?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20171128_CIN.jpg

Growing stronger with a joyful heart

By Br. Paul Giligiljaw Tamauwlul, SDB

Taiwan, 27 November 2017 -- Br. Paul was born in Pintong (South Taiwan) in a good traditional Christian - Catholic family. Both mother and father come from the first Catholic families baptized about 160 years ago. His grand - grandmother was among the first baptized Catholics in Taiwan, from the Kazazaljan tribe. A wonderful synergy of family and tribe dynamics is at the root of his Catholic faith. As young student Paul spent 6 years in the Salesian Boys Town in Chau Chow (Taiwan) and recently one year as practical trainee. During this school year Br. Paul is among the three practical trainees in Tainan Salesian Technical School. He is also learning some technical skills like motorcycle and car repair.

What makes you happy as Salesian Brother?

For me as Salesian Brother I feel happy, when I make somebody happy in his own situation or when some good work is going smooth. Another experience of joy happens when I meet superior, who comes to see me. I trust him and we meet in a very positive manner.

Who is your Salesian Brother model?

For me one of the Salesian Brother models is Br. Paul Li. He is humble, organized and easy accessible for talk and sharing. When I was living in the Hong Kong formation house, we spent always some time chatting and sharing our life. He was always close to me.

What is the specific contribution of the Salesian Brother to our mission & community?

The contribution of Salesian Brother is not happening through the sacraments. Like in the parish youth ministry, I’m happy to prepare the Christmas Cribs (Manger) with the youth or help them in the musical practice. Our lay faithful are talking: ‘Oh, our brother brings our young to the manger making!’ It makes the Salesian brother more visible. Meanwhile in the SDB community I help our economer in the kitchen, support our cook lady, prepare the community Mass or play guitar during the recollection.

How to make the vocation of Salesian Brother more visible in the Church?

Our youth ministry, involvement with some youth group in the parish or school makes us visible. This direct contact foster more direct knowledge about lay consecrated Salesian. When I made the vocation choice as Salesian Brother, I sent my message to one young prenovices who later have chosen to become a Brother. Can you call it a coincidence? Indeed our presence in the world of the young Catholics makes the Brother more visible.

How can the Salesian priest contribute to the Salesian Brother Vocation promotion?

There was one Salesian Brother, who was for me a good example – like Br. Cheung in Hong Kong. The priest can introduce these good examples of Salesian Brothers to the wider public as parish priest, principal or superior in many occasions. They have more opportunity to speak out.

What does sustain your Salesian vocation?

I growth stronger when I’m working with a joyful heart. When I focus and live happy my mission, I’m giving good example of Salesian – servant to the Young. I’m convinced that Holy Family spirituality is a model for Salesian Brother. Salesian Brothers are praying always the Rosary like St. Joseph. Although they are silent like St. Joseph, they witness with their joyful life.

My vocation is growing slowly when I learn how to relate to the young in Don Bosco’ Way in the parish, through personal relationship with the young.

As practical trainee - animator of the Catholic Youth Group?

Our eight members of Catholic Youth Group are facing the challenge to be Catholics inside the Catholic school of 1200 students. We gather in eight person, but only three are coming together regularly. Slowly with playing music are coming together. We share face to face, about their parish, family and their faith. I can discover about their shallow Catholic life, that needs deeper roots. So I share with them my faith experience.

Any expectations, suggestion for the path towards the 2018 Salesian Brothers Congress?

Why do have Congress of Salesian Brothers? In order to confirm the Salesian Brother vocation and its meaning, to reshape the idea. For me it would be the first time. We can exchange our idea, built many new relationships. For example, we never had Salesian Brother as preacher at our annual retreat and there are many good Brother, who can help us to enrich. To help each other.

Two years ago I attended the provincial Brothers meeting. I felt it was it was too light. It was about personal experience sharing, lunch and mutual bonding. I would prefer to share more deeply, especially learn from the past times difficulties. We were told, before there was a wonderful Salesian Brother experience in the province, but now we can’t experience it. I would expect to share, how can we sustain now our Salesian Brother vocation.

20171128_CIN1.jpg

20171128_CIN2.jpg

20171128_CIN3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4593(II)_Convener of Salesian Priest Day

Salesian Priest Gathering in China province By Fr. Carlos Cheung, SDB Hong Kong, 28 December, 2017 -- Reflecting on the successful experience of the “Salesian Brother Day” in the past years, the members of the Ongoing Formation Meeting sugg...
    Date2017.12.29 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1095 file
    Read More
  2. 4591(I)_Christmas in Hong Kong - South Asia Migrant community

By Fr. Dolphie Sequiera Hong Kong, 25 December 2017 -- Christmas is a very beautiful occasion for St Louis Catholic community and to all involved. On the Christmas Solemnity Day we prayed that Peace May reign in all countries and Jesus may ...
    Date2017.12.26 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views680 file
    Read More
  3. 4576_Sharing wisdom of 57 years of Salesian religious life

Interview with Br. Dominic Savio Wong: in view of the EAO Salesian Brother Congress 2018 By Our Own Correspondent Tainan, Taiwan, 8 December 2017 -- Br. Savio Wong is one among the senior Salesian Brothers of China province (82 years). His ...
    Date2017.12.08 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1076 file
    Read More
  4. 4572_With Don Bosco Lay Mission Partners

Journey of China province towards the future By Our Own Correspondent Hong Kong, 3 December 2017 -- One week long animation visit of the three territories of China province - Macau, Hong Kong and Taiwan (November 26-December 3) offered a de...
    Date2017.12.04 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views871 file
    Read More
  5. 4571_Salesian Family Growing in Communion: We need each other!

Macau Salesian Family journey together By Fr. Joseph CHOW Pak Fai, SDB Macau, 2 December 2017 -- Every year the six groups of the Salesian Family present in Macau gather together to celebrate, to pray, to share and to enjoy meal together. T...
    Date2017.12.04 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views633 file
    Read More
  6. 4568(II)_Best practice from Macau

International Congress YM and Family - Madrid By Fr. Savio Yeung, SDB Madrid, Spain, 28 November 2017 -- The International Congress organized by the SDB Youth Ministry Sector in Madrid, Spain (November 27-Dec 1) is already in full swing hea...
    Date2017.11.30 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1051 file
    Read More
  7. 4567(II)_Salesian Technical School is shining at national level

The only Salesian school in Taiwan is shining By Fr. Mathew Tri, SDB Tainan, Taiwan, 28 November 2017 -- For the first time in history the only Salesian school in Taiwan (Republic of China) has three local Salesians as community members. Am...
    Date2017.11.29 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1099 file
    Read More
  8. 4566(V)_The presence in the world of Catholic Youth makes us more visible

Growing stronger with a joyful heart By Br. Paul Giligiljaw Tamauwlul, SDB Taiwan, 27 November 2017 -- Br. Paul was born in Pintong (South Taiwan) in a good traditional Christian - Catholic family. Both mother and father come from the first...
    Date2017.11.28 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views873 file
    Read More
  9. 4549(I)_Formation Day on Vocation Animation

Workshop on Vocation culture - Hong Kong and Macau By Fr. Carlos Cheung, SDB Hong Kong, 4 November 2017 -- In commemoration of St. Charles Borromeo, the patron saint of catechists and seminarians, the Formation Day on Vocation Animation in ...
    Date2017.11.12 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views2124 file
    Read More
  10. 4548(I)_Thank you Don Nicosia!

We learn from the zeal and simplicity of Fr. Nicosia By Fr. Carlos Cheung, SDB Hong Kong, 9 November 2017 -- My very first impression of Father Nicosia was in 1998 when I was an aspirant. He was introduced to all aspirants by our formator i...
    Date2017.11.11 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1610 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24 Next
/ 24