Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Pac.
2018.10.21 17:20

4888(II)_"Come and See"

Views 1219 Comment 0

20181021_PAC.jpg

First vocational day in Savaii-Samoa

By Cl. Peter Duc Nguyen, SDB

Savaii, Samoa, 20 October 2018 -- To help young boys take a closer glance at Salesian life and find vocations for the Congregation, specifically for the Pacific Delegation, the Salelologa SDB community held a vocational day called “Come and See”.

The Come and See event started at 6:30 pm on Friday 19 October and finished at 1:30 p.m. the next day, Saturday. There were five participants from Don Bosco College and it was really a good day. After welcoming the participants, we had evening prayers together and then Fr Visesio Tovia, the Rector of the community, explained the meaning of the day to them. The program continued by learning about Don Bosco and the Salesians through a movie at night after saying the rosary. The next day, Fr Nick Casteljns, in his homily, inspired in participants a generous spirit to serve others with Don Bosco’s spirit. He introduce them to some specific people around them such as the fathers (priests), the brothers in the community and also the volunteers from other countries.

The sharing section impressed them indeed. From Fr Rector to us young Salesians in formation, we shared our own vocation history with them. They were interested because each of us has a special vocation story, totally different from the others. And our words were a friendly way of sharing. After that we played table tennis together. The day closed with thanks and good advice from Fr Rector.

This was a short and small program compared with other Salesian communities but it was really very meaningful for our community. This was the very first time for us and especially all of us worked together as one in this event. The famous saying “If you do not start, you will not get anywhere”. Yes, starting is a condition for continuing and reach out to a goal ahead. We were happy with this start and we also are aware that the journey of responding to a vocation (call of God) is a long one and has to have a good accompaniment, and be planned with prayer and good example.

20181021_PAC1.jpg

20181021_PAC2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4893(II)_Young Volunteers celebrate Missions Month with Senior SDB missionaries 0

2. 4893(I)_Time for God, for the community, for the young 0

3. 4892_Vocations - SYM - Volunteers: Focus of Youth Ministry in Japan 0

4. 4891(II)_The Spirituality of the Playground 2

5. 4891(I)_Missionary Gratitude and Commitment 0

6. 4890_Young Volunteers reflect on the DBVG 2018 1

7. 4889(II)_"Community of Communities Together with the Youth" 0

8. 4889(I)_Through Don Bosco to Jesus - an easy way? 0

9. 4888(II)_"Come and See" 0

10. 4888(I)_Welcome the new student 0

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 533 Next
/ 533