?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20180714_AUL.jpg

Finding more volunteer readers for the weekly gospel readings

By Michael Gartland

Melbourne, Australia, 12 July 2018 -- With the recent publication of its 25th episode, Audio Divina has reached over 5,000 unique downloads across 47 countries, in just 5 months. Audio Divina is a weekly podcast that is inspired by Lectio Divina-styled prayer, featuring reflections provided by world-renowned scholar, Rev. Francis J. Moloney SDB AM.

“It [biblical education] is the heritage and my passion that I want to communicate, as best I can, to whoever is prepared to listen to me, said Rev. Moloney. “I am amazed that we are reaching out to so many people…and it is only made possible by the generous and expert support that my work receives.”

Each episode features two guest readers, who have kindly volunteered their time to provide the voice of the Gospel. Not only has this encouraged a Catholic-community feel about the production and publication of the podcast, it has also allowed it to be spread to peers and family members through social networks.

“Being apart of this huge movement of creating accessibility of faith and the teachings of the Gospel has been an incredible journey - I am so blessed to be apart of this Salesian initiative.” said Ms. Bridie Keily, a youth minister associated with St. Macartan's parish, Mornington.

Audio Divina was started with the intent aid its listeners in attaining what truly makes a sincere Christian; a thirst to walk the way Jesus walked and according to Ms. Keily it has been successful in facilitating this thirst within the context of the hustle and bustle of modern life.

“Pope Francis challenged us to give 2 minutes of our day to reading the gospel. Audio Divina allows me to reflect and listen to the gospel, with the help of Fr Frank, in profound and different ways. It’s so convenient to listen to on the train, in the car or on a walk - I recommend it to everyone who says they ‘don’t have time’ to be in the presence of God.”

The podcast begun on Ash Wednesday 2018 and has covered every Sunday since, as well as all the significant events of Holy Week in a blitz of extra episodes. It will eventually cover every Sunday reading over years A, B and C of the liturgical calendar, offering a fantastic resource to those who are studying, or simply hunger for the gift that comes from listening and understanding the Word of God.

Audio Divina continues to be available on iTunes, Spotify, Facebook and the Salesian website of the Australia-Pacific province, however it is also featured on the Melbourne Archbishop’s Office for Evangelization website and broadcast on radio by the Salesian College in Bengal, India.

www.salesians.org.au/info/audiodivina

20180714_AUL1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4787(I)_Audio Divina, a podcast by Fr Frank Moloney reaches 5,000th listen!

Finding more volunteer readers for the weekly gospel readings By Michael Gartland Melbourne, Australia, 12 July 2018 -- With the recent publication of its 25th episode, Audio Divina has reached over 5,000 unique downloads across 47 countrie...
    Date2018.07.14 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1408 file
    Read More
  2. 4786(IV)_Common journey within the Church

SDB and FMA in the 2018 Synod dynamics By Our Own Correspondent Rome, Itlay, 12 July 2018 -- This time the regular semestral meeting of SDB & FMA General Councils was held at the FMA General House, Via dell'Ateneo Salesiano, 81 on July ...
    Date2018.07.13 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views959 file
    Read More
  3. 4786(III)_"Sorry, I chose to be a Salesian brother and I will not be ordained"

Vocation Story of Brother Raffy Besonia By Bro. Raffy Besonia Mati, the Philippines, 12 July 2018 -- When I was a young 7-year old boy, I already heard of the name ‘Don Bosco’. I got it from one of my uncles and aunts. My mother had three s...
    Date2018.07.13 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views2025 file
    Read More
  4. 4786(II)_Beyond our boarders

Genfest opened the hearts of young people By Fr. Marc Will Lim, SDB Pampanga, the Philippines, 8 July 2018 -- Genfest 2018 held in Manila, Philippines was a concrete experience of unity in diversity. Participants coming from different races...
    Date2018.07.13 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views876 file
    Read More
  5. 4786(I)_An Encounter and Celebration of 16 Cultures

PGS Province Day 2018 By Asp. Palep Bigiglen Port Moresby, PGS, 7 July 2018 -- The Vice-Province of Blessed Philip Rinaldi celebrated its second Province Day. The celebration had two parts: the first part was an enjoyable outing by the beac...
    Date2018.07.13 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1207 file
    Read More
  6. 4785(II)_A new Don Bosco Technical Vocational Education and Training Center (TVET) is born!

By Ryan Gonzales Pangasinan, the Philippines, 11 July 2018 -- The image of Mary Help of Christians set foot in the Philippines four decades prior to the Salesians through the gift of then Apostolic Delegate Archbishop Guglielmo Piani to Bis...
    Date2018.07.12 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views1283 file
    Read More
  7. 4785(I)_A Grace Filled Retreat - PGS 2018

By Fr. Moise Paluku, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 7 July 2018 -- 31 participants gathered for the Annual Retreat, 1st to 7th July, 2018, at the Emmaus Conference Centre, Port Moresby. The group was joined by six Salesian sisters. The Retreat dwel...
    Date2018.07.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1963 file
    Read More
  8. 4784(IV)_"He must increase, I must decrease." (John 3:30)

On the Way to Priesthood: 10 New Salesian Deacons By Cl. April Jerome Quinto, SDB Photos: John Villafania, Alexander Amora, and Pau Cervantes Parañaque City, the Philippines, 23 June 2018 -- The Most Reverend Bishop Jesse Mercado DD of the ...
    Date2018.07.11 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1305 file
    Read More
  9. 4784(III)_Youth serving Youth: Salesian Altar Boys in HK

Salesian Altar Boys team spirit building By Cl. Leo Leung, SDB Hong Kong, 8 July 2018 -- Salesian Altar Boys’ Day was celebrated at Salesian Missionary House, Shau Kei Wan, Hong Kong, on July 8, 2018. About 70 Salesian Altar Boys, comes fro...
    Date2018.07.11 CategoryCIN Reply1 Views1720 file
    Read More
  10. 4784(II)_A new missionary priest for one of the poorest missions in Latin America

Fr. Vincent Nguyen Quoc Bao, SDB Vietnamese missionary ordained in Paraguay By SC Office PAR Asunción, Paraguay, 7 July 2018 -- In the parish of Virgen del Carmen of Carmelo Peralta, the Salesian missionary from Vietnam, Vincent Nguyen Quoc...
    Date2018.07.11 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views877 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 536 Next
/ 536