austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1432 Comment 0

20151029_THA.jpg

at the center one prenovice on his side two Khmer postnovices in Sampran, Thailand - Cl. Dary and Somony

By Cl. Somony, SDB

Sampran, Thailand, October 29, 2015 - Twenty five years after the start of the Salesian Mission in Cambodia there are two 3rd year Khmer post-novices: Clerics Dary and SoMony with one pre-novice in Sampran, Thailand and one Khmer novice in Cebu, Philippines. Every 19th of the month in the EAO region we remember all Salesians of Cambodia (THA) delegation – both missionary ad gentes and local vocations. In Cambodia we have more education insitutions than Salesians, our zeal for vocations is of capital importance.

Here is a beautiful vocational story:

"I’m Br. Mony, a third year philosophy student in the Major Seminary of Thailand (Saengtham College or Lux Mundi). I was born in Cambodia, Pursat province in 1985. I have two brothers and one sister. They all are married and I’m the second one, my parents are still alive. My family were all Buddhist and later on starting from me three became Catholics: my younger sister and my younger brother. And now also my mother is studying catechism to become a Catholic.

My Salesian vocation began when I was a boarding student in Don Bosco Technical School Phnom Penh (2002) after I have finished my high school study in my home province. There were 100 boarders from different parts of Cambodia. We got to know each other there as a family. As regards the religion way, our Assistant teachers first invited those interested to join for the daily Mass in the school chapel. But only few did. I had three friends, not yet baptized but members of the Catholic Church. They invited me to join the Mass with them. I just want to know what are they doing and then I followed them. After some time I start to attend the Mass very often by myself even if my friends did not come with me. Later I start to get some duties in the chapel even if I was not a Catholic because there were only two Catholic boarders. After three months I asked to join the catechism class with some of my friends on every Sunday afternoon and helped some Oratory works every Sunday morning. I didn’t think much about that. All I thought in that time is to do something good which made me feel happy. In my two years in the boarding house I got to learn many things from the people around me: from my friends who were sharing the good experiences with me, from my teachers who taught me technical, moral and other subjects, from our Salesians who taught us during the morning and good night talks. Especially I got much from their good witness to me.

Before my graduation Fr. Gerard Ravasco invited me and one friend to follow him to Don Bosco Poipet to be the teacher there. We accepted his request and after graduation we followed him. In Poipet we continued our catechumenate for one more year and then we received the baptism together from our Rector, Fr. John Visser in 2005. We needed to ask first permission from our parents. But my parents only asked me: “Is that good for you or not?” and let me choose by myself.

I was happy to be a Catholic but I never thought to be a Salesian. A few months later, my Rector sent me to study for 6 months technical skills in Don Bosco Bangkok, Thailand. He asked me to prepare myself for this foreign trip, but I didn’t pay attention. So when we arrived there, it was a strong shock because we can’t communicate at all. I didn’t speak Thai and even English language, hence no one understood me. I didn’t know what to do with this situation. I was not able to sleep for three nights. I asked myself many questions especially about the meaning of my life. I start to think deeply about God and His existence and I have tested him for many times: I asked God to help me understand my doubts. And I promised Him if my prayer will come true I will offer my life to serve Him as a priest or any other duty that I could offer. When the time passed little by little I got to understand something and start to have peace in my heart. I felt like to be born again, that referred to the meaning of my baptism.

After my return to Cambodia I continued to work as a teacher in Don Bosco Poipet for 4 more years and then in 2009 I became a Salesian Aspirant in 2009. During these 4 years of searching, my Rector, Fr. John Visser and Fr. Valter Brigolin, Fr. Gabriel Kang and other Salesians supported and guided me in my vocation journey. When Fr. Brigolin was a rector, he didn’t push me to choose the Salesian vocation, but he gave me the freedom to choose by myself. He sent me to join the vocation camp with the diocesans and other religious congregations very often for two years. In this way I got to know different kinds of vocations but I desired to choose Salesian Way because I felt closer and comfortable than any other vocation.

So at the end of the discernment I have applied to join the Salesian vocation to serve God in Don Bosco’s Way until now. During my Salesian vocation journey it was not always easy, I had also to overcome many problems, but what always remained in me that I’m always OK and happy with all these challenges. I got to know the importance of a spiritual guide. I didn’t think so much what will happen in the future in my vocation. I just tried to do the best I can and I believe that this is really my vocation that God made as life-way for me.”

20151029_THA1.jpg

20151029_THA2.jpg

20151029_THA3.jpg

20151029_THA4.jpg

20151029_THA5.jpg

20151029_THA6.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5498(I)_The Feast of Blessed Michael Rua, the patron of the Postnovitiate of Vietnam

ALA_5498 By Fr. Joseph Phuoc, SDB Dalat, Vietnam, 29 October 2020 -- The Feast of Blessed Michael Rua [20 October, 2020) was traditionally celebrated in the Post-novitiate community of Vietnam: the traditional “Academy” on the eve of the F...
    Date2020.10.31 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views761 file
    Read More
  2. 5497(II)_Planted in the Land of the Unexpected

ALA_5497 Installation of the 3rd Provincial of PGS By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Boroko, Port Moresby, PNG, 30 October 2020 -- The 3rd Provincial of the Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands vice-province (PGS), Fr Gregorio Bicomong Junior sd...
    Date2020.10.30 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views461 file
    Read More
  3. 5497(I)_Witness of 20 years of Vietnamese Salesian Missionary Life

ALA_5497 Interview with Fr Andrew Tin: My call is Mongolia! By our own correspondent Darkhan, Mongolia, 30 October 2020 -- Twenty years after the 2000 AD Jubilee Salesian Missionary Expedition, Fr Andrew Trung Tin (53 years), now a member ...
    Date2020.10.30 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views475 file
    Read More
  4. 5496(II)_Following the path of Blessed Michael Rua

ALA_5496 By our own correspondent Rome, 29 October 2020 -- As with every year, today (29 October) we celebrate the liturgical memory of Blessed Michael Rua, the first successor of Don Bosco (1937-1910). It is another good opportunity to di...
    Date2020.10.29 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views755 file
    Read More
  5. 5496(I)_Ready to walk the journey of Life

ALA_5496 By Sr. Fatima Mafu DBTI Boroko, PNG 29 Ocotber 2020 -- 32 students of the 4th year Education Batch gathered together at the Emmaus Conference Centre, Boroko on23-24 October for their Spiritual Retreat. The Retreat was animated by ...
    Date2020.10.29 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views598 file
    Read More
  6. 5495_True charity at heart during the pandemic - Vietnamese in Ethiopia

ALA_5495 By our own correspondent Adwa, Ethiopia (AET Viceprovince), 28 October 2020 -- On 20 October 2020, the Vietnamese Embassy in Tanzania sent an appreciation letter to (Duc cha = Father) Joseph Trinh Kinh Luan, Vietnamese Salesian mi...
    Date2020.10.28 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views454 file
    Read More
  7. 5494_Six New Salesian Deacons

ALA_5494 Philippines , Timor Leste and Myanmar By Jarmy Reignier Atienza Roxas, SDB Paranaque City, the Philippines 24 October 2020 -- In the midst of the pandemic, the Salesians of Don Bosco from the community of the Seminaryo ng Don Bosc...
    Date2020.10.27 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views869 file
    Read More
  8. 5493(II)_Will you become my friend? - Fr. John Lee publication finally in English

ALA_5493 By our own correspondent Seoul, South Korea (KOR), 26 October 2020 -- The best missionary animation is to let the missionary speak out. During this missionary month of October we may be encouraged by the consistent daily storytell...
    Date2020.10.26 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views699 file
    Read More
  9. 5493(I)_Philippines South Province Blessed with a New Priest

ALA_5493 By Jan Odivilas Archdiocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes, Cebu City, The Philippines, 24 October 2020 -- The Salesian Society of St. John Bosco in the Philippines, South Province (FIS), celebrated the ordination to the Order of ...
    Date2020.10.26 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views972 file
    Read More
  10. 5492_Explore the incredible treasures of the Salesian lay vocation!

ALA_5492 By our own correspondent Rome, 24 October 2020 -- The Feast of All Saints is coming soon (November 1) and with the Solemnity a good occasion to remember, explore and to give thanks at least for a few of the as yet not so well-know...
    Date2020.10.24 CategoryASC Reply0 Views633 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 536 Next
/ 536