PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 862 Comment 0

20180320_ASC.jpg

First animation visit of a World Councilor to Timor Leste ASC

By Mr. Philip Yu, ASC
World Councilor ASC for the EAO Region

Dili, Timor Leste, 19 March 2018 -- My first visit to this country was well received by the local Coordinator (Manuel do Carmo da Silva) and his members of Dili Centre. What a wonderful experience! Especially with the surprise of Jimmy and Ernie joining me from Bali airport, double happiness indeed!

I had to confess for my reluctance to accept Fr. Klement’s invitation at the beginning… scare of speaking to so many EAO Provincials obviously. Anyway it’s God view having me in Dili! Also thanks to Manuel for his arrangement of encountering with the members from all three local centres of Timor Leste. Really thankful for this opportunity of direct dialog with so many members and surprised to the active response, many questions, interaction, etc. As a result, we overran 2 hours (was planned for only 1 hour gathering) so that we’re locked out of FMA guest house after all because everybody slept already!

Hope this encountering and trust that Holy Spirit through the messaging help all our members in Timor Leste prepare towards the 9th province in EAO with strong “bond of union” (PAL-Statutes, Art.37 §2) as well as autonomy in communion. (PAL-Regulations, Art.21 §1, Art.25)

Besides the encountering with the Salesian Cooperators, I found that the Past Pupils of Don Bosco of Timor Leste share the same passion of re-juvenating as us. I think the Salesian Youth is a common area that we may work together (with GEX) for a better future.

And the Jakarta Center reports another step on their journey:

Following the special encounter with Fr. Vaclav Klement SDB in Jakarta on 18 Feb 2018 and the visit to Dili Timor Leste by two members of the local council, Jimmy Wijaya (Coordinator) and Ernie Djohan (Secretary), in the first week of March to meet with Philip Yu (World Councilor for EAO), the ASC Jakarta Center had a spiritual recollection under the guidance of Fr. Benedictus Sunardjoko SDB (Fr. Djoko) on 17 March.

In the recollection, Fr. Djoko reinforced that the aim of the ASC is to bring together a few individuals, both lay and ecclesiastics, to accomplish good works that may redound to the greater Glory of God and an active charity.. they adopt all spiritual & material methods which may contribute to this purpose, without ever seeking material gain or worldly glory...

All 17 participants attended the recollection which was held at the SDB house in Sunter - Jakarta. Their spirit was once again fueled by the recollection, after being ignited earlier by the experience and activities shared from the Salesian Cooperators of Timor Leste. And now the Jakarta Salesian Cooperators are ready to take off with renewed strength and zeal.

Related article:

20180320_ASC1.jpg

20180320_ASC2.jpg

20180320_ASC3.jpg

20180320_ASC4.jpg

20180320_ASC5.jpg

20180320_ASC6.jpg

20180320_ASC7.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4677(II)_There is nothing wrong with me?

Invitation for the last few days of Lenten season By Fr. Petelo Vito Pa'u, SDB Delegate for the Pacific Suva, Fiji, 23 March 2018 -- A story is told of a man, who while driving a car met with a terrible accident. A few people soon gathered ...
    Date2018.03.23 CategoryPac. Reply1 Views1430 file
    Read More
  2. 4677(I)_House Chronicles, Small steps with a great effect

Chronicle shows how God was always our guide By Our Own Correspondent EAO, 22 March 2018 -- Every day one simple entry, seven times a week and 365 times every year. This is the daily life of our House Chronicles. In most of our communities ...
    Date2018.03.23 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views938 file
    Read More
  3. 4676_Quo Vadis, Salesian?

Personal Project of Life? By Our Own Correspondent EAO, 22 March 2018 -- Already in his letter for the first World Youth Day in 1986, Saint Pope John Paul II asked all the young people to make their own personal project of life, in order to...
    Date2018.03.22 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1099 file
    Read More
  4. 4675(III)_Archbishop Costelloe SDB appointed a President of the 2020 Australia Plenary Council

Australian Catholic Church to hold first Plenary Council in 80 years By Our Own Correspondent Perth, Australia, 20 March 2018 -- "Together, we are on a journey of listening to God by listening to one another. We invite all Australians to en...
    Date2018.03.21 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views964 file
    Read More
  5. 4675(II)_What do we learn in Paranaque formation house?

Interview with Deacon Paul Lee (KOR) By Our Own Correspondent Paranaque, the Philippines, 20 March 2018 -- Deacon Paul Lee is one of the large community of Seminaryo ng Don Bosco returning on March 26 to his native Korea province (KOR). His...
    Date2018.03.21 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views922 file
    Read More
  6. 4675(I)_Brother Zatti might become a Saint

Investigation of the presumed miracle through the intercession of Blessed Artemide Zatti By Our Own Correspondent Patagonia, Argentina, 15 March 2018 -- "Salesian Brother Artemide Zatti who lived for 49 years in Viedma (Patagonia - Argentin...
    Date2018.03.21 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1633 file
    Read More
  7. 4674(II)_Why do you become a Salesian Brother?

Novices HANG OUT with the Salesian Brothers of Indonesia By Fr. Andre Delimarta, SDB Tigaraksa, Indonesia, 19 March 2018 -- “Why do you become a (Salesian) Brother? The reason should be owned by YOU alone, or else you will not persevere wit...
    Date2018.03.20 CategoryINA Reply0 Views908 file
    Read More
  8. 4674(I)_Salesian Cooperators of ITM on the move

First animation visit of a World Councilor to Timor Leste ASC By Mr. Philip Yu, ASC World Councilor ASC for the EAO Region Dili, Timor Leste, 19 March 2018 -- My first visit to this country was well received by the local Coordinator (Manuel...
    Date2018.03.20 CategoryASC Reply0 Views862 file
    Read More
  9. 4673(II)_Silent Saint who Whispers the Gospel

St. Joseph - Carpenter of Nazareth - model of initial proclamation By Our Own Correspondent EAO, 19 March 2018 -- Every day we pray during the (second) Eucharistic Prayer that 'with Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, with blessed Joseph, h...
    Date2018.03.19 CategoryEAO Reply1 Views963 file
    Read More
  10. 4673(I)_Do you treasure your Salesian roots?

Before the 2019 EAO Salesian History Seminar By Fr. Nestor Impelido, SDB EAO - ACSSA Coordinator EAO, 19 March 2018 -- From 2004 on are held regular EAO Salesian Historians Seminars. Who is invited for this 2019 Seminar? For the 2019 EAO Se...
    Date2018.03.19 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views835 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 533 Next
/ 533