PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1042 Comment 0
20180805_PGS.jpg

Don Bosco Alumni of PNG 

dream to host EAO regional congress 2024

By Mr. Martin Dai, Bosconians

Port Moresby, PNG, 4 August 2018 -- Last Saturday, August 4 about 50 Bosconians (Don Bosco Alumni) gathered for their annual encounter and formation in DBTS (Don Bosco Technical School) in Gabutu - Port Moresby (Papua New Guinea) together with their Delegate Fr. Angel Sanchez (PGS provincial delegate for the SF) and provincial Fr. Alfred Maravilla. The whole even was animated by the EAO regional councilor on his annual visit in the Viceprovince of Blessed Philip Rinaldi.

In his introduction, PGS Provincial Superior Fr. Alfred compared the present status of the Don Bosco Alumni to the generator, that is not yet fully in consistent motion and needs some oil, maintenance and care. As animating Salesian he challenged all present with the possible hosting of the 2024 EAO Regional Congress of the Bosconians in PNG - Port Moresby, comparing it to the APEC (Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation) Summit that will be held next November in PNG capital (https://www.apec2018png.org).

After sharing few EAO regional news especially about the Association of DB Alumni and animation about the Salesian Bulletin (2nd issue of PGS was published recently), Fr. Klement introduced to the participants (3 Salesian Cooperators and 50 Bosconians) the theme and dynamic of SDB 28th General Chapter: What kind of Salesians for the Youth of today? And the whole group watched the recent video message of the Rector Major about the GC28 (link).

Then follow the sharing about the adapted question: 'What kind of Bosconians for the young people of PNG?' Split in smaller groups the Alumni shared in very creative and serious way their insights and conviction. First of all they 'translated' this question from their point of view: "What do I have to offer to the young people of PNG? What do you want to see in me? Who is our role model?"

In the final part all came together to grasp the rich sharing of smaller groups in the assembly:

• Our role model is Don Bosco, certainly!
  • Bosconians in PNG need to stand up with a fearless attitude, discipline and listenful heart.
  • What we learnt from Don Bosco in the school, we need to bring it out - share in the society.
  • Our impact on the larger community is foremost through life witness, being model for others
  • It's a very challenging question, to be a model demands from us, as fragile humans who are failing, to be courageous to raise up again and our life like Don Bosco
  • We are the agents of change in our society

As tradition, the whole afternoon meeting starting with sharing the food and ended after foto session also at the table. At present there are 5 large Don Bosco schools in PNG, but only two of them have a local Unit of Alumni. In the projected path towards 2024 the Bosconians aim at more communication among themselves, helping to start other local Units and is possible also the PNG Federation of Don Bosco Alumni.

Related news article:

20180805_PGS1.jpg

20180805_PGS2.jpg

20180805_PGS3.jpg

20180805_PGS4.jpg

20180805_PGS5.jpg

20180805_PGS6.jpg

20180805_PGS7.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4811(I)_Youth Alive! Celebrating Life and Love

International Short Film Festival an inspiration By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB and Abigail Seta Port Moresby, PNG, 4 August 2018 -- The Second International Short Film Festival (ISFF18) was held on 4th August, 2018 at the Paradise Cinema, Vis...
    Date2018.08.08 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views708 file
    Read More
  2. 4808(III)_What kind of Bosconians for the youth of PNG?

Don Bosco Alumni of PNG dream to host EAO regional congress 2024 By Mr. Martin Dai, Bosconians Port Moresby, PNG, 4 August 2018 -- Last Saturday, August 4 about 50 Bosconians (Don Bosco Alumni) gathered for their annual encounter and format...
    Date2018.08.05 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1042 file
    Read More
  3. 4807(II)_Growing in communion with the whole Congregation

PGS Viceprovince grows along the Road Map 2017-2023 By Our Own Correspondent Port Moresby, PNG, 4 August 2018 -- One of the numerically smallest Salesians circumscriptions, the Viceprovince of Blessed Philip Rinaldi of PNG and Solomon Islan...
    Date2018.08.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1433 file
    Read More
  4. 4805(III)_“I love to get in contact with the children and youths”

Interview with Bro. Reto Wanner, SDB By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 1 Agust 2018 -- Bro. Reto Wanner sdb was born on June 10, 1972. He belonged to the Evangelical Protestant Church, Ulrich Zwingli. Drawn to serve, he opted t...
    Date2018.08.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views721 file
    Read More
  5. 4786(I)_An Encounter and Celebration of 16 Cultures

PGS Province Day 2018 By Asp. Palep Bigiglen Port Moresby, PGS, 7 July 2018 -- The Vice-Province of Blessed Philip Rinaldi celebrated its second Province Day. The celebration had two parts: the first part was an enjoyable outing by the beac...
    Date2018.07.13 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1207 file
    Read More
  6. 4785(I)_A Grace Filled Retreat - PGS 2018

By Fr. Moise Paluku, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 7 July 2018 -- 31 participants gathered for the Annual Retreat, 1st to 7th July, 2018, at the Emmaus Conference Centre, Port Moresby. The group was joined by six Salesian sisters. The Retreat dwel...
    Date2018.07.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1963 file
    Read More
  7. 4780(I)_First Melanesian Salesians’ Encounter

By Cl. Conrad Vamilat, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 30 June 2018 -- We seven Melanesian Salesians had an encounter together with the Provincial of the PGS Province Fr. Alfred Maravilla, SDB from 27th-30th of June at the Provincial House Port More...
    Date2018.07.06 CategoryPGS Reply1 Views1211 file
    Read More
  8. 4755(I)_Missionary Experience as Discernment

A Japanese young Salesian talking about his missionary experience in PGS By Cl. Philip Neri Tsutsumi, SDB Araimiri, PNG, 10 June 2018 -- I was born in Fukuoka, Japan. In 2010 I became a Junior aspirant. After my novitiate in Chofu I made my...
    Date2018.06.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1215 file
    Read More
  9. 4753_“To Jesus through Mary!”

A Marian Camp at East New Britain By Remegio Harold A. Argante Rabaul, PGS, 3 June 2018 -- 167 Catholic students from seven different schools in East New Britain province gathered together on 1-3 June to attend the first ever Marian Camp 20...
    Date2018.06.09 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1193 file
    Read More
  10. 4745(II)_Always and forever a proud Bosconian

Don Bosco Simbu Technical College Celebrates Salesian Mission Day By Mr. D. Kagl Kumgi, PNG, 1 June 2018 -- Back in 1815 16th August, a seed falls on the earth. It’s a seed with great and promising future. The seed will bloom and spread acr...
    Date2018.06.03 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views868 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 54 Next
/ 54