Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1105 Comment 0

20171201_PGS.jpg

Vocation story of Aspirant Joshua Tarare

By Asp. Joshua Tarere

Port Moresby, PNG, 1 December 2017 -- My name is Joshua Tarere (25). I was born on 27th January, 1993 and am from East New Britain. I am the eldest boy in a family of two brothers and three sisters. I have just completed my Bachelor degree in Technical Education in Computers.

In my younger days, I followed my father everywhere he went, especially when he went to visit his many priests and brother friends. I loved to stay with the diocesans seminarians as the Rector was a close friend of my father. Some would tell me that I must become a priest. Every weekend, since grade 4, I would spend my weekend with the seminarians. I admired the way they played music and sang. Most of all I was attracted to the white cassock they wore. This stirred in me the interest to become one like them.

My interest to join the Aspirantate grew as I witnessed the ordination of the first salesian of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands, Fr. Isidor Maramun. It was the first time for me to participate in such an occasion. The mass was beautiful and alive and the students of Vunabosco led the choir. The students sang very well and made the day a memorable one. This boosted my interest to become a salesian of Don Bosco one day.

Without knowing the system and the style of this great saint Fr. Bosco, I showed great interest by writing to Fr. Roger Miranda sdb, the Rector of Vunabosco. During my short stay, I was moved by his simple lifestyle. He was so gentle, full of fun, loving, easy-going, yet hardworking and always concerned about me and the other boys. I felt that he was not only a priest but truly a father that cares for children as parents in a family would do.

After my short staying at Vunabosco, I was then sent to Savio Haus Aspirantate and took up courses at DBTI, Boroko. Life now began to change from my ordinary way of living. I have a fixed schedule and have ample time for everything, i.e. a time to play, to pray, to study and to meet with the youths during the Sunday’s oratory. I considered being with the Salesians like being together in a big happy family. There is life and joy among every one.

I have learnt a lot from the life of the Salesians. One thing that I always treasure is that; no matter how busy or important a position of office they hold; they always have time to spend with young people.

20171201_PGS0.jpg

20171201_PGS1.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4645(I)_One important charismatic step

First historical issue of PGS Salesian Bulletin By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 18 February 2018 -- ‘Let us cultivate the art of Listening’ is the theme of the first issue of the Salesian Bulletin of the vice-province of Papu...
    Date2018.02.18 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1041 file
    Read More
  2. 4628(I)_Reflections on the Namuncurá Experience

By Asp. Palep Begiglen Port Moresby, PNG, 31 January 2018 -- We, first year Salesian aspirants of PGS Vice-Province, had our 6 weeks missionary volunteer service (called Namuncurá Experience) in West Kerema, in our parish at Araimiri (Papua...
    Date2018.02.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views709 file
    Read More
  3. 4626(I)_The First Salesian Family Council Meeting in PGS

By Fr. Jorge Ormeño, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 27 January 2018 -- The Salesian Family Council in Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands met for the first time at the SDB Provincial House, Boroko East on January 27, 2018. Present were representat...
    Date2018.01.30 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1185 file
    Read More
  4. 4615(III)_My First Work Experience

By Young Pomahun Port Moresby, PNG, 16 January 2018 -- Young Pomahun is a student of Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu, Port Moresby. He has completed Year 10, and decided that he needs to spend the two months of his holidays working. He s...
    Date2018.01.19 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1313 file
    Read More
  5. 4608(II)_Called to the fullness of Life and Love

Pastoral Letter for the Year of Youth 2018, Catholic Bishops Conference of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 12 January 2018 -- Also the Bishops of PNG-SI declared in their letter of 25 Sept...
    Date2018.01.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views674 file
    Read More
  6. 4582_The Namuncurá Experience

By Asp. Palep Begiglen Port Moresby, PNG, 10 December 2017 -- We had several sessions that prepared us for our Salesian Missionary Experience which is a new formation program for first year College aspirants of our of PGS Vice-Province. Dur...
    Date2017.12.14 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1147 file
    Read More
  7. 4578(IV)_Called to Service

Priestly Ordination of Fr. Bruce Kupi By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 9 December 2017 -- The Priestly Ordination of Fr. Bruce Kupi (42) was held on 9th December, 2017 at St. Peter Chanel Parish, Erima, Port Moresby. Bruce was...
    Date2017.12.10 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views891 file
    Read More
  8. 4573(I)_Carol Fest at Don Bosco

Preparing for the birth of Christ By Mr. Peter N’Drasal Port Moresby, PNG, 1 December 2017 -- “Christmas is in our hearts. It is a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus and to thank God for sending His son as one of us”, said Fr. Angel Sanch...
    Date2017.12.05 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views726 file
    Read More
  9. 4570(I)_First Salesian Parish Priest meeting

By Fr. Joseph Thanh, SDB Honiara, Solomon Islands, 30 November 2017 -- One year since the Salesian Mission in the two countries of the Pacific: Papua New Guinea (PNG) and Solomon Islands (SI), became vice-Province (PGS) all three Salesian p...
    Date2017.12.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views641 file
    Read More
  10. 4569(II)_A Salesian has time to spend with young people

Vocation story of Aspirant Joshua Tarare By Asp. Joshua Tarere Port Moresby, PNG, 1 December 2017 -- My name is Joshua Tarere (25). I was born on 27th January, 1993 and am from East New Britain. I am the eldest boy in a family of two brothe...
    Date2017.12.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1105 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 54 Next
/ 54