Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 878 Comment 0

20180803_THA.jpg

Interview with Bro. Carlo Bacalla, SDB

By Our Own Correspondent

Vientiane, Laos, 2 August 2018 -- Don Bosco Vocation Training Center and Running for Charity: Brother Carlo originally from the FIS province (Philippines South) was for 13 years a missionary in Western Africa (AFW province) and now for past five years is a member of the first SDB community in Laos - Vientiane: Don Bosco Vocation Training Center (THA province).

What makes you joyful as Salesian Brother?

Two experiences make me happy: The thought that I am helping to make a better world by preparing these young people that come to our Training Center to become good and productive citizens of their country. The fact that I can spend my Sunday morning doing the thing that I love- the Spirituality of SPORTS! No duty to celebrate Sunday Masses!

What do you treasure most of your missionary life in the Africa or/ and in Laos?

In Africa, the experience of seeing so much poverty and misery but God was always there. The Adventure of living a life of fear and readiness to die. My 13 years in Africa have taught me the best lessons in life!

In Laos, the experience of having shared my life, gifts, and talents to the young people and friends. My passion for Running has brought me closer to the Lao people and to my Creator. I learned so much about the Lao people on the road with my running shoes on!

What did you learn from the youth of Laos?

Honestly, PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE AND PATIENCE…

What does sustain your Salesian vocation?

My prayer life and the belief that I am doing something good for humanity. I can connect and commune myself easily with the Divine when running in the trail surrounded by nature.

Human imperfections ABOUND in the communities I lived. Frustrations and disappointments in the apostolate are real. How I survived so far? I believe that the solid initial formation I received has kept me going until now. Sports have been a good outlet in difficult moments.

As first community member in a new mission country (=with no local vocation until now), what is your contribution to the vocation culture or promotion in Laos?

It’s the life of WITNESSING. The difficulty in expressing myself in the language of the ears is more understood through the language of the eyes, and more felt through the language of the heart that is sensitive to all the good things I do.

Related article

20180803_THA1.jpg

20180803_THA2.jpg

20180803_THA3.jpg

20180803_THA4.jpg

20180803_THA5.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4835(II)_62 years of joyful religious life

Interview with Bro. Paul Chun, SDB By Fr. Anthony Piya, SDB Bangkok, Thailand, 29 August 2018 -- The Don Bosco Bangkok community with it's complete charismatic setting of Home (boarding house), School (Technical school), Playground (all pos...
    Date2018.08.30 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1546 file
    Read More
  2. 4834(II)_First fruits of charismatic dialogue in Thailand

Apostolic consecration and Lay mission partners By Our Own Correspondent Bangkok, Thailand, 28 August 2018 -- Each extraordinary visitation is according the letter of the Rector Major a special time to foster the communion of each confrere ...
    Date2018.08.29 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1002 file
    Read More
  3. 4833(II)_Dominic Savio, Youth Model

By THA SC Bangkok, Thailand, 24 August 2018 -- Saint Dominic School celebrated Saint Dominic's Day, the patron of the school to remind students of their good deeds. It is a good example of showing how to behave and act as a good youth. On A...
    Date2018.08.28 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1314 file
    Read More
  4. 4831(III)_Important time of growing in communion with the Rector Major

Thailand-Cambodia-Laos (THA) Province extraordinary visitation starts By Fr. Ekasit Andrea, SDB Bangkok, Thailand, 25 August 2018 -- Today on August 25, Fr Václav Klement, Councillor for the East Asia-Oceania Region, started his Extraordina...
    Date2018.08.26 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views942 file
    Read More
  5. 4830(II)_Catechetical Commission of Salesian Family Meeting

By Fr. Andrea Ekasit, SDB Bangkok, Thailand, 23 August 23 2018 -- Fr. Ekasit Talhakultorn who is in charge of Catechism for the THA province invited people who are in charge of Catechism of Salesian Family in Thailand which consist of Sales...
    Date2018.08.25 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views637 file
    Read More
  6. 4828(II)_The 6th Cycling Event Pakgred – Bang Sai

Young visually impaired of Bang Sai Royal Center By Fr. Dran Nolasco, SDB Bang Sai, Thailand, 19 August 2018 -- The Skills Development Center for the Blind, in partnershipwith the Muang Thong Cycling Club, organized the 6th Cycling Event: P...
    Date2018.08.24 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views832 file
    Read More
  7. 4827(II)_Life Skills Market

By Fr. Andrea Ekasit, SDB Hat yai, Thailand, 20 August 2018 -- Saengthong Vitthaya School provided Life Skills Market on 20 August 2018. This event encouraged students to practice useful skills in real life. It included 30 activities which ...
    Date2018.08.23 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1855 file
    Read More
  8. 4806(I)_Learning patience on the roads of Laos

Interview with Bro. Carlo Bacalla, SDB By Our Own Correspondent Vientiane, Laos, 2 August 2018 -- Don Bosco Vocation Training Center and Running for Charity: Brother Carlo originally from the FIS province (Philippines South) was for 13 year...
    Date2018.08.03 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views878 file
    Read More
  9. 4801(II)_The Golden and Silver Jubilee of the Ordination

Salesian in Thailand By Fr. Andrea Ekasit, SDB Bangkok, Thailand -- On Saturday 28 July, 2018, family, friends, Salesian Family and SDBs from all over the country gathered at St.John Bosco Church, Bangkok to give thanks and celebrate 50 yea...
    Date2018.07.29 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1074 file
    Read More
  10. 4800_Thai Salesian Bulletin Team’s Meeting

By Fr. Andrea Ekasit, SDB Bangkok, Thailand -- On Wednesday, 25 July 2018, the Thai Salesian Bulletin team gathered for the first time at the Salesian Provincial House, Bangkok for an annual planning. The meeting was led by Fr.Ekasit Talhak...
    Date2018.07.28 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1139 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31 Next
/ 31