PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 845 Comment 0

20180113_CIN.jpg

Hong Kong Diocese started the Year of Youth 2018

From the Advent Message
Rev. Michael Yeung - Bishop of Hong Kong

Hong Kong, 12 January 2018 -- "In this season of expectant hope, it is also right and fitting that I should, once again, stress the importance of continuing, with renewed faith and love my engagement and dialogue with our young people. You, the young people, are our hope! I recall the words of St. Paul to the young Timothy: “Let no one look down on your youthfulness…” (1 Timothy 4:12). To all our youth.. I have been meeting since last August, I say from the bottom of my heart: Thank you!

Thank you for your initiative and your enthusiastic, courageous and creative response to the call of the Church in so many different ways.

I humbly pray that the Lord will give me “a listening heart” (1 Kings 3:9).

You have given me much to listen to and food for thought. The following are just a few examples of what you have told me so frankly:

• You long for a Church which is more outreaching;

• You desire more transparency in Church affairs;

• You ask for a greater and more active participation, as well as platforms for dialogue, training and in caring for the poor and the needy;

• You want the Diocese to follow up on World Youth Day or Asian Youth Day, lest such events as these just become fireworks in the sky or a flash in a pan;

• You need more caring support and accompaniment and thirst for continuing catechesis, spiritual formation and capacity-building;

• You want the Church to tap and make available more resources;

• You want in particular a Special Sunday Collection every year to be earmarked and used for youth ministry;

• You want the Diocese to improve its audio-visual work and make better use of digital contacts to reach out to youth in this digital age.

Let me say here at once that personally I agree with you. I shall, with God’s help and yours, in consultation and with the cooperation of all... make every effort to achieve what you have suggested.

In line with the Pope Francis’ exhortation and in order to complement the 2018 Synod on Young People, Faith and Vocational Discernment, the Diocese has decided, and I hereby declare that 2018 shall be for the Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong the Year of Youth. ... May God bless you all and your loved ones!

Prayer for the Year of Youth 2018

Almighty and merciful Father,

bless our young people's

o that they may grow in your love,

be able to distinguish between good and evil,

hold fast to the truth,

and have the courage to take responsibility and

the readiness to share.

Sustain them in their difficulties, and

in their doubts and uncertainties,

accompany them and bring them your comfort.

Lord, we ask you to help young people to respond

to the particular calling that you have for each one of them.

May they shine forth in the world as Christians

and achieve a life which is fulfilling.

We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

(Composed by Bishop Joseph Ha, OFM – Auxiliary Bishop of Hong Kong)

Full text of the Hong Kong Declaration of the 2018 as Year of the Young

20180113_CIN1.jpg

20180113_CIN2.jpg

20180113_CIN3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4743(II)_Discernment - sharing and prayer

Consultation for the new provincial of China province By Our Own Correspondent Hong Kong-Macau-Tainan, 31 May 2018 -- Between May 24 and May 31 was conducted the consultation for the new provincial of China province (Hong Kong - Macau - Tai...
    Date2018.06.01 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1325 file
    Read More
  2. 4742(III)_Before reaching the Sandor community in Paranaque

Interview with Bro. Paul de Tamauwlul, first Salesian Brother from Taiwan By Our Own Correspondent Tainan, Taiwan, 31 May 2018 -- As the first Salesian Brother from Taiwan, who is your Salesian Brother model? Every Salesian brother whom I m...
    Date2018.05.31 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views920 file
    Read More
  3. 4739(II)_Whom do we pray for on May 24?

World day of prayers for China Catholic community By Our Own Correspondent Hong Kong, 24 May 2018 -- Since the Letter of Pope Benedict XVI to the Catholics of China (2007) for past 11 years the Universal Church set up May 24, Feast of Mary ...
    Date2018.05.28 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1343 file
    Read More
  4. 4695_Young people have to learn "doing good"

Seminar of Youth Ministry with Fr. Fabio Attard By Miss Phyllis Tang Salesian Youth Ministry Coordinator Hong Kong, 6 April 2018 -- The China Province has organized a three-day seminar, from 4th to 6th April, on Salesian Youth Ministry in t...
    Date2018.04.11 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1446 file
    Read More
  5. 4660(I)_Salesian Youth: The Commitment to Our Family

By Ms Phyllis Tang Hong Kong, 3 March 2018 -- Salesian Youth Day 2018 was held on 3 March in Daughters of Mary Help of Christians Siu Ming Catholic Secondary School. Almost 500 young people, with Salesians, Salesian sisters and members of S...
    Date2018.03.06 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views2761 file
    Read More
  6. 4656(I)_Salesian Provincial Day CIN

By Fr. Carlos Cheung, SDB Hong Kong, 22 February 2018 -- To celebrate the Lunar New Year in the Year of the Dog, Salesians in the China Province came together at Aberdeen Technical School (ATS) in Hong Kong for the wonderful annual gatherin...
    Date2018.03.02 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1482 file
    Read More
  7. 4651(II)_How to fire up the missionary zeal?

For the first time CIN celebrates the Salesian Mission Feast By Fr. Andrew Fung, SDB Hong Kong -- On the 25th February we remember our two proto martyrs. It’s a good moment to share and reflect on what we have been doing regarding the Missi...
    Date2018.02.25 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1007 file
    Read More
  8. 4638(III)_Salesian Youth welcomed to Asia Taize 2018

Asia Taize meeting on August 8-12 By Fr. Antonio Leung, SDB CIN Delegate for the YM Hong Kong, 10 February 2018 -- "We would like to inform you that we are going to have a Salesian Youth Gathering in August after the International Taize Con...
    Date2018.02.11 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1130 file
    Read More
  9. 4609(III)_Church does listen to the young - Hong Kong

Hong Kong Diocese started the Year of Youth 2018 From the Advent Message Rev. Michael Yeung - Bishop of Hong Kong Hong Kong, 12 January 2018 -- "In this season of expectant hope, it is also right and fitting that I should, once again, stres...
    Date2018.01.13 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views845 file
    Read More
  10. 4605(II)_Do you know the first EAO Salesian?

First local Salesian in the EAO Region: Bro. Simone Tse Ping Yuen (1902-1926) By Fr. Lanfranco Fedrigotti, SDB Hong Kong, 9 January 2018 -- In the Necrology of the China Province (1902-1986) edited by Fr. Rassiga we can read the short and m...
    Date2018.01.09 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1380 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24 Next
/ 24