Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20170904_PGS.jpg

International Short Film Festival in Papua New Guinea

By Ms. Arlene Abital
Photographs by Mr. Karl David Valmonte

Port Moresby, PNG, 2 September 2017 -- Don Bosco Technological Institute, Boroko (DBTI) won for the best video ‘Humanity lost to a Digital World’. The film was scripted, acted, shot and edited by the DBTI media participants. It was among the other presentations at the International Short Film Festival screened at Emmaus Conference Centre, Boroko East on 2nd of September, 2017. The audience numbering 150 persons sat enthralled in the hall as they experienced sight and sound and more importantly the opportunity to ponder, reflect and share powerful messages of determination, commitment and success of our young people in Papua New Guinea.

The film festival organized by SOCOM and coordinated by Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB CBC Social Communications and Youth Secretary, together with the Education and Youth department had as its theme: ‘Spirit of Youth’. Archbishop Kurian Mathew Vayalunkal, Apostolic Nuncio to Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands opened the event with the lighting of the candle and a blessing. Bishop Rochus Tatamai, MSC, Bishop of Berenia, priests, religious, Mr. & Mrs. Hidayat and Lina Hanafi, CEO of SVS Mart and the sponsor for the event, the seven participating schools of the Media Education Seminar, school media coordinators, the secular media personnel and other invited guests were among those present.

International short films from the United Kingdom, India, Indonesia, Ethiopia, USA & Syria, Ethiopia have been procured from Tej-prasarni, Don Bosco Communications, India. The films of Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea are a product of Film Seminars in the two countries. Themes expressing the struggles and hopes of youth dealt with true love, patience, kindness and compassion, selfless love, the mission of the Church to proclaim God’s love, violence, generosity, the power of words, rejection and appreciating each other’s talents as sons or daughters of God. Between each film, the audience had the chance to share their thoughts. Fr. Roger Miranda, SDB said, “Our actions have a positive or negative effects on others.” He encouraged all to be pro-active in dealings with people.

The festival coincided with the conclusion of the Media Education Seminar which commenced in March. The seven participating schools received certificates, gifts and T-shirts. It also acknowledged the outstanding productions in print, radio and the visual media. Besides the video of DBTI, Boroko East, the Best Radio Promotion was awarded to Sacred Heart Teachers College and Marianville Secondary School; the Best School Promotion was awarded to De La Salle Secondary School and Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu and the Best Radio Drama was awarded jointly to DBTI and Jubilee Catholic Secondary School. St. Joseph’s International School was also acknowledged for their participation in the media education seminars.

Media Education Seminar animators namely: Mrs. Sheryll Extra-Isoaimo, Ms. Cecilia Amala, Mr. Ian Zuazula, NBC and Radio Maria personnel who animated the participants at the different sessions were thanked. Representatives from Post Courier, The National, Wantok Niuspepa, PNGFM 100 and other media outlets received tokens of appreciation. “Young people of Papua New Guinea have a lot of digital talent”, said Bp Rochus Tatamai MSC as he congratulated the participants. “Use it to spread good and positive messages through the media”, he said.

DBTI, Boroko was applauded for the clear audio quality, the brilliant projection and regular articles. Fr Pereira thanked the participants and guests and invited them to use the inspiring films in schools, parishes and youth groups and use it to discuss the issues that are vital to our young people today.

The ISFF17 kit is available from the CBC SOCOM officeMay the Spirit of Youth live on!

20170904_PGS1.jpg

20170904_PGS2.jpg

20170904_PGS3.jpg

20170904_PGS4.jpg

20170904_PGS5.jpg

20170904_PGS6.jpg

20170904_PGS7.jpg

20170904_PGS8.jpg

20170904_PGS9.jpg

20170904_PGS10.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4536(II)_The Knock

The Vocatin Story of Yawalele Pius By Asp. Yawalele Pius Port Moresby, PNG, 1 November 2017 -- The plane elevated from Gurney airport, circled twice, then headed in the direction of Port Moresby. All the passengers on board were travelling ...
    Date2017.11.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1532 file
    Read More
  2. 4534(II)_Renewing our relationship with Mary

Archdiocesan Marian Motorcade 2017 By Sr. Rebecca Fernandez, OND Port Moresby, PNG, 28 October 2017 -- Blessings were showered on the residents of Port Moresby as vehicles carrying the statue of Mary accompanied by young people drove throug...
    Date2017.10.30 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views778 file
    Read More
  3. 4529(I)_To be of service to the young

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Yako, Papua New Guinea, PNG, 22 October 2017 -- Fr. Gilbert Pano sdb was ordained a priest for the Society of St. Francis de Sales on the 21st October, 2017 at St. Luke’s Catholic Church, Waromo, by His Excellenc...
    Date2017.10.25 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views940 file
    Read More
  4. 4528(II)_"I come to do your will"

Priestly Ordinations in PGS By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Vanimo, PNG, 21 October 2017 -- Bishop Cesare Bonivento PIME, Bishop of the Diocese of Vanimo ordained Dn. Solomon Kulo and Dn. Gilbert Pano sdb priests on the 21st October, 2017 at th...
    Date2017.10.23 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views634 file
    Read More
  5. 4524_Two PGS Salesians celebrate Silver Jubilee of Priesthood

By Ms. Arlene Abital Boroko, PNG, 12 October 2017 -- A Thanksgiving Mass was held on October 12th at Mary Help of Christians Shrine, Boroko, Don Bosco Technological Institute’s compound to celebrate the 25 years of priesthood of two Salesia...
    Date2017.10.19 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views526 file
    Read More
  6. 4511(I)_Water Woe in Araimiri

Water tanks donated by the Salesian Missions, New Rochelle, USA By Fr. Shoji Mathew, SDB Araimiri, PNG, 30 September 2017 -- Don Bosco Araimiri Secondary School is located in a very remote area, thus is unable to receive most of the basic s...
    Date2017.10.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views724 file
    Read More
  7. 4510(I)_If there is a will, there is a way…

Anthony Wale's vocation story By Anthony Wale Honiara, Solomon Islands, 30 September -- My name is Anthony Wale, from Solomon Islands. My first spark of interest of joining the Salesians of Don Bosco was way back in 2003. I was doing my fir...
    Date2017.10.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views686 file
    Read More
  8. 4487_Don Bosco Technological Institute wins the best short film

International Short Film Festival in Papua New Guinea By Ms. Arlene Abital Photographs by Mr. Karl David Valmonte Port Moresby, PNG, 2 September 2017 -- Don Bosco Technological Institute, Boroko (DBTI) won for the best video ‘Humanity lost ...
    Date2017.09.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1034 file
    Read More
  9. 4485(I)_"This is what I want for myself"

Vocation Story of Pre-novice Paul Paiara By Asp. Paul Paiara Port Moresby, PNG, 1 September 2017 -- I was really inspired by the good works of many Salesian priests and brothers who worked tirelessly in the Parish and the school. I was born...
    Date2017.09.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views959 file
    Read More
  10. 4474(I)_DBTS celebrates 32nd anniversary, founder’s birthday with a cultural show

By Mrs. Phoebe Gwangilo Port Moresby, PNG, 16 August 2017 -- “Today’s event is just one among the other organized activities to highlight our 32nd anniversary as an educational institution”, said Fr. Angel Sanchez sdb, Rector of DBTS (Don B...
    Date2017.08.21 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views685 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 54 Next
/ 54