Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20180416_ITM10.jpg

Silver Jubilee of the Youth Cross in Timor Leste

By Fr. Rolando Fernandez, SDB

Dili, Timor Leste, 15 April 2018 -- Coming April 18 we will celebrate the 25th Anniversary about the Pilgrimage of the YOUTH CROSS in Timor Leste since 1993. A small booklet of 52 pages prepared by Fr. Rolando Fernandez (ITM) tells the history of the Youth Cross given by Pope John Paul II to the Young of San Lorenzo Oratory in Rome on 22 April 1984, the history of the Youth Cross made by Fr. Noel Villafuerte and I and blessed by Bishop Belo at the end of the National Youth Congress in Baucau in 1993.

The second part of this publication contains many models of young disciples of Jesus who gave themselves to God and Christ, including the Salesian youth holiness models from St. Dominic Savio until our times, including those of the EAO region.

The Youth Cross is still going around East Timor and was an important figure during the celebration of the 500 years of Christianization of the nation. (The digital copy of the book is attached to this article).

PS: Fr. Rolando shares from the Philippines "I am still in the Zatti Clinic recuperating from angiosplasty. On Jan 11, 2018 my heart was working only 18%, last April 4 already 38% and the doctors gives me medicine and recommended exercise till better results. Please, pray for me recovery!"

20180416_ITM11.jpg