?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 793 Comment 0

20180920_PGS.jpg

By Fr Ambrose Pereira, SDB

Sabama, PNG, 16 September 2018 -- It was because of refugee, Raja Nanda Kanna, that, I was able to meet a Salesian Past pupil.

The 43rd Independence Day of Papua New Guinea was celebrated on the 16th September, 2018. After the Eucharistic celebration at Sabama, it was wonderful to meet Raja Nanda Kanna. He has been a refugee on Manus Island for the past 5 years and in Port Moresby for the past three months.

Earlier he spent 2 years in Indonesia and 2 years in Malaysia. While on Manus Island, he was baptised by Fr Clement Taulan. In Port Moresby he accompanied me a few times as I went to celebrate mass at Pari. The ways of the Lord are amazing. The presence of Raja brought me in contact with Raymond Pythias, past pupil of Don Bosco Technical School, (1991-94) now manager of Lodge 10. Raymond welcomed me, gave me a delicious meal and always made time to share the experiences of his school days and connect it to his interaction with people, especially the refugees. Raymond has been a wonderful mentor to the many refugees at Lodge 10.

Raja, has been a very grateful person. He was keen to say a big thank you to the community at Pari before he left for the United States. He gave them two bags of rice. He also expressed his gratitude to the group of boys he played volleyball with on a regular basis. He recalled the many who have lost their lives here in Papua New Guinea as they waited their clearance.

Wishing him a safe and enjoyable flight to the United States. Gods blessings as the Lord opens up new avenues for him.

20180920_PGS1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4876(I)_“Come help us” a call from Ranadi landfill youths

Going beyond our boundaries touch the lives of those around us By Fr Srimal Priyanga, SDB Henderson, Solomon Islands, 7 October 2018 -- Ramadi is a suburb of Honiara, Solomon Islands and is located West of Panatina, East Honiara. It is know...
    Date2018.10.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1306 file
    Read More
  2. 4871_There is hope

Caritas Technical School, Boroko By Ms Esther Mwayemwana Boroko, PNG, 5 October 2018 -- Ms Esther Mwayemwana hails from the Trobriand Islands (MBP). She has been teaching at Caritas for the past 10 years and has helped several young ladies ...
    Date2018.10.06 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1071 file
    Read More
  3. 4869(III)_Committed to Life

St Anne Skill Training Institute, Sideia, Alotau By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Alotau, PNG, 3 October 2018 -- “I have learnt that contraception is against the teaching of the Church. Furthermore, the full implications of side effects that are...
    Date2018.10.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views631 file
    Read More
  4. 4862(I)_“Ol Yangpela blong Nau Yumi wokabout wantaim Kraist long wok na Pasin"

Don Bosco Simbu Technical College hosts Youth Gathering for Diocese of Kundiawa By Bernard Kaiau Simbu, PNG, 23 September 2018 -- The Don Bosco Simbu Technical College (DBSTC) opened its doors for 1500 young people from the Diocese of Kundi...
    Date2018.09.26 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views7600 file
    Read More
  5. 4856(II)_The ways of the Lord are amazing

By Fr Ambrose Pereira, SDB Sabama, PNG, 16 September 2018 -- It was because of refugee, Raja Nanda Kanna, that, I was able to meet a Salesian Past pupil. The 43rd Independence Day of Papua New Guinea was celebrated on the 16th September, 20...
    Date2018.09.20 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views793 file
    Read More
  6. 4855(IV)_Following the Lord’s call the Don Bosco way

Sr. Augusta's vocation story By Sr. Augusta Gaglu Port Moresby, PNG, 18 September 2018 -- In 2014, I was accepted to attend Don Bosco Technological Institute and was housed with the Salesian Sisters. My stay there taught me a lot about Don ...
    Date2018.09.19 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1147 file
    Read More
  7. 4853(I)_“Salesian Life; Simply Da Best”

Inculturation in PNG society By Cl. Conrad Terry Vamilat, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 15 Septemver 2018 -- I come from a matrilineal society in the Gazelle Peninsula of East New Britain. Matrilineal refers to a family relationship that can be tr...
    Date2018.09.17 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1265 file
    Read More
  8. 4848(II)_Missionary Experience as Discernment

Way to the missions through PNG experience By Our Own Correspondent Port Moresby, PNG, 11 September 2018 -- Today, September 11th, young Cl. Paulus Bataona (aka "Noce") from the newly born Vice-province of Indonesia (INA) has safely landed ...
    Date2018.09.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1140 file
    Read More
  9. 4847(III)_Discerning for a Life of Service

Wantok Bosco 2018 By Ms. Jessa Mariel Dela Peña Photos: Jessa Mariel Dela Peña, Palep Bigiglen, Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 9 September 2018 -- Bosconians from Salesians schools came together for the first Wantok Bosco celeb...
    Date2018.09.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1756 file
    Read More
  10. 4841_“The Almighty has done great things for me.”

First Wantok Bosco launched in Solomon Islands By Sr. Sesilia Sala, FMA Honiara, Solomon Islands, 31 August 2018 -- The Don Bosco Technical Institute in Central Guadalcanal (Solomon Islands) was packed with nearly four hundred youth from th...
    Date2018.09.05 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1024 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 54 Next
/ 54