austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20171019_PGS.jpg

By Ms. Arlene Abital

Boroko, PNG, 12 October 2017 -- A Thanksgiving Mass was held on October 12th at Mary Help of Christians Shrine, Boroko, Don Bosco Technological Institute’s compound to celebrate the 25 years of priesthood of two Salesian Priests. The two PGS Salesians namely Fr. Ariel Macatangay, SDB and Fr. Roger Miranda, SDB happily celebrate their Silver Jubilee together with Fr. Louie Castañeda, SDB as concelebrant. Fr. Roger was the main celebrant while Fr. Ariel delivered the Homily to the Graduating students present in the Shrine.

Fr. Ariel chose October 7th –Feast of the Holy Rosary as an advance celebration since it will be Christmas break in PNG on December 8th and also some members of the community will be out of the country by then.

Fr. Ariel reiterated his homily at Bomana Chapel last October 7th. He focused on October as the month of the Rosary and reflected on the four types of mysteries significant to his Silver Jubilee. He finds his life Joyful when he was sent to the mission. It has helped him to be more faithful and closer to Jesus and Mary. The sorrowful mystery reminds him of his weaknesses in life and strives to strengthen these daily. The glorious mystery makes him happy to know the many successful stories of Don Bosco schools’ graduates and he feels fulfilled to have assisted them in any way possible. The Luminous Mystery/Mystery of Light allows him to see God as light and clear direction in times of weaknesses and trials.

He recalled that seven of them (from PGS and FIN) who celebrate their 25 years in priesthood came from families who pray the Holy Rosary. Six of them recently went to the Holy Land while the other one is a Diocesan priest in the United States. “Praying of the Rosary at a young age inspired me to accept Jesus and embrace the vocation I’m in,” said the PGS Head of Formation and Provincial Secretary.

Before the final blessing, Fr. Roger expressed that he entered the seminary after college. He said that their Silver Jubilee celebration is an invitation for promotion and growth of local Salesian vocation. He said that his student in Grade 4 back in the Philippines is now a Rector at Don Bosco Canlubang, Philippines. The first PNG Salesian priest, Fr. Isidore Maramun, SDB was his Grade 11 student in DBTS-Gabutu and Reverend Deacon Gilbert Pano, SDB was his student in Don Bosco Vanimo when he was Grade 8. Rev. Deacon Gilbert will be ordained as second PNG Salesian on October 21st in Vanimo and other locals are now in their pre and post novices in the Philippines and in Bomana seminary. He said “I owe my vocation to Fr. Eduardo Revilla, SDB who is now on his 50 years as a priest. The 82 year old priest whom you often see assisting around invited me to become a priest,” said the PGS Provincial Economer and Rector of MHC Shrine.

20171019_PGS1.jpg

20171019_PGS2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4529(I)_To be of service to the young

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Yako, Papua New Guinea, PNG, 22 October 2017 -- Fr. Gilbert Pano sdb was ordained a priest for the Society of St. Francis de Sales on the 21st October, 2017 at St. Luke’s Catholic Church, Waromo, by His Excellenc...
    Date2017.10.25 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views940 file
    Read More
  2. 4528(II)_"I come to do your will"

Priestly Ordinations in PGS By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Vanimo, PNG, 21 October 2017 -- Bishop Cesare Bonivento PIME, Bishop of the Diocese of Vanimo ordained Dn. Solomon Kulo and Dn. Gilbert Pano sdb priests on the 21st October, 2017 at th...
    Date2017.10.23 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views634 file
    Read More
  3. 4524_Two PGS Salesians celebrate Silver Jubilee of Priesthood

By Ms. Arlene Abital Boroko, PNG, 12 October 2017 -- A Thanksgiving Mass was held on October 12th at Mary Help of Christians Shrine, Boroko, Don Bosco Technological Institute’s compound to celebrate the 25 years of priesthood of two Salesia...
    Date2017.10.19 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views526 file
    Read More
  4. 4511(I)_Water Woe in Araimiri

Water tanks donated by the Salesian Missions, New Rochelle, USA By Fr. Shoji Mathew, SDB Araimiri, PNG, 30 September 2017 -- Don Bosco Araimiri Secondary School is located in a very remote area, thus is unable to receive most of the basic s...
    Date2017.10.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views722 file
    Read More
  5. 4510(I)_If there is a will, there is a way…

Anthony Wale's vocation story By Anthony Wale Honiara, Solomon Islands, 30 September -- My name is Anthony Wale, from Solomon Islands. My first spark of interest of joining the Salesians of Don Bosco was way back in 2003. I was doing my fir...
    Date2017.10.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views685 file
    Read More
  6. 4487_Don Bosco Technological Institute wins the best short film

International Short Film Festival in Papua New Guinea By Ms. Arlene Abital Photographs by Mr. Karl David Valmonte Port Moresby, PNG, 2 September 2017 -- Don Bosco Technological Institute, Boroko (DBTI) won for the best video ‘Humanity lost ...
    Date2017.09.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1033 file
    Read More
  7. 4485(I)_"This is what I want for myself"

Vocation Story of Pre-novice Paul Paiara By Asp. Paul Paiara Port Moresby, PNG, 1 September 2017 -- I was really inspired by the good works of many Salesian priests and brothers who worked tirelessly in the Parish and the school. I was born...
    Date2017.09.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views953 file
    Read More
  8. 4474(I)_DBTS celebrates 32nd anniversary, founder’s birthday with a cultural show

By Mrs. Phoebe Gwangilo Port Moresby, PNG, 16 August 2017 -- “Today’s event is just one among the other organized activities to highlight our 32nd anniversary as an educational institution”, said Fr. Angel Sanchez sdb, Rector of DBTS (Don B...
    Date2017.08.21 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views685 file
    Read More
  9. 4469(II)_"The Witness of Peter to Jesus"

DBTI stages the Musical By Ms. Arlene Abital Photographs by Arlene Abital and Karl David Valmonte Port Moresby, PNG, 13 August 2017 -- Don Bosco Technological Institute, Boroko staged the musical ‘The Witness of Peter to Jesus’ written by J...
    Date2017.08.16 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views748 file
    Read More
  10. 4468(I)_How to foster the Salesian Brother visibility?

Interview with Br. Reto Wanner, Swiss missionary in PNG Salesian Brother sharing in view of the EAO Congress 2018 (II) By Our Own Correspondent Port Moresby, PNG, 14 August 2017 -- What makes you happy or joyful as Salesian Brother? Happine...
    Date2017.08.16 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views934 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 54 Next
/ 54