Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
PGS
2018.08.08 05:09

4811(II)_“Youth serving Youth”

Views 964 Comment 0

20180808_PGS20.jpg

Don Bosco Animators Training for DBSTC students

By Jascintine Nokondi

Kumgi, Papua New Guinea, 5 August 2018 -- Don Bosco Animators Training for DBSTC students on Friday 4th of August to 05th of August 2018. An Animators Training program was held at the gym last weekend by Miss Jessa. The program was particularly about how be a good leader full of life. The program started on Friday night 4th of August, 6:30-9 o’clock and ended on Saturday evening 4pm.

On Friday night we had orientation/ introduction to the program and it started with a movie titled “Wonder”. The movie was about a little boy who was born with deformities in his face. He went through 27 surgeries to get a normal face but unfortunately he could not. Hisparents loved him and thought him at home, he was home schooled for 4 years and after that his mom decided to put him in a regular/ordinary school. Despite his disability he was very optimistic and had a lot of self-drive motivations. It was a very inspiring movie that thought us good lessons, it thought us to stand out and be good leaders full of life. We ended the night after reflecting on the movie. It was good.

On Saturday we were introduced to the Don Bosco training program booklet which was also presented as power point. The theme of the program is “Youth serving Youth”.

During the morning session we went through the booklet. Miss Jessa talked about a lot of things which we lack in life as a leader. She told us that, "As leaders we have to uphold our integrity and lead students happily. Being a leader doesn’t mean that we will have to give them orders and tell them to follow us always but we have to be good role models so that they can follow. Be happy always, because happy people lead happy teams and never live in the shadows. Don’t be afraid of doing the right thing, even if everyone is going the wrong way as a leader you must always stand out for what is right and bring out the best in yourself so that people will start to trust and respect you as a reliable leader. Real integrity is when you’re doing the right thing knowing that no one sees you. She also thought us about the secrets of life and the code of champions." These are some of the things we’ve learnt. It was not a waste, we did acquire some good knowledge to reflect on our lives.

After the first session we went for lunch. Lunch was provided at the Salesians area so we went down there and had lunch there. After lunch we played small games with objects and reflected them with the lessons we were thought. At the end of the games and all the programs the school president represented all the leaders and gave a speech to acknowledge Miss Jessa for her great work. He presented a green Goroka bilum to her and then we went for picture taking and we ended the program.

It was a good program which helped us a lot. It showed us where our weakness were and it help us to reflect on ourselves and make adjustments in our self so that we can be good and reliable leaders in our school, our homes and our society as a whole.

20180808_PGS21.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4811(II)_“Youth serving Youth”

Don Bosco Animators Training for DBSTC students By Jascintine Nokondi Kumgi, Papua New Guinea, 5 August 2018 -- Don Bosco Animators Training for DBSTC students on Friday 4th of August to 05th of August 2018. An Animators Training program wa...
    Date2018.08.08 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views964 file
    Read More
  2. 4811(I)_Youth Alive! Celebrating Life and Love

International Short Film Festival an inspiration By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB and Abigail Seta Port Moresby, PNG, 4 August 2018 -- The Second International Short Film Festival (ISFF18) was held on 4th August, 2018 at the Paradise Cinema, Vis...
    Date2018.08.08 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views709 file
    Read More
  3. 4808(III)_What kind of Bosconians for the youth of PNG?

Don Bosco Alumni of PNG dream to host EAO regional congress 2024 By Mr. Martin Dai, Bosconians Port Moresby, PNG, 4 August 2018 -- Last Saturday, August 4 about 50 Bosconians (Don Bosco Alumni) gathered for their annual encounter and format...
    Date2018.08.05 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1042 file
    Read More
  4. 4807(II)_Growing in communion with the whole Congregation

PGS Viceprovince grows along the Road Map 2017-2023 By Our Own Correspondent Port Moresby, PNG, 4 August 2018 -- One of the numerically smallest Salesians circumscriptions, the Viceprovince of Blessed Philip Rinaldi of PNG and Solomon Islan...
    Date2018.08.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1433 file
    Read More
  5. 4805(III)_“I love to get in contact with the children and youths”

Interview with Bro. Reto Wanner, SDB By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 1 Agust 2018 -- Bro. Reto Wanner sdb was born on June 10, 1972. He belonged to the Evangelical Protestant Church, Ulrich Zwingli. Drawn to serve, he opted t...
    Date2018.08.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views721 file
    Read More
  6. 4786(I)_An Encounter and Celebration of 16 Cultures

PGS Province Day 2018 By Asp. Palep Bigiglen Port Moresby, PGS, 7 July 2018 -- The Vice-Province of Blessed Philip Rinaldi celebrated its second Province Day. The celebration had two parts: the first part was an enjoyable outing by the beac...
    Date2018.07.13 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1208 file
    Read More
  7. 4785(I)_A Grace Filled Retreat - PGS 2018

By Fr. Moise Paluku, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 7 July 2018 -- 31 participants gathered for the Annual Retreat, 1st to 7th July, 2018, at the Emmaus Conference Centre, Port Moresby. The group was joined by six Salesian sisters. The Retreat dwel...
    Date2018.07.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1963 file
    Read More
  8. 4780(I)_First Melanesian Salesians’ Encounter

By Cl. Conrad Vamilat, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 30 June 2018 -- We seven Melanesian Salesians had an encounter together with the Provincial of the PGS Province Fr. Alfred Maravilla, SDB from 27th-30th of June at the Provincial House Port More...
    Date2018.07.06 CategoryPGS Reply1 Views1211 file
    Read More
  9. 4755(I)_Missionary Experience as Discernment

A Japanese young Salesian talking about his missionary experience in PGS By Cl. Philip Neri Tsutsumi, SDB Araimiri, PNG, 10 June 2018 -- I was born in Fukuoka, Japan. In 2010 I became a Junior aspirant. After my novitiate in Chofu I made my...
    Date2018.06.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1215 file
    Read More
  10. 4753_“To Jesus through Mary!”

A Marian Camp at East New Britain By Remegio Harold A. Argante Rabaul, PGS, 3 June 2018 -- 167 Catholic students from seven different schools in East New Britain province gathered together on 1-3 June to attend the first ever Marian Camp 20...
    Date2018.06.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1193 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 54 Next
/ 54