austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20161231_VIE.jpg

By Phuc Hoa, SDB

Ba Thon, Vietnam, 25 December 2016 -- To add more joy on Christmas Day, the community of Sacred Heart of Ba Thon, also the Novitiate, organized a funfair for children with the theme: “Christmas for Everyone,” starting at 9am, Sunday 25th December, 2016.

Children eagerly flocked to the compound of the community early in the morning. The day was begun with a solemn Eucharistic celebration at 7:30am. Then, at 9am, Fr. Nguyen Dinh Phuc, Rector, offered prayers and officially declared the opening of the funfair.

There were 40 booths, serving around one thousand children. The participants were children of Don Bosco parish, neighboring parishes, ethnic minority children under Sisters of Saint Paul Lai Thieu and children of other religions. Thanks to the service and dedication of 140 organizers and volunteers – consisting of novices, catechists, Catholic Mothers, members of St. Joseph Association, members of Sacred Heart Choir and Youth Choir – the children had a wonderful day filled with joy.

The Funfair ended at noontime. In spite of tiredness, the organizers and volunteers were glad to see “sparking joy” in the faces of children. The children were contented going home with food and gifts in the hands. They joyfully waved their hands at novices and volunteers as a sign of gratitude.

When the children had left, the organizers and volunteers took lunch together – with exiting “lucky drawing.” Laughters were felt when volunteers gained winning numbers and received gifts. The family spirit and the Joy of Christmas filled up the compound of Don Bosco Ba Thon.

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 5796(I)_Lenten Prayer Performance 2022 at Don Bosco Tam Hai Parish

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Thu Duc, HCM City Vietnam, 20 April 2022 -- At 19:30 on 12 April , at Don Bosco Tam Hai Parish (Thu Duc, HCM City), a Lenten prayer performance was held with the theme “God, why do you forgive?” The cont...
    Date2022.04.21 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views576 file
    Read More
  2. 5794(I)_Training Course for Brothers in Practical Training

By Br. Hong Phuoc, SDB Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 12 April 2022 -- The training program took place from April 5 to 8, 2022 at the provincial house of the Vietnam Province, Thu Duc, Ho Chi Minh City. 20 brothers in practical training and anot...
    Date2022.04.12 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1009 file
    Read More
  3. 5792(II)_Salesian Missionaries Visit Don Bosco Tan Cang Community

By Augustine DoPhuc SDB Tan Cang, Vietnam, 8 April 2022 -- At 16:15, on April 7, 2022, on the occasion of returning to visit Vietnam’s homeland, Father Joseph Le Quoc Hung SDB and Father John the Baptist Nguyen Duc Tin SDB, currently ...
    Date2022.04.08 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views778 file
    Read More
  4. 5790(I)_Sports Day for Boarding Students at Don Bosco Tan Cang Community

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Dong Nai, Vietnam, 5 April 2022 -- At 7:00 a.m, on March 26, 2022, the Salesians of Don Bosco Tan Cang community (Dong Nai - Vietnam) organized a Sports Day for local students, after they had just completed the seco...
    Date2022.04.05 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views924 file
    Read More
  5. 5788_Don Bosco BaThon: The Meeting between Salesians and Novices’ Parents

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB Ba Thon, HCM City, 29 March 2022 -- On Saturday, March 26, 2022, at the novitiate community of the Sacred Heart, Ba Thon (District 12, Ho Chi Minh City) a meeting of the Salesians in the community with the parents o...
    Date2022.03.29 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views666 file
    Read More
  6. 5785_Don Bosco Vietnam Social Communication Department: Opening “Creative Drawing” Class

By Augustine DoPhuc, SDB HCM, Vietnam, 20 March 2022 -- At 9 a.m. on March 15, 2022, the “Creative Drawing” class organized by the Don Bosco Vietnam Communication Department had the first meeting between the faculty and students...
    Date2022.03.20 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views627 file
    Read More
  7. 5783(I)_VIE: A Novena to pray for peace in Ukraine

By Br. Hong Phuoc, SDB Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam, 17 March 2022 -- Speaking about the tragedy of war that has been happening in recent days, the Holy Father invited the faithful to pray to the Lord more fervently for dialogue between world...
    Date2022.03.17 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1129 file
    Read More
  8. 5782(I)_Don Bosco My Thuan Students’ Good Deeds During Lent

By Augustine DoPhuc SDB Don Bosco My Thuan, Vietnam 14 March 2022 -- Lent is an opportunity for us to look back on ourselves, repent of the mistakes we have made, and try to avoid the temptations that drag us down the path of sin. With the ...
    Date2022.03.14 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views645 file
    Read More
  9. 5778(I)_VIE: Youth Ministry Commission’s Meeting to discuss Salesian Educative and Pastoral Project

By Br. Hong Phuoc, SDB K'Long Retreat Center, 18 February 2022 -- On Wednesday morning, February 16, 2022, the Youth Ministry Commission of the Vietnam Province began a three-day meeting from February 16 to 18, 2022 at K'Long Retrea...
    Date2022.02.26 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views791 file
    Read More
  10. 5775(I)_The Training Course For Rectors In Vietnam

By Augustine DoPhuc SDB K’Long Retreat Center, 12 February 2022 -- After a long time, all activities having been suspended due to the Covid epidemic, the Salesian Province of Don Bosco Vietnam organized the first Regular Training Cour...
    Date2022.02.16 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1442 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 38 Next
/ 38