Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
PGS
2018.08.08 05:09

4811(II)_“Youth serving Youth”

Views 131 Comment 0

20180808_PGS20.jpg

Don Bosco Animators Training for DBSTC students

By Jascintine Nokondi

Kumgi, Papua New Guinea, 5 August 2018 -- Don Bosco Animators Training for DBSTC students on Friday 4th of August to 05th of August 2018. An Animators Training program was held at the gym last weekend by Miss Jessa. The program was particularly about how be a good leader full of life. The program started on Friday night 4th of August, 6:30-9 o’clock and ended on Saturday evening 4pm.

On Friday night we had orientation/ introduction to the program and it started with a movie titled “Wonder”. The movie was about a little boy who was born with deformities in his face. He went through 27 surgeries to get a normal face but unfortunately he could not. Hisparents loved him and thought him at home, he was home schooled for 4 years and after that his mom decided to put him in a regular/ordinary school. Despite his disability he was very optimistic and had a lot of self-drive motivations. It was a very inspiring movie that thought us good lessons, it thought us to stand out and be good leaders full of life. We ended the night after reflecting on the movie. It was good.

On Saturday we were introduced to the Don Bosco training program booklet which was also presented as power point. The theme of the program is “Youth serving Youth”.

During the morning session we went through the booklet. Miss Jessa talked about a lot of things which we lack in life as a leader. She told us that, "As leaders we have to uphold our integrity and lead students happily. Being a leader doesn’t mean that we will have to give them orders and tell them to follow us always but we have to be good role models so that they can follow. Be happy always, because happy people lead happy teams and never live in the shadows. Don’t be afraid of doing the right thing, even if everyone is going the wrong way as a leader you must always stand out for what is right and bring out the best in yourself so that people will start to trust and respect you as a reliable leader. Real integrity is when you’re doing the right thing knowing that no one sees you. She also thought us about the secrets of life and the code of champions." These are some of the things we’ve learnt. It was not a waste, we did acquire some good knowledge to reflect on our lives.

After the first session we went for lunch. Lunch was provided at the Salesians area so we went down there and had lunch there. After lunch we played small games with objects and reflected them with the lessons we were thought. At the end of the games and all the programs the school president represented all the leaders and gave a speech to acknowledge Miss Jessa for her great work. He presented a green Goroka bilum to her and then we went for picture taking and we ended the program.

It was a good program which helped us a lot. It showed us where our weakness were and it help us to reflect on ourselves and make adjustments in our self so that we can be good and reliable leaders in our school, our homes and our society as a whole.

20180808_PGS21.jpg

Maximum Attachments : 0Byte/ 15.00MB
Maximum File Size : 15.00MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

1. 4944_Salesian Cooperator Vocation - Sharing the Treasure

Interview with Mr Celestino Yoon, ASC By Our Own Correspondent Seoul, Korea, 10 December 2018 -- Mr Celestino Yoon Jeongol was recently congratulated for his long-term contribution to formation at the province level as f...
    Date2018.12.10 CategoryASC Reply0 Views38 newfile
    Read More
  2. 4943(III)_"I invite you not to be afraid"

Appeal of the Rector Major for 150th missionary sending By ANS RMG, 8 December 2018 -- For some years now, the Rector Major, Fr Ángel Fernández Artime, has chosen the day of December 8, feast of the Immaculate Conception, t...
    Date2018.12.09 CategoryRMG Reply2 Views95 file
    Read More
  3. 4943(II)_Four ADMA members make their promise

By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 8 December 2018 -- It was a time of blessings once again for the whole Church, particularly in our Salesian tradition, as we celebrated the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, 8 December 2018. We a...
    Date2018.12.09 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views46 file
    Read More
  4. 4943(I)_Blessed Philip Rinaldi's Feast day

Clothing day, Lectors and Acolytes and blessing of new library By Hải Văn, SDB Xuan Hiep, Vietnam, 6 December 2018 -- On the feast day of Blessed Philip Rinaldi, a new library has been blessed by Fr Joseph Nguyen Van Qua...
    Date2018.12.09 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views104 file
    Read More
  5. 4942(II)_Salesian Scouts walk together with Don Bosco

By THA SC Chonburi, Thailand, 7 December 2018 -- Under the initiative of the Salesian Commission for Education, the Salesian Province of Thailand has organised the Eighth Salesian Scout Jamboree, held at the Vajiravudh Internation...
    Date2018.12.07 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views156 file
    Read More
  6. 4942(I)_Joyful gratitude and loving fidelity - Korea ASC

ASC Advent Retreat held in Daejeon By Mr Tomas Aquinas Lee, ASC Daejeon, Korea, 2 December 2018 -- The Association of Salesian Cooperators in Korea held its Advent Retreat with the theme “God, ASC and I (sub title: ‘For ...
    Date2018.12.07 CategoryASC Reply0 Views101 file
    Read More
  7. 4941_"We live in a global Congregation"

Missionary journey via Ireland to Australia-Pacific from Dalat: interview with Cl. Peter Anh Vu Nguyen, SDB By Our Own Correspondent Melbourne, Australia, 3 December 2018 -- Another new missionary has arrived in our Re...
    Date2018.12.06 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views60 file
    Read More
  8. 4940(II)_Wonderful sign of communion within the Salesian Family

Letter to the Don Bosco Volunteers Secular Institute, FMA Superior General By Sr Yvonne Reungoat. FMA Rome, Italy, 5 December 2018 Dear Olga, I wish to join in wishing you and every one of your sisters a joyous me...
    Date2018.12.05 CategoryFMA Reply2 Views94 file
    Read More
  9. 4940(I)_Cagliero11, a wonderful inspiration of the Spirit

By Fr Alfred Maravilla, SDB PGS Provincial RMG, Rome, 5 December 2018 -- When Fr Václav Klement was elected Councillor for the Missions in 2008, I was called to be a member of his team of collaborators. I remember that after th...
    Date2018.12.05 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views123 file
    Read More
  10. 4939(II)_St Francis Xavier Province celebrates its Patron Saint

Rectors Japan meet in Nakatsu, Kyushu island By Fr. Michael Lap, SDB Nakatsu, Japan, 3 December 2018 -- The Salesians of St Francis Xavier Province, Japan, met for their 3rd Rectors meeting during this year of 2018 in Na...
    Date2018.12.04 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views113 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 244 Next
/ 244