?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 616 Comment 0

20170603_CIN.jpg

By Fr. Bala Kishore Miriyala, SDB

Hong Kong, 27 May 2017 -- Together with Fr. Dolphie Sequiera I am involved in the Migrant Youth Ministry with a special focus on the Migrant Youth from South Asia. On 27th of May 2017, Saturday we had a cultural gathering of group of Telugu language speaking people from South India. In two States of India, namely Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, the official language and the mother-tongue of the people is Telugu and these people are known as Telugu Cultural people. Telugu is one of the Ancient Dravidian language and the culture of the people too is as old as the language. These people formed as an association called “The Hong Kong Telugu Samakhya”(THKTS).

THKTS is the Cultural organization of Telugu’s in Hong Kong. It is dedicated to promoting Telugu culture and traditions within the Telugu Community in Hong Kong. The unique feature of THKTS is that it has no committee members, as all are volunteers. These are from different social, economic and religious backgrounds but have the common spirit of Telugu – the language and the culture, which is the uniting factor. These people, with their families, come together three times in a year to promote the spirit of communion, solidarity and to keep alive the valuable ancient cultures and traditions. As I have been interacting with these people, this year we organized one of the main gatherings of this Telugu linguistic and cultural group in our Salesian institute, St. Louis School premises. Nearly 200 people with the families along with the children gathered. There was a mutual exchange of life experience of these people in Hong Kong. The whole program is very educative, entertaining and enriching with the cultural activities, singing, dancing, acting, and inspiring talks.

The rector of the Salesian Community of St. Louis School, Fr. Matthew Chan Hung Kee, is invited to presided over as a Chief Guest For this program, and he, with his friendly presence made the people to feel at home in this Don Bosco premises and in his talk addressed the people with the words of welcome and gave an inspiring message encouraging the people to keep the good from our own cultures and exchange these values from different cultures to promote peace, solidarity and the spirit of communion.

The participation of children and young people brought life and many gifts were awarded by the committee to the children and people who excelled in different events. The gathering was concluded with a grand Telugu cultural dinner. Thanks to God who inspired Don Bosco and the Salesian Presence in this part of the world trying with every effort to accompany the people especially the youth. Thanks to the Salesian community of St. Louis School!

Related article: 3654 (Hong Kong Migrant Youth Ministry)

20170603_CIN1.jpg

20170603_CIN2.jpg

20170603_CIN3.jpg

20170603_CIN4.jpg

20170603_CIN5.jpg

20170603_CIN6.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4455(I)_Come and See!

Vocation meeting in Tainan community By Fr. Matthew Tri, SDB Tainan, Taiwan, 31 July 2017 -- Last weekend we have the joy to be for the sixth time with 5 young people to experience our community life. Like the call of our Lord Jesus to his ...
    Date2017.08.02 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views581 file
    Read More
  2. 4448(I)_Salesian Lay Mission Partners in Hong Kong

The Salesian Charism in Aberdeen Technical School By Mr. Jack Wong Principle, Aberdeen Technical School Hong Kong, 26 July 2017 -- "I have been working in Aberdeen Technical School (ATS), as a principal for 11 months. I am happy that I can ...
    Date2017.07.26 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1331 file
    Read More
  3. 4439_Migrant Oratory in Hong Kong is vibrant also in summer

South Asia Migrant Oratory in Tung Chung By Fr. Dolphie Sequeira, SDB Hong Kong, 17 July 2017 -- Our Teenagers at Tung Chung are involved in various activities every week also in summer. We are interested to give them more opportunities for...
    Date2017.07.18 CategoryCIN Reply1 Views902 file
    Read More
  4. 4421(III)_“Purity: the Most Beautiful Virtue”

Salesian Youth Day for Elementary Students 2017 By Salesian Youth Ministry Office Hong Kong, 24 June 2017 -- The captioned event with the theme “Purity: the Most Beautiful Virtue” was held on 24th June 2017 in Salesian Yip Hon Millennium Pr...
    Date2017.06.28 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views4323 file
    Read More
  5. 4402(II)_Macau - Bosco Youth Service Network

By Jacqueline Leung Chief Executive Officer Macau, CIN, 8 June 2017 -- As every year, also in the early June 2017 we have released the Annual Report of the Macau (CIN province) based 'Bosco Youth Service Network' for the year 2016. We are h...
    Date2017.06.08 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views919 file
    Read More
  6. 4400_A Pentecostal June 4th in 2017 Hong Kong

By a participant Hong Kong, 4 June 2017 -- This year Pentecost Sunday has fallen on June 4th. For Hong Kong Catholics and Christians this coincidence is full of meaning. June 4th is the day when more than a 100,000 Hong Kong people every ye...
    Date2017.06.05 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1217 file
    Read More
  7. 4398(I)_Telegu Group Cultural Gathering in Hong Kong

By Fr. Bala Kishore Miriyala, SDB Hong Kong, 27 May 2017 -- Together with Fr. Dolphie Sequiera I am involved in the Migrant Youth Ministry with a special focus on the Migrant Youth from South Asia. On 27th of May 2017, Saturday we had a cul...
    Date2017.06.03 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views616 file
    Read More
  8. 4396(I)_Dramatic life of a humble disciple of Don Bosco

Extract from the Mortuary Letter for Bro. Edward Kowala, SDB By Fr. Lanfranco Fedrigotti, SDB Hong Kong, 1 June 2017 -- The last words we heard from Br. Edward, before he passed away in Canossa hospital on February 10th, were (spoken in Can...
    Date2017.06.01 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views6939 file
    Read More
  9. 4374(I)_Salesian Vocation Day 2017 in CIN

By Fr. Carlos Cheung, SDB Vocation Director, CIN Hong Kong, 8 May 2017 -- The feast day of Saint Dominic Savio is the day which is taken by the China province as the Vocation Day. It was a great joy in the Salesian House of Studies (Shaukiw...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views927 file
    Read More
  10. 4358_Long-serving Salesian pastor and educationist goes to his reward

Fr. Francis Wong, SDB passed away By Fr. Lanfranco Fedrigotti, SDB Hong Kong, 24 April 2017 -- Rev. Fr. Francis Wong Kin Kwok SDB of the Salesian China Province died in St. Paul’s Hospital in Hong Kong on Monday 24 April 2017, surrounded by...
    Date2017.04.25 CategoryCIN Reply1 Views607 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24 Next
/ 24