Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 2409 Comment 0

20160909_GIA.jpg

Guinness Record in distributing the Miraculous Medal of Mary

By Fr. Nobuyuki Tamura, SDB

Miyazaki, Japan, 9 September 2016 -- Brother Peter Mori (77 years) is among the 7 senior Salesian Brothers of Japan province, who was for many years of his consecrated life involved in many different communities. However for past 30 years his life witness is marked by a special missionary commitment.

He got his vocation in the St. Joseph Orphanage in Nakatsu (Kyushu Island) and confess that thanks to prayers of many people he is still faithful to the Salesian vocation and his personal prayer of the Rosary: “Relationship to Mary is the secret of my Salesian life.”

About 30 years ago Br. Mori realized that he can do something more than his ordinary duties in the Salesian house. After pondering on the effects of the ‘miraculous medal’ of Mary, he realized that simply through distribution of this medal he can contribute to the evangelization of fellow non-Christian around him. After a dialogue with many outstanding senior missionaries like Fr. Suchán he started his missionary action.

Today Br. Mori shares his dream: "I would like to become first in this medal sharing! I don’t like to lose to anybody else. Long time ago I got first few medals from Fr. Cipriani in Don Bosco Sha, then I needed to wait for a very long time before another supply will come. Whenever some Salesian goes to pilgrimage abroad, I’m asking to purchase me some new medals." Until now Br. Peter distributed probably some 30.000 medals of Mary. And another Salesians supports him with printing of the brief explanation and package.

How does he evangelize with this medal? “I go the public places, like shopping mall, famous tourist spot, sea port and public park or on the train. I’m simply asking ‘Do you want a protection of Mary? It’s OK? May I give you one medal of Mary (with a short printed description)? Usually among the young people 8 of 10 boys are open to receive.”

Br. Mori also confess: "First time when I was rejected while offering the medal I was very ashamed. But then I realized that this is for Mary and she prays for all of us from heaven. On the other side many non-Christians are very happy to receive her medal." There are also many stories of those who receive the medal of Mary: "I meet in the street some who weary the medal of Mary for longer time and even ask some more medals for their family members."

Brother Mori concludes: "After 250 years of long lasting persecution of Christians in Japan and 150 years of evangelization we are still in the situation of initial proclamation of Jesus. All of Japan is a place for mission. Wherever I will distribute the medal, it will contribute to the salvation of souls. I’m just distributing and Mother Mary will do the rest!"

20160909_GIA1.jpg

20160909_GIA2.jpg

20160909_GIA3.jpg

20160909_GIA4.jpg

20160909_GIA5.jpg

20160909_GIA6.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5524(II)_Thoughts of Blessed Philip Rinaldi for his Feast on 5 December

ALA_5524 By own correspondent World, 3 December 2020 -- Next Saturday, 5 December, the whole Salesian Family remembers the liturgical memory of Blessed Philip Rinaldi (1856-1931), the third successor of Don Bosco, one of the most genial so...
    Date2020.12.03 CategoryWorld Reply7 Views1149 file
    Read More
  2. 5524(I)_Bisperas Sa Veritas – Sweet Sixteen

ALA_5524 By Fr. Drans Nolasco, SDB Manila, the Philippines, 3 December 2020 -- Bisperas Sa Veritas, a weekly radio program that helps listeners and viewers prepare themselves for the Sunday liturgy, celebrated its 16th anniversary last Nov...
    Date2020.12.03 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views734 file
    Read More
  3. 5523(II)_SAVIO HAUS Oratory Day 2020

ALA_5523 By Lucy Napitalai Bomana (Port Moresby), PNG, Sunday 29 November 2020 -- As the year draws to an end, the three Oratory centers: Bomana, Keto and Nebiri (situated on the outskirts of Port Moresby) with over two hundred fifty (250)...
    Date2020.12.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views579 file
    Read More
  4. 5523(I)_Six-year journey with the first Filipino CDB (Con Don Bosco) vocations

ALA_5523 By Fr. Eli Cruz CDB Ecclesiastical Assistant Canlubang - Philippines, 2 December 2020 -- A few days before the first profession of the CDB (Con Don Bosco = With Don Bosco), Salesian (Men) Secular Institute, we are happy to share t...
    Date2020.12.02 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1090 file
    Read More
  5. 5522(II)_VIE Province: Salesian Brother Andrew Pham Tat Hoi Celebrates his Feastday and Golden Jubilee of Religious Profession

ALA_5522 By Br. Pham hong Phuoc, SDB Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 30 November 2020 -- On the feast of St. Andrew the Apostle, Salesian brother Andrew Pham Tat Hoi celebrated his patron saint and golden jubilee of religious profession. Fr Jos...
    Date2020.12.01 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views645 file
    Read More
  6. 5522(I)_Requiem Mass for Deceased Members of the Salesian Family 2020

ALA_5522 By Salesian cooperator (CIN) Hong Kong, 25 November 2020 -- China Province offered a requiem mass on the day of the memorial of Mama Margherita at the Mary Help of Christians Parish (Tang Kong Po school). It is the Salesian Family...
    Date2020.12.01 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views974 file
    Read More
  7. 5521(II)_Michaelites celebrate 50 years in PNG

ALA_5521 By Simon Mokot Kuli Parish, Jiwaka, Mt Hagen, PNG, November 2020 -- The congregation of Saint Michael the Archangel (CSMA), the Michaelites, celebrated fifty (50) years of humble service in PNG, at Kuli Parish, Mt. Hagen Archdioce...
    Date2020.11.30 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views2869 file
    Read More
  8. 5521(I)_New provincial delegate and 8 newly promised ASC in Korea

ALA_5521 By ASC social communication Seoul, Korea, 30 November 2020 -- The annual promise of new members was celebrated with the utmost wholehearted and careful preparation of the whole Provincial Council of Salesian Cooperators in Korea. ...
    Date2020.11.30 CategoryASC Reply0 Views615 file
    Read More
  9. 5520(V)_Heart of Life: First full time course spiritual director graduate from PGS - Fr Shoji

ALA_5520 By Fr. Shoji, SDB PGS Vice-province, 28 November 2020 -- "At the outset I would like to place on record my profound gratitude to my PGS vice province for sending me to attend this particular Siloam programme at Heart of Life in Me...
    Date2020.11.29 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views533 file
    Read More
  10. 5520(IV)_Port Moresby's DBTC Graduates urged to be Honest and Christian Citizens

ALA_5520 By Nigel Akuani, CBC SOCOM and Atira Basil, 9 Besucco, DBTS Port Moresby, PNG, 28 November 2020 -- “You are sons of Don Bosco and as you step out into the next phase of your lives, always remember to strive to be good Christians a...
    Date2020.11.29 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1115 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 537 Next
/ 537