NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
AUL
2015.09.17 17:48

3741(II)_Vocation story sharing

Views 2114 Comment 1

20150917_AUL.jpg

By Nov. Lui Leiofi Sueina, SDB

During the Bicentenary year of Don Bosco there are five novices in Fiji (AUL) with 4 Samoans and 1 Aussie novice. The formation community has 3 formators and seven candidates to the priesthood studying philosophy, education and theology.

Samoan novice Lui Leiofi tells his vocation story:

First and foremost, my vocation is not my action but it is a calling from God – as a gift. The significance of vocation in my life is that the vocation is an apostolic mission and the response to God despite whatever other things I may be doing...

I know from the vocation life I saw in the Salesian Priests and the Brothers of the community that they worked with the young people and they kept company with them many times. I pondered deeply about that, how I could give myself to be with the youngsters. This was very interesting for me, at that time I wanted to be like them because that was very similar to my mission at my Parish. This initial interest really inspired me to try this way of serving God.

Everyone has a different call from God (vocation), many people form the Church community, like Priests, Sisters and other vocations found in the family. For me this is similar to how in the family there are many different roles, like the head of the family or those who look after their whole family. For a scriptural experience I learnt from the Gospel of Mark; Jesus called his disciples and they responded immediately. ‘Take up your cross and follow me’, for me I always try to take up my cross and follow him. Our vocation is that call from God which forms our life, because of this it is God’s gift and a faithful communication of the way to fulfillment in Christ. Every call shows us that the Lord loves us, his children, and is leading and helping the Church.

There are several ways I want to offer my life for other people. Therefore, I can help with whatever they need and for the needs of the Church. Our call as Salesians is to focus on the needs of young people, who make up a part of the body of Christ. For us, we try to be aware of others and serve the people of God.

To be a gift to others: to have a relationship with one another and a relationship with God. To serve you and from this I too will find my reward in the successes of the young. This is mutual and it is like a gift for God and the Church, whilst God has also given a gift to me. For me, I feel this call is to the Salesains and I am thankful for this gift.

20150917_AUL1.jpg

20150917_AUL2.jpg

20150917_AUL3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • vaclav 2015.09.21 15:29

TIN VÙNG ĐÔNG Á - CHÂU ĐẠI DƯƠNG

Chia sẻ câu truyện ơn gọi

ChiaseOngoi.jpgVăn Hào, SDB

(Đảo Fiji – Tỉnh dòng Úc Châu)  Trong năm thánh Salêdiêng, kỷ niệm đệ nhị bách chu niên sinh nhật Don Bosco, tại Fiji tỉnh dòng Úc Thái Bình Dương (AUL) có 5 tập sinh: 4 anh em thuộc đảo Samoa và 1 anh em thuộc Úc. Cộng thể đào luyện năm nay có 3 nhân viên đào luyện và 7 anh em trong thời kỳ đào luyện hướng tới chức linh mục. Anh em đang học triết học, giáo dục và thần học.

Tập sinh Lui Leiofi, gốc thuộc đảo Samoa đã chia sẻ câu truyện ơn gọi của Thầy như sau:

“Trước hết và trên hết, ơn gọi của tôi không phải do tôi lựa chọn, nhưng đó là lời mời gọi của Chúa. Chính xác hơn, đây là quà tặng Thiên Chúa ban cho tôi. Ý nghĩa ơn gọi trong đời sống của tôi chính là sứ mệnh tông đồ và sự đáp trả của tôi trước lời mời gọi của Thiên Chúa, cho dầu cuộc sống tôi có như thế nào chăng nữa. Tôi cảm nhận ra ơn gọi của mình khi thấy các anh em SDB trong cộng thể, các linh mục hay sư huynh đang làm việc cho giới trẻ và theo sát các bạn trẻ đó. Tôi suy nghĩ và tự hỏi, làm cách nào tôi cũng có thể dấn thân và sống cho các bạn trẻ như thế. Câu hỏi này rất thú vị đối với tôi lúc bấy giờ, vì lúc đó tôi thấy cuộc sống của các Ngài cuốn hút tôi. Các Ngài phục vụ sứ mệnh giống với lý tưởng tôi đang theo đuổi, và bản thân tôi cũng đang tham gia vào các việc tông đồ tại giáo xứ. Sự thích thú ban đầu này đã khởi hứng để tôi cố gắng phục vụ Chúa giống như các ngài.

Mỗi người đều có ơn gọi khác nhau, đến từ Thiên Chúa. Nhiều người sống ơn gọi để phục vụ Giáo hội như các linh mục, các nữ tu và nhiều ơn gọi khác ngay trong đời sống gia đình. Theo tôi, điều này cũng giống như trong một gia đình, mỗi người có phần vụ riêng, và người làm đầu thì quán xuyến mọi sinh hoạt của cả gia đình. Trong Tin mừng Marcô, tôi cũng học hỏi kinh nghiệm qua việc Chúa Giêsu gọi các môn đệ, và họ đáp trả ngay lập tức. Chúa nói với ông: “ Các anh hãy vác thập giá mình và theo tôi” . Cũng vậy đối với tôi, tôi phải vác thập giá để đi theo Chúa, và ơn gọi của tôi đến từ Thiên Chúa, Ngài hình thành đời sống của tôi. Vì thế, đó chính là quà tặng Thiên Chúa trao ban và qua đó tôi được hiệp thông trọn vẹn trong đức tin với Chúa Kitô. Mỗi ơn gọi đều diễn bày tình yêu của Thiên Chúa đối với chúng ta là con cái của Ngài. Ngài mời gọi và hướng dẫn chúng ta đi theo Ngài để phục vụ Giáo hội.

Có nhiều cách thức để tôi có thể hiến dâng cuộc đời phục vụ tha nhân. Tôi có thể giúp đỡ tha nhân những gì họ cần thiết, cũng như giúp đỡ Giáo hội. Đối với các Salêdiêng, đối tượng của chúng ta là giới trẻ, là một phần của nhiệm thể Đức Kitô. Điều quan trọng đối với mỗi người chúng ta, là chúng ta phải biết về tha nhân xem họ cần gì, và qua đó chúng ta phục vụ dân của Chúa.

Cần trở nên quà tặng trao ban cho người khác. Điều đó có nghĩa là chúng ta phải có mối tương giao với tha nhân và cũng cần có sự tương giao thân tình với chính Thiên Chúa. Đức Giêsu đến trần gian để phục vụ chúng ta, vì thế tôi cũng vinh dự bước theo Ngài để phục vụ giới trẻ. Đây là sự tương giao hỗ tương, và tôi cũng phải biến mình thành quà tặng trao dâng cho Thiên Chúa và cho Giáo hội, vì Thiên Chúa cũng đã trao ban quà tặng cho tôi. Đối với tôi, tôi cảm nhận ra đây là lời mời gọi của Thiên Chúa gửi đến tôi để tôi trở thành Salêdiêng, và tôi cảm tạ Chúa về quà tặng quý giá này.

Văn Hào, SDB chuyển ngữ

1. 5561(I)_St Francis de Sales celebrated at the Philippines Novitiate

By Fr Vince Michael Sabal, SDB Lawaan, Cebu, The Philippines, 28 January 2021 -- Every 24th of January we celebrate the Feast of St. Francis de Sales, the titular patron of the Salesians of Don Bosco. The Aspirants of Don Bosco Formation Ce...
    Date2021.01.28 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views563 file
    Read More
  2. 5560_Korea: SDB religious professions 2021, January 24

By Fr. Samuel Yoo, SDB Seoul, Korea, 27 February 2021 -- On the feast of St. Francis de Sales, 24 January 2021, Br Francis Choi, Hyeon-jong made his final (perpetual) religious profession during the Eucharist celebrated in the Seoul Provinc...
    Date2021.01.27 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views886 file
    Read More
  3. 5559(II)_Interview: Salesian Cooperators World Administrator

Ms Cinzia Arena shares Salesian vocation & mission By ASC - World Council Interview with the World Administrator Ms Cinzia Arena, ASC World, 25 January 2021 -- The Association of Salesian Cooperators from the early days (approval by Pop...
    Date2021.01.26 CategoryASC Reply0 Views1015 file
    Read More
  4. 5559(I)_How to deal with the culture of silence? - Prevention and Openness

By our own correspondent World, 26 January 2021 -- Almost two years after the large Vatican summit on 'The Protection of Minors in the Church' (February 2019) we see many signs of serious commitment in many parts of the Universal Ch...
    Date2021.01.26 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views832 file
    Read More
  5. 5558_Salesian Mission Day 2021 - Animation materials at your fingertips

One Father-One Family: Salesian Mission Day 2021 By our own correspondent World, 25 January 20210 -- Since 1988 the Salesian Congregation has invited the whole Salesian Family to celebrate the annual 'Salesian Mission Day' (SMD) wit...
    Date2021.01.25 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1213 file
    Read More
  6. 5557(III)_Appointment of the new Provincial of Vietnam-Mongolia

By Fr. Joseph Phuoc Regional Rome, 24 January 2021 -- On 19 January 2021, the Rector Major appointed Fr Barnaba Le An Phong SDB as the 5th Provincial of the Province St John Bosco, Vietnam-Mongolia, for the six years from 2021-2027. Fr Barn...
    Date2021.01.24 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views701 file
    Read More
  7. 5557(II)_EAO Region evaluates the 2021 SF Spirituality Days

By Br Dominic Nam and Fr Mario do Rosario EAO Region, 24 January 2021 -- One week after the 39th SF Spirituality days that brought together more than 1100 SF member from 20 EAO countries last weekend (Jan 15-17) an Online Evaluation meeting...
    Date2021.01.24 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views735 file
    Read More
  8. 5557(I)_@Walking for Earth - known also as Plogging

Don Bosco Past Pupil shares from Korea By Fr. Peter Kim Don Bosco Green Alliance, Seoul Korea, 23 January 2021 -- Environment and Health are an oft-raised connection today, thanks to Don Bosco Past Pupil, Mr Bae Shin Heng (graduate of South...
    Date2021.01.24 CategoryASC Reply0 Views497 file
    Read More
  9. 5556(II)_Glasses of Hope express the enthusiasm of Salesian Family

By Fr. Jomar Bacucang Salesian Family Delegate FIS - Cebu Cebu, The Philippines, 22 January 2021 -- Each SDB province and its Salesian Family has its own culture and traditions, including our province of Mary Help of Christians in Southern ...
    Date2021.01.22 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1613 file
    Read More
  10. 5556(I)_Manga style poster of Strenna 2021 by Guri Suzuki - Japan

By our own correspondent EAO Region, 22 January 2021 -- Along with the 'official' ANS sponsored Strenna 2021 poster, made this year in Argentina, other national versions are being produced and circulated. The EAO Region for the past...
    Date2021.01.22 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views32571 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 533 Next
/ 533