?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20180625_MON.jpg

Silver Jubilee of presbyterial ordination and religious profession

By Fr. Anthony Kishore Minj, SDB

Darkhan, Mongolia, 24 June 2018 -- With great Jubilation Auxilium Parish Darkhan celebrated the 25th anniversary of priestly ordination of Fr. Simon Ho Yeol Lee, SDB and the 25th anniversary of the religious profession of Fr. Jaroslav Vracovsky, SDB on June 23, 2018. 

More than three hundred people, including many priests and religious participated in the celebration. All the salesians from Mongolian delegation were present to witness this big event. The celebration began at 10 am with Holy Mass presided over by his Excellency Bp. Wenceslao Padilla, CICM. During the homily, talking about the jubilee celebrants the bishop highlighted their simplicity and humility, and thanked them for their dedication and whole hearted service to develop the mission in Mongolia. Fr. Paul Leung SDB, the delegate superior of Mongolia appreciated them for their diligence, untiring zeal and passion for the service for the young. 

After mass, whole crowd move towards the stage to felicitate both the celebrants and colorful concert was organized by the youth of the parish, thereafter grand lunch was served for all.

An Electrician to a Salesian (Speech made by Fr. Jaroslav)

Dear friends, it is great to be here and to celebrate things that God has done in my life! “This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118, 24)

To be honest, I never expected that I would become a salesian, priest and a missionary in Mongolia. Until the age of 18, I was thinking that I would be an electrician, but sure not a religious and priest. But when I was studying in ‘Czech technical university’ Prague, mysteriously I met Salesians, joined Bible sharing groups, animator’s movement and summer camps. It was time of communism and everything had to be done in secret. This experience helped me to listen to God’s call to follow him. Electricity is invisible and strong. Similarly God is invisible and strong. I realized that anybody could be an electrician, but God expected something else from me.

It is 25th year since I made my religious profession after novitiate. The day of my first religious vows was one of the happiest moments in my life which I even cherish today. During these 25 years God gave me much more that I have ever given him.

I would like thank many people who have been supporting and accompanying me all these while. First of all, a big thanks to God the almighty and to Mother Mary for her guidance, protection and support. To my mother, father, sister and all the relatives, who have been assisting me to follow me God’s ways. A big gratitude to Salesians in Czech province and in Mongolian delegation! My heartfelt thanks to our lay co-operators, youth and children with whom I live and find my inner joy! Again, thanks to all of you for your prayers and support. “This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118, 24)

A Mechanical engineer to a Salesian priest and a missionary (A short summary of a drama played by the youth portraying the life and priestly vocation of Fr. Simon Lee, SDB)

Fr. Simon Lee, born in a small village far from city, grew up in a farming set up, as a small boy he learnt hard work and to be industrious from his parents particularly from his mother.

When he was a teenager he met FMA sisters by whom he was taught catechism. Inspired by the religious life of sisters, despite all opposition from his parents he got baptized. He joined the university to prepare himself to be an engineer. God’s ways are mysterious; he was led by FMA sisters to join the salesians to follow God’s call. Thus became a Salesian and was ordained a priest on June 24, 1993.

For few years he worked in Korea, then inspired by the salesian missionaries he left his native land 17 years ago. From then on he has been working in Mongolia. In Mongolia he worked with street children, in the printing press, in the farm etc. Now he is a parish priest of Maria Auxilum, Darkhan and at the same he is a rector of the Salesian community.

Addressing to the audience in the church he said, “If young people are not here, I will not be here, they are everything for me.” He has a great love and passion for the young.

20180625_MON1.jpg

20180625_MON2.jpg

20180625_MON3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4799(II)_Mongolia Apostolic Prefecture vocation camp 2018

By Sr. Agnes Gangmei, FMA Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 24 July 2018 -- “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” (Mt.9:37-38). For this young M...
    Date2018.07.27 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views1002 file
    Read More
  2. 4770(III)_A Mysterious beginning of Salesian and priestly life

Silver Jubilee of presbyterial ordination and religious profession By Fr. Anthony Kishore Minj, SDB Darkhan, Mongolia, 24 June 2018 -- With great Jubilation Auxilium Parish Darkhan celebrated the 25th anniversary of priestly ordination of F...
    Date2018.06.25 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views1216 file
    Read More
  3. 4765(II)_Summer in Shuwuu Mission

Short summer of Mongolia Youth with Don Bosco Shuwuu By Fr. Mario Gaspar, SDB Shuwuu, Mongolia, 20 June 2018 -- Summer is moment for the youth to take rest and to enhance one’s talents as well. Three months’ holyday is really a long period ...
    Date2018.06.21 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views1067 file
    Read More
  4. 4747(I)_Mini market held at Don Bosco Darkhan

By Fr. Antony Kishore, SDB Darkhan, Mongolia, 2 June 2018 -- Don Bosco Darkhan opened a mini market for the children of the surrounding area. Around 100 children from all over Darkhan came to have fun in the market. Various types of indoor ...
    Date2018.06.05 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views1301 file
    Read More
  5. 4733(III)_For further Collaboration and Partnership with the Government

A Delegation of Mongolian Labour Department and of Paliament paid visit to Don Bosco ITSC in Ulaanbaatar By Bro. Le Phuong, SDB Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 21 May 2018 -- On Friday, 18th May, a group from the Mongolian government, from the Labou...
    Date2018.05.22 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views950 file
    Read More
  6. 4728(IV)_Youth at the Center of Salesian works in Darkhan

By Fr. Van Chinh, SDB Darkhan, Mongolia, 15 May 2018 -- In the week of making the strategic plan and other plans for the salesian works of Darkhan community, the Salesians resolved to put the youth from the age of 13 to 30 at the center of ...
    Date2018.05.16 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views718 file
    Read More
  7. 4728(I)_Don Bosco Alumni Association Launched in Ulaanbatar

First official gathering of Don Bosco Past Pupils in Mongolia By Ms. Madeleine Picozzi Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 12 May 2018 -- Don Bosco ITSC, in Ulaanbaatar, witnessed a historic event on 12th May 2018, as they held the first ever official g...
    Date2018.05.16 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views884 file
    Read More
  8. 4723(II)_A resolution of total Dedication for the benefits of the young in the land of Ghengis Khan

Strategic Plan for Mogolian Delegation By Van Chinh, SDB Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 9 May 2018 -- To help the salesians of Mongolian delegation to think, to live and to work to the planning mentality as required by GC27, Mongolian delegation or...
    Date2018.05.11 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views894 file
    Read More
  9. 4680(III)_Twenty newborn in Christ

Celebration of Palm Sunday of the Lord’s passion in Darkhan By Ms. Bolor Uyanga Darkhan, Mongolia, 25 March 2018 -- The Palm Sunday ceremony began at the courtyard of Don Bosco Centre at 10 am. His Excellency Wenceslao Padilla, bishop of Mo...
    Date2018.03.26 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views988 file
    Read More
  10. 4617(II)_Youth Serving Youth

Coming together in the name of Don Bosco By Fr. Mario Gaspar, SDB Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 20 January 2018 -- In order to spend the Don Bosco month with more meaning, this year we organize the first full day Don Bosco's Youth Activity: "Don B...
    Date2018.01.21 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views568 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
/ 10