Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1299 Comment 0

20180406_PGS.jpg

Cl. Philip Tsutsumi reached PNG for his first year of practical training

By Our Own Correspondent

Port Moresby, PNG, 6 April 2018 -- Young Japanese Salesian, Cl. Philip Tsutsumi reached Papua New Guinea last April 5, 2018 for his first year of practical training. During first two weeks he will stay in the Port Moresby (East Boroko) provincial house for his initial orientation offered to all incoming missionaries to the Viceprovince according the PNG and Solomon Islands (PGS) provincial directory.

With the welcoming words the PGS Provincial Fr. Alfred Maravilla assures: "I hope that this 8 months long missionary experience (until December 9, 2018) with the accompaniment of Araimiri community rector will help to assess the missionary vocation of our young confrere. We are only a small Viceprovince with very few personnel. But we are very happy to offer this service of accompaniment and assesment (finalizing the missionary vocation discernment for the Congregation. Thanks for your trust in us!"

The missionary vocation journey of Cl. Tsutsumi started already long time ago during his high school studies, when his parish priest brought group of Catholic students for exposure to Thailand. And also few weeks of his novitiate shared in the international and multicultural environment of Cebu (2015) contributed to the growth of missionary vision. After two years of his postnovitiate formation the province of Japan send Philip to PGS viceprovince to confirm his missionary vocation ad gentes.

Related articles

20180406_PGS1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4739(I)_First Salesian Profession the Melanesian Way

By Asp. Palep Bigiglen Port Moresby, PNG -- Last May 24, I was blessed to witness the first religious profession of Conrad Vamilat and Pio Ehava. The shrine of Mary Help of Christians was filled not only by other religious and members of th...
    Date2018.05.28 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views4463 file
    Read More
  2. 4729(II)_Pratical trainee renews the religious vows

Renewal of Religious Vows in PNG By Cl. Bernard Kaiau, SDB Kumgi, PNG, 13 May 2018 -- On Sunday the Feast of The Ascension of the Lord, Cl (=practical trainee, candidate to the priesthood) Bernard Kaiau SDB renewed his vows for three years ...
    Date2018.05.17 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views9369 file
    Read More
  3. 4716(V)_Helping the young in PNG

By Engr. James Patrick S. Maravilla Vunabosco, PNG, 4 May 2018 -- I am Engr. James Patrick S. Maravilla, a Materials Engineer by profession and I graduated in 2017. Years before I graduated, my uncle, Fr. Alfred, invited me to PNG. He convi...
    Date2018.05.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1516 file
    Read More
  4. 4715(III)_Understanding the Filipino Culture through my Melanesian World View

Join the immersion program of the FIS Province, ‘bABBAd Experience’ By Prenov. Thomas Warwara Negros, the Philippines, 30 April 2018 -- It is really a challenge for me to live among people with a different cultures and to learn to adjust to...
    Date2018.05.03 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1527 file
    Read More
  5. 4712_Salesian Archbishop an inspiration

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 25 April 2018 -- Bishop Francis Meli was consecrated Bishop of Vanimo on 25th April, 2018 at Vanimo Town Oval, Sandaun Province. The well prepared and beautiful liturgical celebration was atten...
    Date2018.04.30 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1342 file
    Read More
  6. 4705(I)_Mary Help of Christians, Sabama, launches Silver Jubilee

By Ms. Rica Lavilla Port Moresby, PNG, 14 April 2018 -- The Parish of Mary Help of Christians, Sabama launched its Silver Jubilee and the Year of Youth the 3rdSunday of Easter, 14th April, 2018, at Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu. Presen...
    Date2018.04.22 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views686 file
    Read More
  7. 4703(I)_Secretary of State celebrates mass with Laity and Youth

Card. Pietro Parolin visited the Mary Help of Christians Parish By Ms. Cecilia Teliwa Port Moresby, PNG, 14 April, 2018 -- Secretary of State, Cardinal Pietro Parolin was the main celebrant at a Eucharistic celebration for the Laity and You...
    Date2018.04.20 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views854 file
    Read More
  8. 4694(III)_Salesian Family Day celebrates family bond

PGS celebrates annual Salesian Family Day By Mr. Remegio Harold A. Argante, ASC Port Moresby, PNG, 9 April 2018 -- With the theme Cultivating the Art of Listening and Accompaniment - the 2018 Strenna of the Rector Major, the PGS Salesian Fa...
    Date2018.04.10 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views699 file
    Read More
  9. 4694(II)_Understanding the Print Media

Media Education Seminar for Catholic Schools of Port Moresby By Abigail Seta Port Moresby, PNG, 7 April 2018 -- The 2nd Media Education Seminar for Catholic Schools of Port Moresby, was held on Saturday, 7th April 2018 at the Emmaus Confere...
    Date2018.04.10 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views668 file
    Read More
  10. 4690_GIA - PGS: Practical training in Papua New Guinea

Cl. Philip Tsutsumi reached PNG for his first year of practical training By Our Own Correspondent Port Moresby, PNG, 6 April 2018 -- Young Japanese Salesian, Cl. Philip Tsutsumi reached Papua New Guinea last April 5, 2018 for his first year...
    Date2018.04.06 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1299 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 54 Next
/ 54