austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

2011125_PGS.jpg

By Asp. Palep Begiglen

Port Moresby, PNG, 22 November 2017 -- We, the 16 college aspirants of PGS Vice-Province, had our annual retreat in Emmaus Conference Centre, Port Moresby last Nov 18-22. The theme developed by our preacher was “discerning God’s will for me”. The inspiring talks of Fr. Alfred Maravilla, PGS Provincial, together with the group sharings, much time for personal prayer and daily personal dialogue with the preacher helped us aspirants to reflect on our initial attraction to the Salesian life. He gave us practical tips on how to discern if this initial attraction is indeed God’s call. He encouraged us to imitate St. Dominic Savio who was open and sincere to his spiritual guide, the ‘faithful friend of his soul’!

This retreat helped me to have new insights about myself, my positive qualities and weaknesses which made me realise the purpose of God’s call to me. I believe that the Holy Spirit was really present during our retreat. He was talking to me in ways that at first I did not understand. As a fruit of the retreat all of us aspirants were guided to draw up our personal plan of life to guide us during our aspirantate.

On a personal note, as I continue my journey of discernment as an aspirant I am resolved to ‘seize the moment’ (carpe diem) always because I cannot give what I do not have!

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4565_The reality of the missions

An interesting and unforgettable experience: Melanie Ferreira shares her experience of a months volunteering in Papua New Guinea By Melanie Ferreira Port Moresby, PNG, 27 November 2017 -- After 5 years of study, with a two and a half hour r...
    Date2017.11.27 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views613 file
    Read More
  2. 4563(II)_Discerning if the initial attraction to the Salesian life is indeed God’s call

By Asp. Palep Begiglen Port Moresby, PNG, 22 November 2017 -- We, the 16 college aspirants of PGS Vice-Province, had our annual retreat in Emmaus Conference Centre, Port Moresby last Nov 18-22. The theme developed by our preacher was “disce...
    Date2017.11.25 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1209 file
    Read More
  3. 4562(II)_In unity we empower and transform society through Bosconian values

DBTI celebrates 16th Graduation Rites By Ms Arlene Abital Port Moresby, PNG, 23 November 2017 -- Two hundred fifty-nine (259) students successfully completed their Bachelor and Diploma programs at Don Bosco Technological Institute, Boroko o...
    Date2017.11.24 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views806 file
    Read More
  4. 4551(I)_SoloBosco 2017

Salesian Youth Gathering in Solomon Islands 2017 By Sr. Matalena Leota, FMA Honiara, Solomon Island, 11 November 2017 -- History was made on the 10th and 11th of November, the first SoloBosco (Salesian Youth Gathering) with all the young pe...
    Date2017.11.14 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views654 file
    Read More
  5. 4549(IV)_PGS Salesian Family and Mission Day

By Fr. Angel Sanchez, SDB Boroko, PNG, 11 November 2017 -- On the occasion of the 142nd anniversary of the sending of the first Salesian missionaries to Patagonia, about one hundred members of the Salesian Family (SDB, FMA, Salesian Coopera...
    Date2017.11.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1626 file
    Read More
  6. 4549(II)_Assembly of Confreres

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 6 November 2017 -- Rectors, commission heads and representatives of confreres gathered together in the PGS Provincial House, Boroko for the second part of the Assembly of Confreres. It commence...
    Date2017.11.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views10258 file
    Read More
  7. 4545(I)_Blessing and Dedication of the Don Bosco Shrine

Don Bosco Simbu Technical College, Simbu By Sr. Marivel F. Monteveros SCSA Simbu, PNG, 5 November 2017 -- The Don Bosco Shrine, Simbu was blessed and dedicated on the 5th November, 2017 by His Excellency John Cardinal Ribat MSC, Archbishop ...
    Date2017.11.08 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1015 file
    Read More
  8. 4544(II)_Don Bosco celebrates Culture in Simbu

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Simbu, PNG, 4 November 2017 -- Don Bosco Simbu Technical College hosted its biannual Cultural Show on 4th November, 2017 on the school grounds. This year, the students of the school were joined by groups from the...
    Date2017.11.07 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views2430 file
    Read More
  9. 4536(II)_The Knock

The Vocatin Story of Yawalele Pius By Asp. Yawalele Pius Port Moresby, PNG, 1 November 2017 -- The plane elevated from Gurney airport, circled twice, then headed in the direction of Port Moresby. All the passengers on board were travelling ...
    Date2017.11.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1532 file
    Read More
  10. 4534(II)_Renewing our relationship with Mary

Archdiocesan Marian Motorcade 2017 By Sr. Rebecca Fernandez, OND Port Moresby, PNG, 28 October 2017 -- Blessings were showered on the residents of Port Moresby as vehicles carrying the statue of Mary accompanied by young people drove throug...
    Date2017.10.30 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views778 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 54 Next
/ 54