PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 533 Comment 0

20170808_FMA.jpg

Sr. Annie, FMA celebrates her Ruby Jubilee as a Religious

By Ms. Arlene Abital
Photographs by Arlene Abital and Karl David Valmonte

Boroko, PNG, 5 August 2017 -- “You in me and I in you,” has been the religious motto chosen by Sr. Aniceta Saligumba, FMA, when she made her first profession 40 years ago.

A Thanksgiving Eucharistic celebration was held at Mary Help of Christians Shrine, Boroko, on August 5, 2017. Fr. Alfred Maravilla, SDB - PGS Provincial Superior was the main celebrant. He was joined by eight concelebrating priests. Present on the occasion were different religious orders, the Don Bosco Technological Institute, students and staff, benefactors and other guests.

Sr. Annie, as she is affectionately called by her students, was born on August 12, 1946 in Tagbilaran City, Bohol, Philippines. She is the 4th born in a family of seven siblings and grew up in a prayerful and pious family. At the age of five, she started schooling and completed both her primary and secondary studies at Holy Spirit, Bohol. She then completed her BSE, Maths & Science majors from the National University in Manila. For the next six years she taught at the Holy Trinity Academy, a school managed by the Salesian Sisters of Don Bosco, in the most populated area of Manila.

Here she experienced the joy of self-giving and was inspired by the apostolate of eight Religious missionaries from other countries including that of four Filipinos wo worked with the people in the squatter settlements. At the annual retreat, this young teacher realized her call to serve God as a consecrated Salesian religious. After nine / several months of discernment, she entered religious life in October 1973.

For the past 40 years, she has responded to several assignments with obedience. Her tasks included: class adviser, teacher, Coordinator for Catechetical Ministry, Directress, Provincial Treasurer and Vicar in Mary Help of Christians schools in Canlubang, Cebu, Mindoro and Manila Philippines, Sideia Alotau and Don Bosco Technological Institute, Papua New Guinea. She has also studied Spirituality in Rome, Italy and at the Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines.

Recalling some of her assignments, she said that the Mary Help of Christians school for indigenous people in Mindoro, Philippines was the most challenging. She followed up projects for the FMA congregation for the indigenous people, coordinated with local schools which lack catechists and prepared financial reports for some international funding agencies that support the indigenous. She has been able to achieve much through God’s blessings and the support of the FMA sisters who worked with her.

Vision-mission for the young in PNG

“Don Bosco loves the young. My life for 40 years as a Religious has been fulfilling. I enjoy coordinating activities like camps and in the oratory for the young. I wish that the lives of the religious missionaries and animating presence of lay people in the country may encourage more local vocations. At the end of the years of studies in DBTI, I pray that our young people may continue with their sense of responsibility, initiative and commitment in whatever they do and be agents of moral and social change in the country,” said Sr. Annie, the happy Ruby Jubilarian.

Fr. Maravilla mentioned that August 5th also marks the institute foundation day for the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians in Mornese with St. John Bosco as the main founder and St. Maria Domenica Mazzarello as co-foundress. Addressing attendees of the occasion he recalled the words of Don Bosco “We owe a great debts of gratitude to Mary Help of Christians. What we are and what we have done, we owe to Her.” the Provincial Superior said.

Speaking on the occasion, Sr. Annie’s thanked her family, her superiors and FMA sisters from the Philippines, communities in Tapo, Sideia and Mary Our Help, DBTI Boroko headed by Sr. Juliet De Leon, FMA Superior, Sr. Ria, Sr. Alem and Sr. Jolanta, the Salesian confreres with Fr. Alfred Maravilla, SDB, PGS Provincial Superior and the main presider of the Mass; DBTI community headed by Fr. Louie Castaneda, SDB, Rector; Fr. Roger Miranda, SDB and the Provincial House community; DBTS Gabutu community, Savio Haus Aspirantate in Bomana; all the religious orders present, her advisory class AUT 1B, benefactors and all the other guests.

20170808_FMA1.jpg

20170808_FMA2.jpg

20170808_FMA3.jpg

20170808_FMA4.jpg

20170808_FMA5.jpg

20170808_FMA6.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4552(III)_Thanks for the missionary fire of the pioneers - pass it on!

Cambodia - Myanmar FMA missionaries celebrate By Sr. Annarani Cherayath, FMA Phnom Penh, Cambodia -- On the eve of November 14th, the 29 FMA sisters gathered in the Phnom Penh provincial house (CYM: Cambodia - Myanmar Province) to give than...
    Date2017.11.14 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views831 file
    Read More
  2. 4519(I)_We desire to make a deep personal relationship with Jesus

Thirteen New Postulants - FMA Vietnam 2017 By Sr. Anh Thi, FMA Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam, 7 October 2017 – feast day of Our Lady of the Rosary, in the vesper at the chapel of the Provincial House of Daughters of Mary Help of Christians in Tam Ha...
    Date2017.10.11 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views730 file
    Read More
  3. 4502(III)_One of the most dynamic FMA provinces around the world - canonical visitation

Canonical visitation of FMA province Korea-Mongolia By Our Own Correspondent Seoul, Korea, 20 September 2017 -- For the second time Sr. Lucy Rose (FMA General Visiting Councilor) was entrusted with the extraordinary visitation of the Korea-...
    Date2017.09.22 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views995 file
    Read More
  4. 4479(III)_FMA Intercultural Formation Houses

Canlubang (Philippines) By Our Own Correspondent Canlubang, the Philippines, 25 August 2017 -- The Salesian citadel of Canlubang has already more than 50 years old history. Side by side we find three SDB and three FMA communities. Not less ...
    Date2017.08.26 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views529 file
    Read More
  5. 4460(I)_Celebrating 40 years of fidelity

Sr. Annie, FMA celebrates her Ruby Jubilee as a Religious By Ms. Arlene Abital Photographs by Arlene Abital and Karl David Valmonte Boroko, PNG, 5 August 2017 -- “You in me and I in you,” has been the religious motto chosen by Sr. Aniceta S...
    Date2017.08.08 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views533 file
    Read More
  6. 4459(I)_Mission completed, fishermen repatriated

Sr. Trinh, a model of the strength and the love By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Alotau, PNG, 7 August 2017 -- Captain Dinh Van Tam was the last of the Vietnamese fishermen detained at Giligili prison in Milan Bay Province. He suffered from deep...
    Date2017.08.07 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views593 file
    Read More
  7. 4414(I)_Sr. Julia's vocation story

The First FMA from Pakistan By FMA, FIL province social communication Laguna, the Philippines, 21 June 2017 -- On May 23, Sr. Julia Karen Ashraf made her first profession in Mornese Center of Spirituality in Laguna, Philippines, in the hand...
    Date2017.06.22 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views7084 file
    Read More
  8. 4364_Heroic sister helps her fellowmen

By Bp. Rolando Santos, CM Bishop of Diocese of Alotau-Sideia Alotau-Sideia, PNG, 28 April 2017 -- Sr. Ma Theresa Trinh Vu Phuong, FMA, has been helping Vietnamese fishermen to be freed and repatriated to their home country. Over 130 of thes...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views668 file
    Read More
  9. 4355(I)_Sr. Vilma Tallone Underscores Missionary Dimension of FMA Vocation

By Sr. Malen Estacio, FMA Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 16 April 2017 -- Sr. Vilma Tallone, Economer-General of the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians, visited the CMY (Cambodia-Myanmar) Province recently. She stayed in Cambodia from April 5 to 9...
    Date2017.04.22 CategoryFMA Reply1 Views593 file
    Read More
  10. 4317(I)_The training course for assistants of Vacation Formation

By Sr. Anh Thi, FMA HCM City, Vietnam, 5 March 2017 -- On March 3rd and 4th, 2017 Department of Formation of Mary Help Province (FMa Vietnam) held 2 day training course for assitants of vocational formation at the provincial house in Tamha....
    Date2017.03.07 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views613 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
/ 9