    Read More
  6. 5409(I)_Homage to Archbishop Franceso Panfilo SDB

ALA_5409 By Leslie Brown, past pupil of DBTI, Boroko East, PNG DBTI Boroko East (Port Moresby), Papua New Guinea, 26 June 2020 -- Last June 19, 2020 Pope Francis accepted the resignation presented to him by Archbishop Francesco Panfilo, S....
    Date2020.06.27 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1118 file
    Read More
  7. 5408(II)_What is the impact of the missionary group on Salesian formation house - Crocetta sharing

ALA_5408 From Cl. Jean Paul The Crocetta, Turin, Italy, 25 June 2020 -- Interview with mission group in an international formation house at The Crocetta, Turin, Italy. How did you come to join the missionary group in the Crocetta theologa...
    Date2020.06.25 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views412 file
    Read More
  8. 5408(I)_ASC Japan - new Provincial Council

ALA_5408 From Eriko Bernadette Sato (ASC Japan) Tokyo, Japan, 25 June 2020 -- Salesian Cooperators in Japan launched a new Provincial Council in April 2020. Due to COVID-19, we couldn’t see each other until 21 June. Our council consists of...
    Date2020.06.25 CategoryASC Reply2 Views585 file
    Read More
  9. 5407_June 24, 2020 - Interview with the World President of Don Bosco Past Pupils

ALA_5407 Celebrate with your family and Renew your commitment! From Newsflash (Quarterly newsletter of the World Confederation) Past Pupils of Don Bosco Rome, 24 June 2020 -- Wishing the Past pupils of Don Bosco a happy 150th birthday, we ...
    Date2020.06.24 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views1047 file
    Read More
  10. 5406(III)_Two messages for Don Bosco Past Pupils on 24 June

ALA_5407 Celebrate with your family and Renew your commitment! By Mr. Michal Hort, World President Br. Dominic Nam, World Delegate On the eve of the Don Bosco Alumni Jubilee Year the President of the World Confederation Mr Michal Hort and ...
    Date2020.06.23 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views1446 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 533 Next
/ 533