AUL

4787(I)_Audio Divina, a podcast by Fr Frank Moloney reaches 5,000th listen!

by ceteratolle posted Jul 14, 2018
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20180714_AUL.jpg

Finding more volunteer readers for the weekly gospel readings

By Michael Gartland

Melbourne, Australia, 12 July 2018 -- With the recent publication of its 25th episode, Audio Divina has reached over 5,000 unique downloads across 47 countries, in just 5 months. Audio Divina is a weekly podcast that is inspired by Lectio Divina-styled prayer, featuring reflections provided by world-renowned scholar, Rev. Francis J. Moloney SDB AM.

“It [biblical education] is the heritage and my passion that I want to communicate, as best I can, to whoever is prepared to listen to me, said Rev. Moloney. “I am amazed that we are reaching out to so many people…and it is only made possible by the generous and expert support that my work receives.”

Each episode features two guest readers, who have kindly volunteered their time to provide the voice of the Gospel. Not only has this encouraged a Catholic-community feel about the production and publication of the podcast, it has also allowed it to be spread to peers and family members through social networks.

“Being apart of this huge movement of creating accessibility of faith and the teachings of the Gospel has been an incredible journey - I am so blessed to be apart of this Salesian initiative.” said Ms. Bridie Keily, a youth minister associated with St. Macartan's parish, Mornington.

Audio Divina was started with the intent aid its listeners in attaining what truly makes a sincere Christian; a thirst to walk the way Jesus walked and according to Ms. Keily it has been successful in facilitating this thirst within the context of the hustle and bustle of modern life.

“Pope Francis challenged us to give 2 minutes of our day to reading the gospel. Audio Divina allows me to reflect and listen to the gospel, with the help of Fr Frank, in profound and different ways. It’s so convenient to listen to on the train, in the car or on a walk - I recommend it to everyone who says they ‘don’t have time’ to be in the presence of God.”

The podcast begun on Ash Wednesday 2018 and has covered every Sunday since, as well as all the significant events of Holy Week in a blitz of extra episodes. It will eventually cover every Sunday reading over years A, B and C of the liturgical calendar, offering a fantastic resource to those who are studying, or simply hunger for the gift that comes from listening and understanding the Word of God.

Audio Divina continues to be available on iTunes, Spotify, Facebook and the Salesian website of the Australia-Pacific province, however it is also featured on the Melbourne Archbishop’s Office for Evangelization website and broadcast on radio by the Salesian College in Bengal, India.

www.salesians.org.au/info/audiodivina

20180714_AUL1.jpg