PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 865 Comment 0

20170805_Ind.jpg

Asia Youth Day 2017 (III) - Day 3

By Fr. Prastowo Vincent de Paul, SDB
Indonesia Delegation Youth ministry

Yogyakarta, Indonesia, 4 August 2017 -- On Friday, August 4, the Salesian Youth of Indonesia delegation are sharing their deep impression of international and intercultural fraternity on the main venue of the AYD in Yogyakarta. The theme of AYD Day 3 is appreciating and celebrating our diversity. By this theme, each representative presents the show according to the encyclical letter of Pope Francis "Laudato si".

The theme emphasizes the role of Asian youth living in diversity. In the blessing of Holy Spirit, Asian youth surely experience different journeys.

“Being religious is about being interreligious,” is an interesting quote from Fr. Andreas Setyawan, S.J. as the representative of Steering Committee of AYD about today’s activities. Religious identity can be deepen by doing encounter and enriching experiences. AYD 7 still occurs in the same location as the previous days, Jogyakarta Expo Center (JEC). On the third day, the delegates of AYD have exposure as the main activity. They visit 25 different destinations by bus.

The places chosen often do services for others that are ecclesiastical and cultural such as church, school, and community. Some of them are Tunggal Hati Seminary and Tunggal Hati Maria, Parish of St. Antonius Kota Baru, Cave of Mary Sendangsono, Kanisius Kokap Elementary School, and Traditional Art Festival in Kulon Progo.

The delegates of AYD surely bring one mission when visiting those places. In each location, every delegate participates and has a discussion with a community. One of locations is in the Center for Liturgical Music. The delegates are given a chance to play angklung, gamelan, and kolintang which are traditional instruments of Indonesia. The Center for Liturgical Music promotes the unity of Indonesian instruments in liturgy. Its musical composition has been sung in church around Indonesia.

Asian Youth Day invites the Muslims to share their experience about Islam in Indonesia in the exposure. This moment also becomes the encounter and dialog to make the Asian youth understand about Islam, which is the major religion in Indonesia. In this dialog, the Moslems represented by young Moslems share their experience when living in Indonesia which is plural yet full of tolerance.

“This encounter makes our tolerance to not become a tolerance in silence,” said Rifqi Fairuz representing young Moslems. Young Moslems who take part in this encounter are the volunteers that prepare themselves to have sharing with Asian youth in AYD 7. Several times, they hold workshops to prepare this event. The workshop done is also supported by Alissa Wahid, the coordinator of National Gusdurian Network.

The AYD 2017 'Joyful Asian Youth! Living the Gospel in multicultural Asia' can be followed on the official web: https://asianyouthday.org/

Related article:

Australasia 4456 (I)

20170805_Ind1.jpg

20170805_Ind2.jpg

20170805_Ind3.jpg

20170805_Ind4.jpg

20170805_Ind5.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4634_"To learn to cooperate with Muslims in developing Salesian Charism"

The 10th successor of Don Bosco visits to Indonesia By Fr. Prastowo Vincent de Paul, SDB Jakarta, Indonesia, 6 February 2018 -- Major Rector met with the Salesian Novices of the Indonesia Delegation. In his meeting with the Novices the Majo...
    Date2018.02.07 CategoryINA Reply0 Views731 file
    Read More
  2. 4584(I)_Quinquenium Seminar on Psycho-Spiritual

By Fr. Julio Motta, SDB Comoro, Indonesia, 14 December 2017 -- A group of fourteen Salesians composed of 2 lay brothers perpetually professed and 12 priests underwent an on-going formation the so-called quinquenium. The main theme of this f...
    Date2017.12.16 CategoryINA Reply1 Views1130 file
    Read More
  3. 4538(II)_Coming together to grow as future Provincial Community

Assembly of Confreres - Delegation of Indonesia By Fr. Ramoncito Padilla, SDB Jakarta, Indonesia, 1 November 2017 -- Inspired by the Strenna of the Rector Major for the Year 2018, LET US CULTIVATE THE ART OF LISTENING AND OF ACCOMPANIMENT (...
    Date2017.11.03 CategoryINA Reply0 Views926 file
    Read More
  4. 4496(I)_"I was attracted by Blessed Artemide Zatti"

Interview in preparation of EAO Brother's Congress 2018 (IV) By Bro. Bernard Mikoli, SDB Indonesia, 14 September 2017 -- "I'm happy Salesian Brother" What makes you happy or joyful as a Salesian Brother? When I entered the Salesian communit...
    Date2017.09.15 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1058 file
    Read More
  5. 4465(I)_Ordination of two Salesian Priest in Sumatra - Indonesia

By Fr. Lino Belo, SDB Palembang, Indonesia -- On August 9th, In Palembang (South Sumatera) were ordained two Salesian priests - deacon Ambrosius Widiyantoro, SDB )theology study in FIN, Paranaque) and Deacon Finansius Sidabutar, SDB (theolo...
    Date2017.08.13 CategoryINA Reply0 Views619 file
    Read More
  6. 4461(II)_Welcome to India AYD8 in 2020

AYD closing, 21.000 youth at the AYD 7 in Indonesia. By Our Own Correspondent Yogyakarta, Indonesia, 6 August 2017 -- 7th Asian Youth Day held in Yogyakarta, Indonesia (July 30 - August 6) with the theme "Joyful Asian Youth! Living the Gosp...
    Date2017.08.09 CategoryINA Reply0 Views694 file
    Read More
  7. 4458(III)_Being United in Cultural Diversity

Asia Youth Day 2017 (III) - Day 3 By Fr. Prastowo Vincent de Paul, SDB Indonesia Delegation Youth ministry Yogyakarta, Indonesia, 4 August 2017 -- On Friday, August 4, the Salesian Youth of Indonesia delegation are sharing their deep impres...
    Date2017.08.05 CategoryINA Reply0 Views865 file
    Read More
  8. 4452_'Celebrating Diversity' Asia Youth Day 7

Indonesia (Yogjakarta) July 30 - Aug 6 By Our Own Correspondent Yogjakarta, Indonesia, 30 July 2017 -- Three years after the AYD 6 celebrated in South Korea last August 2014 with the presence of Pope Francis today was open the 7th Asian You...
    Date2017.07.30 CategoryINA Reply0 Views574 file
    Read More
  9. 4434(I)_We are Family: Happy and Holy like Don Bosco

The Third Bosconian Youth Encounter (BYE) By Fr.Prastowo Vincent De Paul, SDB Blitar, Indonesia, 9 July 2017 -- On July 5th & 6, we, Bosconian from different communities and different Salesian setting of Indonesian delegation was coming...
    Date2017.07.13 CategoryINA Reply0 Views651 file
    Read More
  10. 4081(I)_Every call is an indication that the Lord loves the Congregation

Thtree New Salesians of Indonesia By Fr. Andre Delimarta, SDB Novicemaster Sumba, Indonesia, 24 July 2016 -- The Delegation of Indonesia (ITM) celebrated with gratitude and joy the first profession of three young Salesians in the Novitiate ...
    Date2016.07.26 CategoryINA Reply3 Views1309 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
/ 12