Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20180531_CIN.jpg

Interview with Bro. Paul de Tamauwlul, 

first Salesian Brother from Taiwan

By Our Own Correspondent

Tainan, Taiwan, 31 May 2018 -- As the first Salesian Brother from Taiwan, who is your Salesian Brother model?

Every Salesian brother whom I meet is my model. Everyone has different character in presenting their way to the young and focusing what they serve. That's great!

You are about to finish the practical training, now in the Salesian Technical School in Taian. What did you learn during the practical training?

I learnt not to give until last moment. Sometimes things go wrong (not only from work but also some personal issue), then I try to be a little patient. A then, little by little bring your confidence to face the different result (good or not so good) together with prayer and action.

How to make the vocation of Salesian Brother more visible in the Church and Salesian Family of Taiwan?

Beside the sacrament, let the Salesian brother to doing anything positive for the young. Sometimes - I journey with the young people when we join the diocese youth activity, the parish program, the school gathering or join the class in our technical school. Maybe I will accompany one day also the Salesian family members and activity.

How can we contribute to the Salesian Vocation promotion?

Exchange program between different mission lands for the Salesian Brother could be a good idea. Maybe in one place we cannot see how the Salesian brother spirit works. Through this exchange we may support our idea or renew our mind and learn new thing, also be encouraged when we get in touch with different Salesian cultures in other countries.

What does sustain your vocation?

Merciful love from the Jesus and the comfort from Mary. Not all the times I'm in good situation, but I still remember to go to the chapel to refresh myself again.

Related article

20180531_CIN1.jpg

20180531_CIN2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4743(II)_Discernment - sharing and prayer

Consultation for the new provincial of China province By Our Own Correspondent Hong Kong-Macau-Tainan, 31 May 2018 -- Between May 24 and May 31 was conducted the consultation for the new provincial of China province (Hong Kong - Macau - Tai...
    Date2018.06.01 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1325 file
    Read More
  2. 4742(III)_Before reaching the Sandor community in Paranaque

Interview with Bro. Paul de Tamauwlul, first Salesian Brother from Taiwan By Our Own Correspondent Tainan, Taiwan, 31 May 2018 -- As the first Salesian Brother from Taiwan, who is your Salesian Brother model? Every Salesian brother whom I m...
    Date2018.05.31 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views920 file
    Read More
  3. 4739(II)_Whom do we pray for on May 24?

World day of prayers for China Catholic community By Our Own Correspondent Hong Kong, 24 May 2018 -- Since the Letter of Pope Benedict XVI to the Catholics of China (2007) for past 11 years the Universal Church set up May 24, Feast of Mary ...
    Date2018.05.28 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1343 file
    Read More
  4. 4695_Young people have to learn "doing good"

Seminar of Youth Ministry with Fr. Fabio Attard By Miss Phyllis Tang Salesian Youth Ministry Coordinator Hong Kong, 6 April 2018 -- The China Province has organized a three-day seminar, from 4th to 6th April, on Salesian Youth Ministry in t...
    Date2018.04.11 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1446 file
    Read More
  5. 4660(I)_Salesian Youth: The Commitment to Our Family

By Ms Phyllis Tang Hong Kong, 3 March 2018 -- Salesian Youth Day 2018 was held on 3 March in Daughters of Mary Help of Christians Siu Ming Catholic Secondary School. Almost 500 young people, with Salesians, Salesian sisters and members of S...
    Date2018.03.06 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views2761 file
    Read More
  6. 4656(I)_Salesian Provincial Day CIN

By Fr. Carlos Cheung, SDB Hong Kong, 22 February 2018 -- To celebrate the Lunar New Year in the Year of the Dog, Salesians in the China Province came together at Aberdeen Technical School (ATS) in Hong Kong for the wonderful annual gatherin...
    Date2018.03.02 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1482 file
    Read More
  7. 4651(II)_How to fire up the missionary zeal?

For the first time CIN celebrates the Salesian Mission Feast By Fr. Andrew Fung, SDB Hong Kong -- On the 25th February we remember our two proto martyrs. It’s a good moment to share and reflect on what we have been doing regarding the Missi...
    Date2018.02.25 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1007 file
    Read More
  8. 4638(III)_Salesian Youth welcomed to Asia Taize 2018

Asia Taize meeting on August 8-12 By Fr. Antonio Leung, SDB CIN Delegate for the YM Hong Kong, 10 February 2018 -- "We would like to inform you that we are going to have a Salesian Youth Gathering in August after the International Taize Con...
    Date2018.02.11 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1130 file
    Read More
  9. 4609(III)_Church does listen to the young - Hong Kong

Hong Kong Diocese started the Year of Youth 2018 From the Advent Message Rev. Michael Yeung - Bishop of Hong Kong Hong Kong, 12 January 2018 -- "In this season of expectant hope, it is also right and fitting that I should, once again, stres...
    Date2018.01.13 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views845 file
    Read More
  10. 4605(II)_Do you know the first EAO Salesian?

First local Salesian in the EAO Region: Bro. Simone Tse Ping Yuen (1902-1926) By Fr. Lanfranco Fedrigotti, SDB Hong Kong, 9 January 2018 -- In the Necrology of the China Province (1902-1986) edited by Fr. Rassiga we can read the short and m...
    Date2018.01.09 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1380 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24 Next
/ 24