Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1309 Comment 0

20170915_WOR.jpg

The 148th Salesian Missionary Expedition is coming

By Cl. Anthony Lo Po Tak, SDB

Turin, Itlay, 15 September -- Among the 22 Salesians - members of the 148th missionary expedition is also one Chinese Salesian from Hong Kong. His destination is 'Project Europe' - Great Britain Province (GBR). Cl. Anthony share his experience after two weeks of the new missionary course.

Immediately after my perpetual profession in Hong Kong last 16 August 2017, I prepared for my journey to Rome for the course for missionaries ad gentes. I am part of 148th Salesian Missionary expedition. I feel truly blessed! I thank God for calling me to be a missionary and for making me as one of His instruments to proclaim the good news—sharing His love and joy to those who have not yet known Him, most especially the young people.

As I go on with our missionary course, I realize all the more how amazing this Salesian Missionary vocation is! We are all from different continents, different countries, and with different culture-background and languages. The fact that we are all different does not prevent us to gather together as a family. There is marked closeness to each other. I believe this is because of the love of God. We were all called by Him to be Salesians. We are living the same vocation in different beautiful ways or styles.

Last two years, I had a chance to spent my practical training in West Africa (AFW Province: Ghana-Nigeria-Sierra Leone-Liberia) to experience missionary life. I realized how blessed are the missionaries because God is always with them, and He grants them abundant graces, He accompanies them on their missionary vocation journey. Surely, I had encounter a lot of difficulties and challenges which I have not experienced before but I felt that God was always with me. His presence gave me strength and courage to overcome the trials along the way. As our Salesian priest, missionary - protomartyr, Saint Calistus Caravario said, “without the grace of God, I cannot do anything; and what I have done is done by God.”

We are now half-way in this month-long missionary course. Through the formation given by experienced missionaries and their sharing about cultures, inculturation, missiology, etc., I am equipped to become a Salesian missionary. Aside from the discussions and sharing, we also have pilgrimages to Holy Places in Rome such as the Basilicas of St. Peter and St. Paul. These where were the historical places where they proclaimed the Gospel, buried or killed.

The pilgrimage allowed me to have a deeper personal reflections on their lives as great followers of Jesus. I gained insight on how they offered their lives for His Kingdom and the salvation of all people. They are really the great models for missionaries. I learned a lot from them. This particular verse in Saint Paul’s letter to the Romans comes to me as an encouragement and inspiration, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” (Romans 10:15).

As Salesian Missionaries, we also need to heighten our missionary enthusiasm and determination. We visited the places that are dear to Don Bosco (from his childhood to his death) to understand more about his missionary motivation and spirit. I enjoy so much the sharing sessions we have everyday. With faith and humility, we are learning from each other, and we are growing in faith together in the presence of God. The Word of God inspires us and disposes us to meditate on the missionary life. Its truly a wonderful experience to be part of and live as a community with this beautiful 148th missionary expedition. The love of God is the greatest key for such closeness and encounter. As a missionary, I deeply realized that I am not going to the new culture, new country to changes, transform or convert them. I am just a human being a mere instrument. It is only God who can transform and convert them. The most important thing for the missionary to do is to let the people experience His Love and guide them towards a closer relationship with God… to make Him known. But before that, I, myself, must have this beautiful experience with God, so that I will be able to accompany them in their own journey towards finding Him in their lives.

The 148th expedition of Salesian Missionaries will be receiving the missionary cross from the hands of the 10th successor of Don Bosco on 24th September in the Mary Help of Christians Basilica. From there, each and everyone of us will go to our destinations to proclaim His Good news to the world.

I will be sent to United Kingdom (GBR province), as a missionary for Project Europe. We need more prayers to strengthen and support us, please pray for us that we may be holy and strong missionaries.

Related article:

20170915_WOR2.jpg

20170915_WOR1.jpg

20170915_WOR3.jpg

20170915_WOR4.jpg

20170915_WOR5.jpg

20170915_WOR6.jpg

20170915_WOR7.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4497(I)_Classes for migrant children and orphans

By Fr. Jos. Trung Hoàn, SDB Bet Cat, Viet Nam, 16 September 2017 -- Today, different classes for migrant children and orphans in Don Bosco Ben Cat, Viet Nam official begun. From the early morning, fr. Jos. Nguyen Trung Hoan, SDB the Salesia...
    Date2017.09.17 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views980 file
    Read More
  2. 4496(II)_God is always with his missionaries

The 148th Salesian Missionary Expedition is coming By Cl. Anthony Lo Po Tak, SDB Turin, Itlay, 15 September -- Among the 22 Salesians - members of the 148th missionary expedition is also one Chinese Salesian from Hong Kong. His destination ...
    Date2017.09.15 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1309 file
    Read More
  3. 4496(I)_"I was attracted by Blessed Artemide Zatti"

Interview in preparation of EAO Brother's Congress 2018 (IV) By Bro. Bernard Mikoli, SDB Indonesia, 14 September 2017 -- "I'm happy Salesian Brother" What makes you happy or joyful as a Salesian Brother? When I entered the Salesian communit...
    Date2017.09.15 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1058 file
    Read More
  4. 4495_"To my dear Salesian SDB confreres in the world and my dear Salesian Family in the world"

Rector Major's communication on the Fr. Thomas Uzhunnalil By Fr. Angel Artime, SDB RMG, 13 September 2017 -- My dear brothers and sisters, My affectionate greetings to you all on this very special day for us all. A few hours ago, yesterday ...
    Date2017.09.14 CategoryRMG Reply1 Views1216 file
    Read More
  5. 4494(III)_Listening to the young people - important mission for the youth in Korea

Youth Counselling & Welfare center in Chuncheon: 1388 channel open 24 hrs By Bro. Mark Choi, SDB Chuncheon, Korea, 13 September 2017 -- Within the fast changing and ageing society of South Korea one of the youth main needs is without do...
    Date2017.09.13 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1043 file
    Read More
  6. 4494(II)_Celebrating the Feast of Mother Mary

Hong Kong - South Asia Migrant Ministry By Fr. Dolphie Casimir Sequeira, SDB Hong Kong -- Last September 10 we had the group of 90 people who are adult Migrants gather at St Louis School (Hong Kong) to celebrate the Birthday of Mother Mary ...
    Date2017.09.13 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views834 file
    Read More
  7. 4494(I)_Don Bosco Past Pupils in Laos receive first animation visit

By Mr. Alberto Sequeira Alves Piedade, GEX Vientiane, Laos, 1 September 2017 -- After the visit to Thailand, Mr. Angel Gudiña (World Vice-President of GEX) and Mr. Alberto Piedade (Councilor of GEX for Asia) traveled to Vientiane through th...
    Date2017.09.13 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views1148 file
    Read More
  8. 4493(II)_We are family!

Salesian Youth Day 2017 in Samoa with great joy By Cl. Kevin Fiame, SDB Apia, Samoa, 9 September 2017 -- The theme of this year’s gathering was taken from the 2017 strenna, We are Family Every home is a school of life and love. The Sambosco...
    Date2017.09.11 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views678 file
    Read More
  9. 4493(I)_Training Course for Thai Federation of Past Pupils

By Mr. Angel Gudiña, GEX Bangkok, Thailand, 31 August 2017 -- From 30th to 31st August, it was held in THA Provincial House a training course led by Mr. Alberto Alves Piedade, Councilor GEX for Asia and Mr. Angel Gudiña, Vicepresident GEX o...
    Date2017.09.11 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views666 file
    Read More
  10. 4492_The Saint John Bosco Pastoral Project in Fiji has begun

By Cl. Sinapati Ioane, SDB Suva, Fiji, 7 September 2017 -- At last! The long awaited work of clearing the land for our new Salesian pastoral centre in Fiji began on 7 September 2017, Constitution Day (a public holiday). Fr. Paselio Tevaga (...
    Date2017.09.10 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views1162 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 533 Next
/ 533