?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1745 Comment 1

20151004_EAO.jpg

By Cl. Anthony Pun, SDB

If we consider the EAO region to be the furthest region from the Pisana, Rome, perhaps the four of us stay in a distance nearest to the headquarter, and yet we may be easily forgotten by confreres in EAO.

Who are we? And where are we?

We know that for Salesians, who are doing their further studies in UPS, live with the communities in the campus. As for those who are in their specific formation, studying theology in preparation for their priesthood, they stay in Gerini community of Bl. Zeffirino Namuncurà. In the year 2015-16, among the 47 confreres coming from different corners of the world, there are 1 formator and 3 formatees from EAO:

Fr. Nguyen Ngoc Vinh Joseph, Vietnamese, has been staying in Rome for 11 years. Besides being the formator in Gerini, he is doing his doctorate in Holy Scripture in Pontifical Biblical Institute.

“Hi, I am Lou San. I come from Hong Kong, the China Province. I just made my perpetual profession last summer, and now, I am beginning my third year of theology.”

“My name is Cesar J. da Costa, born on April 22, 1988, in a village in East Timor, Baucau. I began to receive Salesian Education when I was 12. Inspired by the examples of Salesian missionaries, I was attracted to Salesian life and made my first profession in 2008. In the coming year, I shall begin my second year of theology.

I am happy to be here in Gerini because I get to know confreres from different countries and their cultures. I would like to take this opportunity to send my greetings to all confreres in EAO, and we are always united in prayer.”

“Hi, I am Anthony Pun, coming from Hong Kong, China, as well. I am a new arrival to Rome. Before starting my theological studies in UPS, I am now learning the language.”

On 28/9 – 1/10, our community had a 4-day program in Pacognano, near to Napoli. In the light of the Jubilee year of the Mercy, proclaimed by Pope Francis, we planned our community project in 4 dimensions: human/ fraternal, spiritual/ liturgical, intellectual/ cultural and pastoral.

May the Jubilee year be a fruitful year to come, and we hope to share more news with you in the near future! Let’s keep each other in our prayers!

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • vaclav 2015.10.04 23:31

dear friends from Gerini!

thanks for your sharing. cl. Pun broke the record of silence... hope the Gerini 

and UPS story will continue - you can challenge the folks from the UPS Don Bosco and Michael Rua communities... 

from Jakarta with love and prayer fr vaclav

1. 5644_Learning from each other - Timor Leste Federation of DB Past Pupils

By President's Report Dili, Timor Leste (RDTL), 5 July 2021 -- Each EAO regional event brings a lot of valuable charismatic experience, inspiration and wisdom together. The recent 12th Asia-Oceania Don Bosco Past Pupils Congress 'ON...
    Date2021.07.05 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views917 file
    Read More
  2. 5643(II)_Why the Caritas sisters take to the streets every Friday

By Sr Lena CSJ Seoul, South Korea, 4 July 2021 -- Since May 2020 the Caritas Sisters of Jesus have been living up to Pope Francis' advice since the special anniversary of Laudato Si', in solidarity with the Catholic Climate Action a...
    Date2021.07.04 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views907 file
    Read More
  3. 5643(I)_Carlo Gastini, A poet of Valdocco (1833-1902)

Finally the biography of their Founder - Past Pupils By our own correspondent Sacro Cuore, Rome, 4 July 2021 -- Who is the founder of the Past Pupils of Don Bosco? Of course, Don Bosco himself! - the answer we often hear from the Salesians ...
    Date2021.07.04 CategoryEXDB Reply1 Views1390 file
    Read More
  4. 5642_Fr. George P. Militante, SDB enters the Salesian Garden

By FIS Social Communications Cebu, The Philippines, 2 July 2021 -- At around 3:00 PM on July 1, 2021, Fr. George P. Militante, SDB returned to the Lord. Fr. George was about to turn 69 this year but his battle with cancer overtook him. Jovi...
    Date2021.07.03 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1036 file
    Read More
  5. 5641_Called to something ‘beyond’

By Christopher William Lee, Volunteer Christopher (28) is a registered nurse from Florida, USA. He comes from a family of eight children whom he says are: “crazy and awesome at the same time”. Florida is hot and lined with palm ...
    Date2021.07.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1117 file
    Read More
  6. 5640_The Thai Salesian Past Pupils at the 12th Asia-Oceania Don Bosco Past Pupils' Congress

By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 29 June 2021 -- Bro. Thanad Anan, SDB, the Salesian delegate for the past pupils of Thailand, together with 3 representatives of the past pupils, joined the online 12th Congress of the Salesian Past Pupils of As...
    Date2021.06.29 CategoryEXDB Reply1 Views944 file
    Read More
  7. 5639(II)_New Rector for the Theologate of the VIE Province

By Br. Pham hong Phuoc, SDB Blessed Philip Rinaldi Theologate, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam, 28 June 2021 -- At 10 a.m. on Saturday 26 June 2021, Fr Joseph Le Ngoc Anh, the newly appointed rector of the Blessed Philip Rinaldi Theologate of the...
    Date2021.06.28 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views737 file
    Read More
  8. 5639(I)_Visions and expectations of the Mission

By Fr. Arjuna Lamapaha, SDB Salesian Priest recently ordained as priest on 7 October 2020 He hails from the vice-province of Indonesia (INA), belongs to the 151st Missionary Expedition He is sent on Mission Ad Gentes to the vice-province of...
    Date2021.06.28 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views729 file
    Read More
  9. 5638(II)_12th Asia-Oceania Congress: Awakening and rejuvenating a sleeping giant

By AO Congress steering committee Asia-Oceania PPDB Region, 27 June 2021 -- Just another Regional Congress of Don Bosco Past Pupils? Not really! The now completed 12th Asia-Oceania Regional Congress of Don Bosco Past Pupils without doubt is...
    Date2021.06.27 CategoryEXDB Reply2 Views1099 file
    Read More
  10. 5638(I)_53rd and 1st Graduation Ceremony in Taipei

By our Taiwan correspondent Taipei, Taiwan, 27 June 2021 -- Saturday 26 June 2021, the Jesuit-run Fu Jen Faculty of Theology of Saint Robert Bellarmine held its 53rd Graduation Ceremony. For us Salesians of Don Bosco, however, who three yea...
    Date2021.06.27 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1006 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 533 Next
/ 533