PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20180715_GIA.jpg

The Installation of the 14th Japan Province Superior,

Fr. Jacob Hamaguchi

By Mr. Chihiro Okawa, EXDB

Tokyo, Japan, 14 July 2018 -- The installation of the 14th Superior of the Japan Province,Fr. Jacob Hideaki Hamaguchi, SDB, took place during the Eucharist Adoration and Evening Prayer in Chofu Salesian Seminary (Chofu City, Tokyo) on the 14th July 2018. The New Provincial presided the Adoration participated by 70 Salesians and Salesian family members with the presence of Bishop Elect of Saitama, Fr Mario Yamanouchi, SDB. The whole Assembly offered their prayers for the future of the new Provincial and the whole Salesian family in Japan.

During the Installation was read the Message from Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB, our EAO Regional Councilor.

"On this memorable day, I'm sending gladly this message from Rome in order to express the communion with the Rector Major and the whole Congregation on this special occasion... Don Hamaguchi, from today on you are called to be a Father for all Salesian confreres, all Salesian family members, Lay Mission Partners and the Young... I am thankful for your faith and generosity, when you accepted the call of to the Rector Major, to take the challenging service of authority as provincial for the next six years..."

The new Provincial, Fr. Hamaguchi, greeted in his Good NIght Talk as follows:

"If I think about various things from the human point of view, I have to say No to accept the office of the Superior, but if it is the mission that God entrusted me in faith, in the fellowship with various people I believe that He will support me. There were about two times when I could die in my life so far. That's why I am acutely aware that my life is a Gift. Without God's help, I can not do anything. Please give me your continued support and prayers. Thank you very much for today."

Mary Help of Christians, and St. John Bosco, pray for us!

20180715_GIA1.jpg

20180715_GIA2.jpg

20180715_GIA3.jpg

20180715_GIA4.jpg

20180715_GIA5.jpg

20180715_GIA6.jpg

20180715_GIA7.jpg