?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20170808_VIE.jpg

VIDES Korea and Salesian Youth of Vietnam

By Br. Thien Phong, SDB

Dong Thuan, Vietnam, 8 August 2017 -- After two months of summer activities in My Thuan (Vietnam) and after two days short but intense meeting with the VIDES Korea in Don Bosco Vocation Training Center, we can read the reflections shared by both sides - VIDES Korean university students and Vietnamese SYM youth.

There were 38 Korean VIDES Students from Cho Sun University (Gwang Ju), Han Yang University (Seoul), Lee Hwa Woman University (Seoul), Hong Ik University (Seoul) and two Catholic University (Seoul and Daegu) accompanied by 3 FMA Sister from Korean province of Stella Mattutina.

In order to digest and make fruitful their inter-cultural Salesian experience, both side animators asked to write down their feelings.

From the Vides Korea students:

"We departed and I felt both happy and sad at the same time. What I want to say is thank you. Thank you VIDES Vietnam for translating language. Thank you Vietnam friends for filling us up with friendship, love and happiness. Finally, thank you all for making this trip a one to remember. VIDES KOREA wishes you all to be happy and feel love for each other. All those games we plays, all those songs we sang and danced, we will remember and I hope you do too. Even after we leave, have fun like this and always think of us when you feel sad. My goal was to make everyone happy and I think I have reached my goal. I couldn’t have done it myself. Thank you everyone. Live a pure life!"

"Not only they were good at making, but also following us very well. When they played with outdoor top, I got a memory that I can’t forget their beautiful smile. I appreciated Vietnam VIDES member’s transferring and helping us. Without their help, we can’t finish our program well. After finishing our program, we saw both Korea and Vietnam’s performance. I was very surprise about their high-quality performance. It was good chance to exchange each country’s culture. After having lunch, we took part in a game called bamboo dancing which side of Vietnam provide to children and us. Through this game, we can be closer with Vietnam children."

From the Salesian Youth Movement Vietnam:

"In my mind, I had thought of a boring and gloomy summer but then Don Bosco Mỹ Thuận organized summer activities, gathered hundreds of young local people and created a positive environment in which we can play and learn together. Salesian brothers and priests were always with us in every single activity during these two months. We also know that you had been spending a lot of time and effort for us and sometimes you must have been exhausted because of us. In fact, I thought of a picture in my mind of what my summer would be like. It would be boring and sad. Luckily, Don Bosco Mỹ Thuận youth center has organized summer activities, gathered hundreds local young people and created a positive environment in which we can play and learn together. During 2 months, there are the presence of Salesian brothers and priests in every activity we do and learn. We know that brothers spent a lot of time and even was exhausted because of us."

"And two days ago, we also welcomed 38 students from Korea. After all of activities we had shared in the camp site till the moment of saying goodbye, we understood deeply the meaning of this saying "all good things must come to an end". Right at this moment, 2 month memories are playing back like slow-motion movie scenes in our heads. And in the future we might burst out into tears when there is no figure of you on the playground. But we understand that you have a lot of to do, so we always wish you with good health and full of God's grace. Perhaps, Saint Don Bosco in heaven might be smiling with us by now… We love him. We love Salesians and the youth center of Don Bosco Mỹ Thuận."

"The camp gave me chances to know friends from all over the places, especially the great time exchanging with those from VIDES Korea and getting to know their culture. The camp is also a training place to help me build up my personal disciplines and my confidence in front of others. It is also an appreciative opportunity to meet Salesian Brothers, who own a full love for young people.

I would like to give special thanks to Fr Paul who created this joyful, positive and wonderful environment for us. Here people share love, care and sincerity to live harmoniously under the roof of Don Bosco Mỹ Thuận youth center."

We wish more exchange program will happen among the 22 EAO countries to open the hearts of Don Bosco youth to other cultures and nations, to experience the one large God's family of His children.

Related article: AustraLasia 4451 (III)

20170808_VIE1.jpg

20170808_VIE2.jpg

20170808_VIE3.jpg

20170808_VIE4.jpg

20170808_VIE5.jpg

20170808_VIE6.jpg

20170808_VIE7.jpg

20170808_VIE8.jpg

20170808_VIE9.jpg

20170808_VIE10.jpg

20170808_VIE11.jpg

20170808_VIE12.jpg

20170808_VIE13.jpg

20170808_VIE14.jpg

20170808_VIE15.jpg

20170808_VIE16.jpg

20170808_VIE17.jpg

20170808_VIE18.jpg

20170808_VIE19.jpg

20170808_VIE20.jpg

20170808_VIE21.jpg

20170808_VIE22.jpg

20170808_VIE23.jpg

20170808_VIE24.jpg

20170808_VIE25.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4480(II)_Salesian Way of the Youth Ministry

Animation visit of Fr. Fabio Attard in Vietnam By Fr. Phuoc Nguyen, SDB K’Long, Vietnam, 27 August 2017 -- The Salesians of Don Bosco and the members of Salesian Family were blessed by the precious presence of Fr. Fabbio Attard, General Cou...
    Date2017.08.27 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views606 file
    Read More
  2. 4480(I)_Seminar to Update Pedagogical Skills

Intercommission seminar of Formation and Youth Ministry By Fr. Phuoc Nguyen, SDB Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, 27 August 2017 -- In line of the commitment of the Salesian Province of Vietnam-Mongolia to enter the new phase of its services to the yo...
    Date2017.08.27 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views492 file
    Read More
  3. 4470_Graces of Salesian Apostolic Consecration 2017

23 new Salesian novices, 10 first professions and 14 perpetual professions By Fr. Joseph Phuoc, SDB Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 14 August 2017 -- Summer is always a time for divine blessings upon the Salesian Province of Vietnam-Mongolia. Th...
    Date2017.08.17 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views726 file
    Read More
  4. 4460(II)_International reflection on the 'UNITY SUMMER CAMP 2017'

VIDES Korea and Salesian Youth of Vietnam By Br. Thien Phong, SDB Dong Thuan, Vietnam, 8 August 2017 -- After two months of summer activities in My Thuan (Vietnam) and after two days short but intense meeting with the VIDES Korea in Don Bos...
    Date2017.08.08 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views615 file
    Read More
  5. 4451(III)_Vietnam – Korea cultural exchange camp

By Bro. Thien Phong, SDB Dong Thuan, Vietnam, 27 July 2017 -- The two days long Vietnam – Korea cultural exchange camp took place in joyful and friendly atmosphere in the campus of Dong Thuan Don Bosco Vocation Training center on 26-27th Ju...
    Date2017.07.29 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1134 file
    Read More
  6. 4450(III)_The 'Majcen Day'

Every 30th of the month Vietnam province celebrates By Our Own Correspondent HCM City, Vietnam, 28 July 2017 -- After the extraordinary visitation of Vietnam - Mongolia Province, the Rector major asked in his official letter to celebrate ev...
    Date2017.07.28 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views521 file
    Read More
  7. 4448(II)_Enchanted by the Salesian working youth in Vietnam

Salesian French visitors in Vietnam By Br. Thien Phong Dong Thuan, Vietnam, 26 July 2017 -- Fr. Daniel Federspiel, SDB provincial of France- Southern Belgium with Salesian Brother Sebastien Robert (webmaster) are visiting in these days some...
    Date2017.07.26 CategoryVIE Reply2 Views1033 file
    Read More
  8. 4446_“Priest does not seek what belongs to him, but what belongs to Jesus Christ!”

Priestly Ordination in Vietnam By Fr. Mạng Lưới Thông Tin Gia đình Salêdiêng, SDB Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 22 July 2017 -- This is the reminder of the ordaining bishop, Most Reverend Alphonse Nguyen Huu Long, Coadjutor Bishop of Hung Hoa,...
    Date2017.07.24 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views857 file
    Read More
  9. 4444(I)_Mekong Delta Orphanage is growing

Growing Like Pinardi Shed - Can Gio By Fr. Joseph Dang, SDB Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 22 July 2017 -- The Salesian can't survive without the poor young people. Already the first Salesian work in Hanoi (1952) was an Orphanage of St. Theresa...
    Date2017.07.23 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views619 file
    Read More
  10. 4442(III)_Don Bosco spirit is flourishing in the periphery

Northern frontier of Vietnam province By Ngan Son Parish Lang Son, Vietnam, 21 July 2017 -- Since last 2011, a small missionary parish of Ngan Son (Lang Son diocese) was entrusted to the care of the Salesians of Don Bosco. Since that time t...
    Date2017.07.21 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1158 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 38 Next
/ 38