austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20170422_FMA.jpg

By Sr. Malen Estacio, FMA

Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 16 April 2017 -- Sr. Vilma Tallone, Economer-General of the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians, visited the CMY (Cambodia-Myanmar) Province recently. She stayed in Cambodia from April 5 to 9 and in Myanmar from April 9 to 16. Sr. Jessica Salvaña, CMY Provincial, and Sr. Lakana Yawasang, Provincial Economer, accompanied her on her visits to the three communities in Cambodia and five in Myanmar.

In Cambodia, where Sr. Vilma met 24 FMAs who were mostly missionaries, she underlined not only the true essence of the vow of poverty, and talked of matters pertaining to economic or financial administration and practices, but she also spent considerable time talking about the mission. Having been herself a missionary in Africa for 28 years, Sr. Vilma had a lot of missionary insights and experiences to share. Many things were clarified for the Sisters during the conferences and in personal talks with her.

The CMY Sisters were happy, too, that Sr. Vilma had spent Holy Week and Easter with them, which this year coincided with the celebration of Khmer New Year, a very festive occasion. In Cambodia, both students and staff showed eagerness to wash Sr. Vilma’s hands with scented water, a tradition that expressed gratitude and respect towards parents and elders.

Instead in Myanmar, she had a glimpse of the Thingyan Festival or commonly called Water Festival, which is considered to be the New Year celebration in Myanmar tradition. The religious and cultural traditions Sr. Vilma experienced in this East Asian province must have added to her rich store of mission experiences.

20170422_FMA1.jpg

20170422_FMA2.jpg

20170422_FMA3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4552(III)_Thanks for the missionary fire of the pioneers - pass it on!

Cambodia - Myanmar FMA missionaries celebrate By Sr. Annarani Cherayath, FMA Phnom Penh, Cambodia -- On the eve of November 14th, the 29 FMA sisters gathered in the Phnom Penh provincial house (CYM: Cambodia - Myanmar Province) to give than...
    Date2017.11.14 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views831 file
    Read More
  2. 4519(I)_We desire to make a deep personal relationship with Jesus

Thirteen New Postulants - FMA Vietnam 2017 By Sr. Anh Thi, FMA Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam, 7 October 2017 – feast day of Our Lady of the Rosary, in the vesper at the chapel of the Provincial House of Daughters of Mary Help of Christians in Tam Ha...
    Date2017.10.11 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views730 file
    Read More
  3. 4502(III)_One of the most dynamic FMA provinces around the world - canonical visitation

Canonical visitation of FMA province Korea-Mongolia By Our Own Correspondent Seoul, Korea, 20 September 2017 -- For the second time Sr. Lucy Rose (FMA General Visiting Councilor) was entrusted with the extraordinary visitation of the Korea-...
    Date2017.09.22 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views995 file
    Read More
  4. 4479(III)_FMA Intercultural Formation Houses

Canlubang (Philippines) By Our Own Correspondent Canlubang, the Philippines, 25 August 2017 -- The Salesian citadel of Canlubang has already more than 50 years old history. Side by side we find three SDB and three FMA communities. Not less ...
    Date2017.08.26 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views528 file
    Read More
  5. 4460(I)_Celebrating 40 years of fidelity

Sr. Annie, FMA celebrates her Ruby Jubilee as a Religious By Ms. Arlene Abital Photographs by Arlene Abital and Karl David Valmonte Boroko, PNG, 5 August 2017 -- “You in me and I in you,” has been the religious motto chosen by Sr. Aniceta S...
    Date2017.08.08 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views533 file
    Read More
  6. 4459(I)_Mission completed, fishermen repatriated

Sr. Trinh, a model of the strength and the love By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Alotau, PNG, 7 August 2017 -- Captain Dinh Van Tam was the last of the Vietnamese fishermen detained at Giligili prison in Milan Bay Province. He suffered from deep...
    Date2017.08.07 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views593 file
    Read More
  7. 4414(I)_Sr. Julia's vocation story

The First FMA from Pakistan By FMA, FIL province social communication Laguna, the Philippines, 21 June 2017 -- On May 23, Sr. Julia Karen Ashraf made her first profession in Mornese Center of Spirituality in Laguna, Philippines, in the hand...
    Date2017.06.22 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views7084 file
    Read More
  8. 4364_Heroic sister helps her fellowmen

By Bp. Rolando Santos, CM Bishop of Diocese of Alotau-Sideia Alotau-Sideia, PNG, 28 April 2017 -- Sr. Ma Theresa Trinh Vu Phuong, FMA, has been helping Vietnamese fishermen to be freed and repatriated to their home country. Over 130 of thes...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views666 file
    Read More
  9. 4355(I)_Sr. Vilma Tallone Underscores Missionary Dimension of FMA Vocation

By Sr. Malen Estacio, FMA Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 16 April 2017 -- Sr. Vilma Tallone, Economer-General of the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians, visited the CMY (Cambodia-Myanmar) Province recently. She stayed in Cambodia from April 5 to 9...
    Date2017.04.22 CategoryFMA Reply1 Views593 file
    Read More
  10. 4317(I)_The training course for assistants of Vacation Formation

By Sr. Anh Thi, FMA HCM City, Vietnam, 5 March 2017 -- On March 3rd and 4th, 2017 Department of Formation of Mary Help Province (FMa Vietnam) held 2 day training course for assitants of vocational formation at the provincial house in Tamha....
    Date2017.03.07 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views613 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
/ 9