Interview with Brother Adriano de Jesus
Dili, Timor Leste, 9 March 2018 --
What makes you happy as Salesian brother?
I am so happy to be part of the Salesian as I live my unique Salesian brother vocations.
Through my daily life and works by serving the young people, whenever I serve others or work for the young people I am always happy. I believe that through my work and daily prayers will bring me closer to God as he is the center of my Life.
Who is your Salesian Brother model?
When i was junior high school my first encounter with a person who is not a priest but living together in a community, working hard and when is not working he is praying rosary, teaching catechism and whenever he teaches he makes everybody happy by his excellent talent. He was Brother Jose Ribeiro. My Salesian brother vocation became stronger when I witness the life of Bro Jose Kusy and Bro Carlos Gamba in Fatumaca for many years.
What is the specific contribution of the Salesian Brother to our charism?
As what I understand is that the Salesian brother mission is based on their specialization. In this way a Brother can give more priority to his works - like teaching in the school, oratory, youth center or other pastoral works. The Salesian brother must work for the congregation and the community.
How to make the vocation of the Salesian Brother more visible in the Church (or the Salesian family) of Timor Leste?
- Give the Salesian brother a suitable formations both religious formation’s and specializations
- The presence of the Salesian Brother in the formations houses is important.
- Prepare a Salesian Brother formator for the future.
What does sustain your vocation Fidelity and energy to follow Jesus?
First of all I love my vocation as I see Jesus is the center of my life through my daily prayer. Secondly devotion to the blessed mother. Third the community life where I got support from my Salesian brothers. Lastly frequent dialog with God and people.
Any expectations for the path towards the 2018 EAO Salesian Brother Congress in Vietnam?
- Let the Salesian brother be aware about the important role of the religious consecrated person in the Salesian congregation.
- Let all the Salesians specially the superiors be aware about the importance of the EAO Salesian Brother Congress.
- If its possible let all the Salesian brothers in EAO Region participate this Congress. I believe that through this congress the Salesian brothers will strengthen each other by sharing their living experience as Salesian Brother.