Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 2033 Comment 0

20160312_FIN.jpg

By Fr. Joriz Foz Calsa, SDB
Provincial Youth Ministry Delegate

Batulao, Philippines, March 11, 2016 - I was graced substituting our FIS provincial superior, Fr. Godofredo Atienza, to substitute him in the EAO Provincial meeting from March 9-11, 2016. It was a sort of sacrifice for the fact that I was out of my province while the Rector Major happily hops in and out of the different community and most especially intimately talking to the Salesians which I hope to hear even through audio recording.

But I was not at all a loser in way because who among us would also have a unique experience being with the EAO provincials? It was days of blessing, camaraderie and fraternal encounter, and of course a vocation and passion booster.

I know that these provincials are fully loaded with concerns and responsibilities and seeing them happy, optimistic, and sharing stories of the primacy of God in their life makes me really appreciate the grace which God gives to people who govern and animate our communities. God chose and God equips.

The provincials were one in sharing during a short evaluation facilitated by Fr. Klement Vaclav that the very fruit of this encounter comes from the very encounter with the Rector Major, Fr. Angel Artime Fernandez, SDB, who gave them clear and direct guidelines, and of course the reports given by the different departments on Youth Ministry, Social Communications, Missionary Animation, and Formation which emphasized on synergy. On a lighter tone, everyone will also never forget the trip to Taal Volcano and that great experience of horseback riding (poor young horses!).

But on a personal note, I was really impressed with the process of active listening our superiors are doing. Gone where the days of imposing their ideas to the provinces; this time, it is so obvious, that our superiors are very interested with what we are doing, what are initiatives are, and guiding us in a clear way our future direction. Likewise, LISTENING was very much stressed when it comes to dealing with confreres and our Lay Mission Partners.

My days with the provincials and our general councilors in Batulao are indeed days of grace and immediate preparation for an additional task given to me by the Lord through my provincial. All for the greater glory of God!

20160312_FIN1.jpg

20160312_FIN2.jpg

20160312_FIN3.jpg

20160312_FIN4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 3942_Impact of the Rector Major’s visit 2016

By Fr. Roel Soto and Cambodia Delegation confreres Phnom Penh, Cambodia, March 16, 2016 - Ten days after the departure of Fr. Angel from the Phnom Penh airport, the Cambodia delegation confreres are sharing their feelings, impressions and i...
    Date2016.03.16 CategoryCamb. Reply1 Views1018 file
    Read More
  2. 3941_Renewal of Vows in Parañaque

By Cl. Jerome Quinto, SDB Parañaque City, Philippines - 14 March 2015, Six confreres renewed their vows of chastity, poverty and obedience in the Chapel of Seminaryo ng Don Bosco. After the homily, the communities of clerics and lay brother...
    Date2016.03.15 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views1011 file
    Read More
  3. 3940_Growing together in the service: MYM and KOR province

By Fr. Charles Saw, SDB (MYM) Photo by Fr. John Jeon, SDB (KOR) Anisakan, Myanmar - The 29th Expedition of the Korean Salesian Youth Volunteers was realized for the first time in Myanmar. During February 5-16, 2016 a wonderful volunteer ser...
    Date2016.03.14 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views903 file
    Read More
  4. 3939(II)_The Outstanding Cebu City Youth Leader 2016 Winner!

By Fr. Joriz Foz Calsa, SDB Provincial Youth Ministry Delegate Cebu, Philippines, March 12, 2016 - SDB FIS and the Archdiocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes and the whole Salesian South province are rejoicing when MR. EDUARDO D. EMPELIS, J...
    Date2016.03.13 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1495 file
    Read More
  5. 3939(I)_Salesian Brothers gather to celebrate the gift of vocation

By Bro. Jomar Castillo, SDB Canlubang, Philippines, March 12, 2016 - The Salesian Brothers residing in the Philippine North Province (FIN) gather for common formation and fellowship at the Don Bosco Postnovitiate in Canlubang, Laguna on 12 ...
    Date2016.03.12 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1439 file
    Read More
  6. 3938(II)_The moment most cherished (RM in EAO_20)

By Mrs. Luzviminda Los Bañes At the earlier part of January 2016, it was announced to us that the Rector Major will come to the Philippines. His visits will include Don Bosco Boys Home in Cotcot, Liloan. The date posted was March 10-11, 201...
    Date2016.03.12 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1423 file
    Read More
  7. 3938(I)_A sharing: Days with the EAO Provincial

By Fr. Joriz Foz Calsa, SDB Provincial Youth Ministry Delegate Batulao, Philippines, March 11, 2016 - I was graced substituting our FIS provincial superior, Fr. Godofredo Atienza, to substitute him in the EAO Provincial meeting from March 9...
    Date2016.03.12 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views2033 file
    Read More
  8. 3937(II)_2016, A great year for the Cagliero Project

By Lauren Hichaaba and Romina Martiniello Melbourne, Australia, March 11, 2016 - We at the Cagliero Project are incredibly excited to have a wonderful group of volunteers who departed earlier in the year. Included in our volunteers this yea...
    Date2016.03.11 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views1117 file
    Read More
  9. 3937(I)_11 new Salesians Cooperators in Taiwan

By Br. Savio Wong, SDB Delegate to the Salesian Cooperators CIN Tainan, Taiwan, March 5, 2016 - The Salesian Family of Taiwan is thankful to the Lord and joyful for the birth of 11 new Salesians Cooperators who have made their promise durin...
    Date2016.03.11 CategoryASC Reply0 Views963 file
    Read More
  10. 3936_"We go to places which nobody wants to go." (RM in EAO_19)

By Nov. Reynaldo Durango Jr. Cebu, Philippines, March 10, 2016 – The 2nd day of the Rector Major’s visit in the South Province was first spent in Don Bosco Formation Center, in Lawaan, Talisay. Having shared breakfast with the Salesian Comm...
    Date2016.03.11 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1354 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 ... 533 Next
/ 533