?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1104 Comment 0

20160512_VIE.jpg

By Fr Khanh Quoc, SDB

Xuan Hiep, Vietnam, - On the morning of Saturday, May 7th, 2016, the Committee on Academic Affairs of the Province of Vietnam, together with the Theological Institute of Blessed Philip Rinaldi, held the symposium entitled “Understanding and Living the Jubilee Year of Mercy.” The symposium took place in the multi-purpose hall of the theologate in Xuan Hiep, Thu Duc district, Ho Chi Minh City.

Attending the symposium were Coadjutor Bishop Joseph Dinh Duc Dao of Xuan Loc diocese, Father Provincial Joseph Nguyen Van Quang, Vice-provincial Joseph Nguyen Van Am, Provincial Councilor for Formation, Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc, Father Barnabas Le An Phong, Rector of the theologate, together with all the students and formators of Theological Institute of Blessed Philip Rinaldi and around 600 participants consisting of priests, religious, novices, postulants and aspirants of different religious congregations, such as Salesians of Don Bosco, Dominican Sisters of Rose of Lima, Daughters of Mary, Help of Christians, Lovers of the Holy Cross Khiet Tam, Carmelites and Our Lady of the Poor.

In his presentation, Bishop Joseph helped the community to understand the foundation of the Divine Mercy in the teachings of the Church, particularly in the Papal Bull Misericordiae Vultus by Pope Francis and the Encyclical Dives in Misericordia by the late Pope John Paul II. He also expounded the Biblical foundation of the Divine Mercy and some pastoral implications.

After the presentation of the Bishop were group-discussions and the open forum. To the question “how do consecrated persons live and express the Mercy of God in their religious life?” Bishop Joseph gave them concrete answers and guidance. To the question “how do religious superiors practice discipline and mercy in the community?” Bishop Joseph said that “to have unity in the community, every member should be willing to do the will of God and then trust one another. Unity cannot be achieved if one of the two elements is lacking.”

Part one of the symposium ended with the musical portraying the Mercy of God shown to the people of Nineveh, which was performed by Salesian sisters.

Part two consisted of four presentations from representatives of different religious congregations sharing about their charism and specific applications regarding the Mercy of God. Father Joseph Quang, the Provincial of the Salesians, presented “The Mercy of God in the Preventive System and Salesian Education.” Next were the presentations of representatives from Dominican Sisters of Rose of Lima, Lovers of the Holy Cross Khiet Tam and Our Lady of the Poor. Through vivid presentations of the speakers, the participants were able to see that the Mercy of God has been expressed through religious families in different ways, such as educating poor youth, serving drug addicts, helping the needy and teaching in nurseries and colleges.

Father Joseph Nguyen Van Am, Vice-provincial, said that “this symposium aims to invite not only us in consecrated life to know and live the Mercy of God, but also all people so that they should allow God to touch their hearts and transform them. All of us need the Mercy of God; once we experience the Mercy of God, we are able to show it to others.”

Finally, Father Joseph Am, on behalf of the organizers, thanked the Bishop, religious superiors and everyone for their enthusiastic participation. He also thanked those who made the event possible.

The symposium ended with a meal filled with fraternal joy, in which several items from different religious congregations were performed.

20160512_VIE1.jpg

20160512_VIE2.jpg

20160512_VIE3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5778(I)_VIE: Youth Ministry Commission’s Meeting to discuss Salesian Educative and Pastoral Project

By Br. Hong Phuoc, SDB K'Long Retreat Center, 18 February 2022 -- On Wednesday morning, February 16, 2022, the Youth Ministry Commission of the Vietnam Province began a three-day meeting from February 16 to 18, 2022 at K'Long Retrea...
    Date2022.02.26 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views791 file
    Read More
  2. 5775(I)_The Training Course For Rectors In Vietnam

By Augustine DoPhuc SDB K’Long Retreat Center, 12 February 2022 -- After a long time, all activities having been suspended due to the Covid epidemic, the Salesian Province of Don Bosco Vietnam organized the first Regular Training Cour...
    Date2022.02.16 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1455 file
    Read More
  3. 5770(I)_DON BOSCO VIETNAM: SALESIAN FAMILY DAY

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Vietnam, 2 February 2022 -- At 8:00 a.m, Tuesday, January 25, 2022, the Vietnamese Salesian Family held a meeting like every year. Because of the epidemic situation, this year, the Salesian Family gathering day was ...
    Date2022.02.02 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1227 file
    Read More
  4. 5767(II)_Don Bosco My Thuan: Spring Sports Festival 2022

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB My Thuan, Vinh Long, Vietnam, 24 January 2022 -- To prepare for celebrating St John Bosco’s feast (January 31), Don Bosco My Thuan Community (Vinh Long) organized a Sports Festival to celebrate the Spring 2022...
    Date2022.01.25 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views2064 file
    Read More
  5. 5765(I)_Charitable Activities, Don Bosco Tam Hai Parish

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 20 January 2022 -- In the days of preparing for the Lunar New Year, Don Bosco Tam Hai parish is offering some charitable activities. Tam Hai parish currently has been serving free rice coo...
    Date2022.01.21 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1372 file
    Read More
  6. 5757(I)_Don Bosco My Thuan Community: Sports and Arts Festival

By Augustine DoPhuc SDB My Thuan, Vinh Long, Vietnam, 5 January 2022 -- On the morning of January 1, 2021, My Thuan Community (Vinh Long – Viet Nam) held a Sports and Arts Day to welcome the new year with the theme "Spring of Love" fo...
    Date2022.01.07 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views527 file
    Read More
  7. 5754(I)_Christmas at Don Bosco My Thuan Community

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB VinhLong, Vietnam, 31 December 2021 -- Although the epidemic situation is still affecting people’s lives, the Christmas atmosphere is still very clearly expressed at Don Bosco My Thuan Community (VinhLong &nda...
    Date2021.12.31 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1239 file
    Read More
  8. 5753(II)_Christmas Presents Distribution - A Meaningful Activity

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Don Bosco Tacvan Parish, Vietnam, 27 December 2021 -- At 7:30 AM on Tuesday, 21 December 2021, Don Bosco Tac Van Community (CanTho Diocese - VietNam) organized a Christmas gift distribution activity. Poor families, ...
    Date2021.12.28 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views621 file
    Read More
  9. 5752_Dalat Community Cooperators Resume Their Activities

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Da Lat City, Vietnam, 24 December 2021 -- After seven months of suspending meetings because of the Covid-19 pandemic, on the afternoon of 16 December the Mary Help Of Christians Cooperator Center had a meeting and a...
    Date2021.12.24 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views543 file
    Read More
  10. 5751(III)_Golden Straws for the Child Jesus

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 22 December 2021 -- In order to raise the spirit of solidarity, love and create meaningful activities during the Christmas season for Children, the Catechism department of Don Bosco Tam Hai Parish (Thu Duc – ...
    Date2021.12.23 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views2099 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 38 Next
/ 38