?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20171110_CIN.jpg

Blessing of new religion activity room in Aberdeen Technical School

By Fr. Carlos Cheung, SDB

Hong Kong, 6 November 2017 -- 6th Nov., also the birthday of Fr Simon Lam, a new religion activity room is blessed and launched in Aberdeen Technical School (ATS). During the ceremony, Rector Father Simon Lam encouraged all boarders and teachers to make good use of this activity room for strengthening their Christian identity and be united in Christ so that our school can truly be a field of evangelization.

In the meantime, he also expressed his gratitude, especially to the benefactor, Mr. Francis Law, for being so supportive for this meaningful Salesian charismatic action for the young people, in particular by facilitating the pastoral service in ATS.

After the blessing ceremony, there was a simple birthday party for Father Rector. All Catholic teachers and students sang together a birthday song and Rector expressed his birthday wishes. He wished that all students will be nurtured by our Salesian accompany and reach the 3 objectives set in the boarding section, which are first to learn how to study, second to be a good human person and third to reach the path of eternity. The tea gathering ended in a joyful and communion manner.

The purpose of the religion activity room is to provide an Oratorian atmosphere for young people to “play and pray” in an educative and catechetical manner. This room is particularly helping the 400 students in ATS, among them 120 boarders. In ATS, there are totally 4 catechism classes, roughly 30 students are involved. Meanwhile, there are also religious-exploring gatherings for junior students, solidarity leadership training and catechetical formation for Catholic students. Other than students, there are Lectio Divina and gatherings for all Catholic teachers every month.

20171110_CIN1.jpg

20171110_CIN2.jpg

20171110_CIN3.jpg

20171110_CIN4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4549(I)_Formation Day on Vocation Animation

Workshop on Vocation culture - Hong Kong and Macau By Fr. Carlos Cheung, SDB Hong Kong, 4 November 2017 -- In commemoration of St. Charles Borromeo, the patron saint of catechists and seminarians, the Formation Day on Vocation Animation in ...
    Date2017.11.12 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views2125 file
    Read More
  2. 4548(I)_Thank you Don Nicosia!

We learn from the zeal and simplicity of Fr. Nicosia By Fr. Carlos Cheung, SDB Hong Kong, 9 November 2017 -- My very first impression of Father Nicosia was in 1998 when I was an aspirant. He was introduced to all aspirants by our formator i...
    Date2017.11.11 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1613 file
    Read More
  3. 4547(II)_Education to the faith at the heart of our school

Blessing of new religion activity room in Aberdeen Technical School By Fr. Carlos Cheung, SDB Hong Kong, 6 November 2017 -- 6th Nov., also the birthday of Fr Simon Lam, a new religion activity room is blessed and launched in Aberdeen Techni...
    Date2017.11.10 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views787 file
    Read More
  4. 4533(II)_Missionary vocation sharing among the young people of HK and Macau

Missionary sharing in Hong Kong and Macau By Cl. Anthony Lo Po Tak, SDB GBR province missionary Hong Kong, 28 October 2017 -- Missionaries of the 148th SDB Missionary Expedition and the 140th FMA Missionary Expedition received their Mission...
    Date2017.10.29 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views2651 file
    Read More
  5. 4518(I)_Public expression of Marian devotion in Tainan

Month of the Holy Rosary, procession in the streets of Taianan City By Fr. Mathew Tri, SDB Tainan, Taiwan, 8 October 2017 -- As we all know we are during the month of Our Lady of Rosary and yesterday was the Feast of Our Lady of Rosary. Our...
    Date2017.10.10 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views616 file
    Read More
  6. 4502(II)_Annual Formation Day of Taiwan Salesian Cooperators

Formation of all 5 Salesian Cooperator Centres in Taiwan By Mr. Jimmy Yang, ASC Taipei, Taiwan, 16 September 2017 -- Last weekend was held the annual Taiwan Salesian Cooperators formation and communion day in the camping area of the Taichun...
    Date2017.09.22 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1225 file
    Read More
  7. 4494(II)_Celebrating the Feast of Mother Mary

Hong Kong - South Asia Migrant Ministry By Fr. Dolphie Casimir Sequeira, SDB Hong Kong -- Last September 10 we had the group of 90 people who are adult Migrants gather at St Louis School (Hong Kong) to celebrate the Birthday of Mother Mary ...
    Date2017.09.13 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views838 file
    Read More
  8. 4475(II)_Meditative Salesian Far East Celebrates 450th Birthday of St. Francis de Sales (21 August 1567-2017)

“That Mount Calvary Is the True School of Love”. By Fr. Lanfranco M. Fedrigotti, SDB Hong Kong -- The 21st August 2017 is the 450th Anniversary of the premature birth of St. Francis de Sales, Bishop and Doctor of the Church, Titular and Pat...
    Date2017.08.22 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views946 file
    Read More
  9. 4473(I)_“To become a Salesian forever and a united Salesian Family”

Anniversary of Profession and Ordination of Salesians in CIN By Mr. Phyllis Tang Senior Youth Program Coordinator Hong Kong -- On 16 August 2017, the 202th birthday of our saintly founder Don Bosco, the China Province gathered into one to c...
    Date2017.08.20 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1040 file
    Read More
  10. 4461(I)_Love and Service: building vocation culture

The Salesian Hong Kong-Macau Joint Vocation Camp By Asp. Joseph Ip Hong Kong, 3 August 2017 -- Our Vocation Director Fr Carlos Cheung together with two young Salesians and three aspirants led 9 young people from the Vocation camp in Hong Ko...
    Date2017.08.09 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1035 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 Next
/ 24