Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 634 Comment 0

20170824_THA.jpg

Inspiration by the Seminar on Initial proclamation of Jesus

By Fr. John Tamayo, SDB

Hua Hin, Thailand, 23 August 2017 -- After our seminar on Initial Proclamation in Sampran, Bangkok, I got inspired by the sharing of the Salesian Missionaries working in EAO and South Asia Regions. Upon returning to my parish in Hua Hin, I tried to put into practice what we have learned. I looked for the poor families living within the parish vicinity.

This is my first visit to this family whose son is handicapped since birth. The father collects garbage leftovers and resells them to support his family of three. Listening to their story, they had been moving from place to place depending on the generosity of the owner of the land.

I told them that I will visit them again and try to find a way how to help his handicapped son of 35 years. Hopefully, I can find benefactors to give a hand for this family. I will try to visit them once a week to give this family a moral support and friendship.

I am very thankful for the Seminar on Initial Proclamation that gave me clear motivations in doing the Parish Ministry. I had just been new in the Parish for 3 months. Formerly, the Rector of the Salesian School was also the Parish Priest. Now, the Parish has its own Pastor full time.

In the first two months, I made a survey of the people going to church by asking them to give their name, address and telephone number. We are a community of 430 parishioners. I am now trying to group them into communities that we can form small christian communities (BEC) according to the Plenary Council of the Catholic Church in Thailand (AD 2015).

Right now, we are forming the Lay People to have more participation in the life of the Church. New groups are coming up such as the Legion of Mary, Vincent de Paul Society, Family Group,Youth Group and the Parish Pastoral Council.

As asked by Pope Francis, I am trying to know my sheep, accompany them and ready for any service we can offer to lead the flock to Jesus. St. Luke gives me the right direction for the signs of the Kingdom of God. "The poor have the Gospel preached to them. The Lord hears the cry of the Poor". Trusting in the Lord’s grace, we can make our Parish a real Community of Life and Love that witnesses to God’s Love for His people.

20170824_THA1.jpg

20170824_THA2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4638(I)_Provincial Community Day 2018

40 THA Confreres together By Br. Saraphan Kaesarer, SDB Banpong, Thailand, 8 February 2018 -- The Salesian of St Paul Province, THA (Thailand - Laos - Cambodia) celebrated it Provincial Day. This year the Banpong - Nazareth House (Senior As...
    Date2018.02.11 CategoryTHA Reply2 Views740 file
    Read More
  2. 4627(II)_A meaningful vocation experience in Cambodia

Besucco Boys experience celebrates 10 years By Cl. Joshua Pilaku, SDB Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 27 January 2018 -- In 2007 Fr. Leonardo Ochoa, SDB, then Rector of Don Bosco Phnom Penh, created a group of resident boys. "I wanted an atmosphere w...
    Date2018.01.31 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views579 file
    Read More
  3. 4620(I)_Get know Don Bosco

Vocation promotion in north east of Thailand By Br. Saraphan Kaeser Banpong, Thailand, 23 January 2018 -- During the Novena of the feast of Saint John Bosco our 5 young Salesians (four Priests and one Salesian Brother) were going out as a t...
    Date2018.01.24 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views640 file
    Read More
  4. 4579(I)_Ninth Salesian Games with 3000 participants

By Bro. Saraphan Kaeser Abraham, SDB Bangkok, Thailand, 9 December 2017 -- Salesians of Thai Province gathered together to celebrate the opening ceremony of the 9th Salesian Games at Hua Hin Vithayalai school. The ceremony was presided by F...
    Date2017.12.11 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views966 file
    Read More
  5. 4518(III)_Youth Camp in north of Thailand

Chiang Mai Youth Camp 2017 By Bro. Saraphan Kaeser, SDB Chiang Mai, Thailand, 9 October 2017 -- The youth pastoral team of the Thai Province organised Salesian experience camping for tribal people of the North of Thailand. Participant are S...
    Date2017.10.10 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1078 file
    Read More
  6. 4479(I)_The Funeral of Father Albert Gustav Roosens, SDB

The 91 – 60 – 60 Missionary By Fr. Aaron Alcoseba, SDB Banpong, Thailand, 16 August 2017 -- The long life of 91 years old, more than 60 years of priesthood and more than 60 years of missionary life in this ‘land of the free – Thailand’ woul...
    Date2017.08.26 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views837 file
    Read More
  7. 4478(II)_Fr. Joseph Sanong Chornthong passed away

By Fr. Kriengsak Joseph, SDB Hua Hin, Thailand -- On the 22nd August 2017 passed away in Hua Hin, Thailand, to the House of the Father our beloved Salesian Priest Sanong Chornthong at the age of 82 years - after 57 years of Salesian religio...
    Date2017.08.25 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views644 file
    Read More
  8. 4477(I)_Visiting needy families in Hua Hin

Inspiration by the Seminar on Initial proclamation of Jesus By Fr. John Tamayo, SDB Hua Hin, Thailand, 23 August 2017 -- After our seminar on Initial Proclamation in Sampran, Bangkok, I got inspired by the sharing of the Salesian Missionari...
    Date2017.08.24 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views634 file
    Read More
  9. 4473(II)_Raising the missionary awareness of the Salesians

Annual meeting of the PDMA 2017: New missionary delegates with new enthusiasm - Men on fire! By Our Own Correspondent Sam Phran, Thailand, 19 August 2017 -- Since 2015 (Seoul, Korea) is held every year the annual regional meeting of the EAO...
    Date2017.08.20 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views660 file
    Read More
  10. 4472(II)_Way Forward for Initial Proclamation: Animation-Awareness-Synergy

EAO and South Asia Initial Proclamation: Way Forward (V) By Our Own Correspondent Sam Phran, Thailand, 18 August 2017 -- On the fifth and last full day (August 18) of the EAO and South Asia Inter-regional Missionary Animation and Formation ...
    Date2017.08.19 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views777 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 31 Next
/ 31