?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 691 Comment 0

20170531_VIE.jpg

By VIE provincial secretary

HCM City, Vietnam, 30 May 2017 -- Between 1952 and 1975 some 44 missionaries were sent by the Rector Major of by the Provincial of China to this former Delegation of CIN province. After the revolution and unification of the country there are only Vietnamese confreres in Vietnam. However they treasure the memories of those pioneers very much. One of them is now a senior missionary in the heart of Africa - in Cameroon. His recent malaria health story went around the social media. We ask the AustraLasia readers to pray for Fr. Germain, who spent his best young years in Vietnam.

Dear Friends

I give you some news from Father Germain Lagger that I have just obtained from his colleagues in Cameroon. A month ago, he traveled from Ebolowa to the provincial house in Yaoundé with a strong palu (malaria /malaria) that had given him intestinal problems and head.

After a few days he was able to return to Ebolowa. Alas, he has relapsed now with a strong typhoid. New stay at the hospital. Treatment well diagnosed in Ebolowa. He is anxious and nervous because of the disease. He sleeps badly and this anxiety more. He is given sleeping pills and seems to sleep better. The treatment seems to be making its course and he has already eaten something this morning.

He will stay at the provincial house for a few days to follow up and be close to a hospital that has our confidence (more efficient than Ebolowa's.) Let's hope for a good evolution, I believe that the next few days it should recover A little and get better.

Another concern of Father Germain: He invested himself enormously in the enlargement of the Séminaire des Prénovices, the addition of an additional floor on the immense building. Huge Works! You know Father Germain: he is more worried about the realization and financing of this work than for his own health.

So I beg you to have a thought for our common friend - thank you also to your entourage. Cordial greetings and I hope I can give you better news soon.

20170531_VIE1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4419(I)_Openning the 3rd Football Championship 2017 for the Young

By Bro. Nguyen Nam, SDB & Minh Fr. Tuan, SDB Hoa An, Viet Nam, 26 June 2017 -- At the artificial football field in Hoa An (Bac Giang Province, Northern Viet Nam) began the 3rd football chapionship 2017 for the young. This football champ...
    Date2017.06.26 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views548 file
    Read More
  2. 4413_Model for the Vocation Training - Dong Thuan

132 new Bosconians enter the society with full energy By Br. Thien Phong, SDB Dong Thuan, Vietnam -- On June 10, the Dong Thuan Private Vocational Training Center (Director Fr. Thomas Vu Kim Long), was held the closing ceremony of the schoo...
    Date2017.06.21 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views871 file
    Read More
  3. 4410(II)_The Memorable day of graduation ceremony 2017

By Fr. JB Phat, SDB Bảo Lộc, Vietnam, 10 June 2017 -- At the early morning of June 10, 2017, the atmosphere was a festive day to all Salesians, teachers and students, especially the graduators. It began with the Eucharist at the Salesian ch...
    Date2017.06.16 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1002 file
    Read More
  4. 4394(II)_Prayers for Fr. Germain Lagger are requested

By VIE provincial secretary HCM City, Vietnam, 30 May 2017 -- Between 1952 and 1975 some 44 missionaries were sent by the Rector Major of by the Provincial of China to this former Delegation of CIN province. After the revolution and unifica...
    Date2017.05.31 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views691 file
    Read More
  5. 4381(III)_Holy competition to express christian devotion to Our Lady

By Fr. Jos Phuoc, SDB Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam 13 May 2017 -- As the Church in Vietnam is half-way through May, the month devoted to Mary, the patron Saint under the title Our Lady of Lavang, Help of Christians, the parishioners, the children a...
    Date2017.05.16 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1040 file
    Read More
  6. 4370(I)_Warming the hearts of Salesian Brother

Provincial Encounter of the Salesian Brothers in Vietnam By Bro. Dominic Nam, SDB HCM City, Vietnam, 28 April 2017 -- After a six years break was organized a province level encounter of Salesian Brothers in Vietnam on April 28, 2017 in the ...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views492 file
    Read More
  7. 4368(I)_EAO Congress preparation (9)

VIE province report: The most numerous province of ASC in the EAO region By Mr. Peter Le Thanh Bao, ASC Viet Nam ASC Provincial coordinator HCM City, Vietnam, 2 May 2017 -- The Association of Salesian Cooperators in Vietnam was founded in 1...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views529 file
    Read More
  8. 4365(IV)_Quo Vadis Salesian Parish in Vietnam?

The journey is going on! By Our Own Correspondent HCM City, Vietnam, 29 April 2017 -- 42 years ago a variety of small, humble, poor and mainly rural parishes in Vietnam became the first opportunity for the young Vice-province a good chance ...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views541 file
    Read More
  9. 4361(II)_Conclusion of the Extraordinary Visitation

By Fr. Joseph Phuoc, SDB HCM City, Vietnam. 26 April 2017 -- For almost three months, the Province of Vietnam-Mongolia has benefited from the extraordinary visitation of Fr. Vaclav Klement, the EOA Regional Councilor. It seems to be a marat...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views557 file
    Read More
  10. 4361(I)_Volunteer experience gives a deeper meaning to my life

Interview with Salesian missionary volunteers in the EAO (2) By Nicholas Ynami, (SUO) - Salesian Lay Missioner Balat, Vietnam, 27 April 2017 -- Your motivation to embark on the SLM journey? My SLM journey really started with my love for the...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views470 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 38 Next
/ 38