Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 922 Comment 0

20180321_FIN.jpg

Interview with Deacon Paul Lee (KOR)

By Our Own Correspondent

Paranaque, the Philippines, 20 March 2018 -- Deacon Paul Lee is one of the large community of Seminaryo ng Don Bosco returning on March 26 to his native Korea province (KOR). His priestly ordination is scheduled for April 13, 2018 in Seoul. Few questions before his departure.

You had a happy time of Salesian formation in Paranaque. What do you treasure most in your heart?

I can say that the thing that I treasure the most is the brotherly love which I received from the brothers. And the love that I that the young ones have shared with me. We love each other just like what Don Bosco wanted us to do.

Looking back at 4 years in the Seminaryo ng Don Bosco period in your life, what did you learn?

Except learning Theology in English language I got to learn to accept and respect my fellow Salesian confreres - brothers. accept and respect their culture. Accept and respect who they are. By doing so we are able to live in harmonious relationship.

Living in multicultural community is enriching experience. What are the joys and challenges of this unique experience?

Living in a multicultural community is not that easy but here there are a lot of seminars and activities that would help me to become more aware about our Salesian mission. There are so many missionaries from different countries that would come and share their experience and wisdom to us. I am very thankful about these programs that our community provided to make us grow more.

And about the joy and challenges? Just simply being with the brothers and doing activities together with the youth like playing football together, basketball singing and even eating together gives me a lot of joy. While controlling and trying to discipline oneself is a kind of challenge to me. Every Thursday the community allows us to do thing and to have time for ourselves if I would not control and discipline myself I would have done mistakes that a religous Salesian shouldn't do. So I am very thankful to God for giving me the strength and wisdom to overcome my weakness.

Would you like to hear about my unique experience?

Well I guess you won't be surprise if I tell you that here in the Philippines they celebrate birthday that much. That's why I was very surprised because here when someone celebrates his birthday, the confreres will really prepare a celebration for him. And the birthday celebrant should have his birthday speech. In his speech he will have to talk about his vocation story and it is also a time for a Salesian confrere to reflect on his religious life. So when I celebrated here my birthday I was very happy. I really felt the love of my fellow confreres who greeted me with a wholehearted smile.

Going back to Korea after 4 years living in a Catholic country of the Philippines, what do bring back with you?

After living in the Philippines for 4 years I am so thankful and blessed because I will go back to Korea with a more mature mind. I will bring home the seed of my mission and make it grow in the vineyard of Christ as a Salesian brother in Korea.

Any sharing, dream, suggestion, reflection, one month before your ordination?

I love being with the youth but there are challenges that come my way and these challenges really made me grow. I can say that now I have stronger faith. This community that I have stayed for about 3 years has given much time to reflect about my vocation. I entered Salesian community in 2008 this is my 10th year now As a Salesian brother. Now I can proudly say that I am happier and proud to be a Salesian. I can feel that I love Don Bosco more than ever. I really thank my brothers who really showed me the true love of Don Bosco and I thank them for they helped me to grow and become stronger.

I know this coming priestly ordination is just a new beginning of my journey as a Salesian but there's one thing I am sure about I will do my best to follow Don Bosco footsteps.

20180321_FIN1.jpg

20180321_FIN2.jpg

20180321_FIN3.jpg

20180321_FIN4.jpg

20180321_FIN5.jpg

20180321_FIN6.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4677(II)_There is nothing wrong with me? 1

2. 4677(I)_House Chronicles, Small steps with a great effect 0

3. 4676_Quo Vadis, Salesian? 0

4. 4675(III)_Archbishop Costelloe SDB appointed a President of the 2020 Australia Plenary Council 0

5. 21Mar
    by ceteratolle
    2018/03/21 in FIN
    Views 922 

4675(II)_What do we learn in Paranaque formation house? 0

6. 4675(I)_Brother Zatti might become a Saint 0

7. 4674(II)_Why do you become a Salesian Brother? 0

8. 4674(I)_Salesian Cooperators of ITM on the move 0

9. 4673(II)_Silent Saint who Whispers the Gospel 1

10. 4673(I)_Do you treasure your Salesian roots? 0

List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 533 Next
/ 533