Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 660 Comment 0

20170714_PGS.jpg

Salesian Educators promote vocations

By Ms. Arlene Abital

Port Moresby, PNG, 13 Jult 2017 -- Which vocation does God call you to follow? This importance question was reflected upon at Don Bosco Technological Institute, Boroko on July 13, 2017.

The Vocation Orientation Dimension is one aspect of the Salesian Educative Pastoral Plan (SEPP) of the institute. Ms. Christina Paula Delgado, leader of the group, organized a ‘Talk Show’ to enlighten the students on the different aspects of a vocation, with a view to help them discern their vocation. The program was hosted by Sr. Ria Versario FMA and Mr. Emil Vake while different speakers shared experiences of their vocation.

Ms. Maria Fatima Alipio, Science and Math lecturer spoke on the blessings of the single life; Mr. Noel Kibai, IT instructor and Mrs. Lucy Kibai, Maths and Sports lecturer shared about Married life; Sr. Annie Saligumba, FMA, Christian Life Education lecturer, Br. Reto Wanner, SDB, Machine Fitting and Machinist instructor and Fr. Clifford Morais, SDB, Treasurer shared about their lived lives as Religious.

The spontaneous questions from the student body allowed the Salesian Educators to share inspiring messages from their different perspectives.

Mr. and Mrs. Kibai, who have been married for 23 years, stressed the need for students to complete their education, be personally, professionally and spiritually stable, before they think of marriage. The partner they seek should be the one who places God as the center of their life. ‘Open communication and understanding are keys to a successful marriage,” the couple added.

Ms. Alipio shared the importance of having a prayerful life that will lead to personal contentment and happiness and being ready to serve others.

Sr. Annie who has been an FMA sister for 46 years, said that being sincere and faithful to God’s call makes her happy.

Br. Reto, a former Protestant said that his firm decision to respond to God’s invitation made him a missionary Salesian Brother, now serving the young of PNG.

The playful childhood experiences of celebrating the Mass along with friends as a game has led Fr. Clifford to be a priest. The seed sowed when he was eight years old inspired him to be a Salesian missionary now serving the PNG Church. “I had a fulfilling career as a bank officer but God’s calling to the priesthood was stronger,” he said.

The orientation has highlighted the prime significance of being called to ‘holiness’ irrespective of the variety of possible vocations. Living and carrying out God’s will, allows us to know, love and serve God with gladness. The challenges and hardships faced in our lives are overcome when God is the center of our lives.

20170714_PGS1.jpg

20170714_PGS2.jpg

20170714_PGS3.jpg

20170714_PGS4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4451(I)_Kerema diocese presbytery is growing

First priestly ordination of Bishop Peter Baquero, SDB By Fr. Joseph Thanh, SDB Kerema, PNG, July 2017 -- We send our congratulations to the newly ordained priest, Father John Billy. He is the first (diocesan) priest in Bema parish to be or...
    Date2017.07.29 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views889 file
    Read More
  2. 4447(I)_Don't let your batteries control you!

Article on the Formation Talk on Social Media By Emma Schmidt, DBTI Student Port Moresby, PNG, 22 July 2017 -- We are living in the world of technology and it is here to stay! Fr. Ambrose Pereira SDB, addressed the members of the Mary Our H...
    Date2017.07.25 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views749 file
    Read More
  3. 4441(II)_Bosconians give thanks for an abundant harvest

By Fr. Albert Lenon, SDB Tetere, Solomon Islands, 18 July 2017 -- Sickles, knives and other tools in hand, the staff and students of Don Bosco Rural Training Centre, Tetere, harvested a bumper crop of rice on the 18th July, 2017. The Harves...
    Date2017.07.20 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views759 file
    Read More
  4. 4440(I)_Gold among stones

Araimiri community witness - Mary Help of Christians Parish By Fr. Joseph Thanh, SDB Araimiri, PNG, 18 July 2017 -- A big mission service is happening in Araimiri, parish of Mary Help of Christians during this time as we are focusing to the...
    Date2017.07.19 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1004 file
    Read More
  5. 4435(I)_Which vocation does God call you to follow?

Salesian Educators promote vocations By Ms. Arlene Abital Port Moresby, PNG, 13 Jult 2017 -- Which vocation does God call you to follow? This importance question was reflected upon at Don Bosco Technological Institute, Boroko on July 13, 20...
    Date2017.07.14 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views660 file
    Read More
  6. 4433_Celebrating the first anniversary of the PGS vice-province

By Fr Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 8 July 2017 -- The Vice-Province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands (PGS) celebrated its First Anniversary on the Franciscans Riverside Resort, 16 mile, Bomana. The theme chosen was: ‘Men o...
    Date2017.07.11 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views969 file
    Read More
  7. 4430_Aflame with Don Bosco’s Missionary ardour

Retreat for PGS confreres By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 8 July 2017 -- 21 confreres from across the vice-province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands (PGS) were present for their yearly Spiritual Exercise at Emmaus Conf...
    Date2017.07.08 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1140 file
    Read More
  8. 4425(I)_ “What is it like to preside at the Mass?”

Personal Vocation story By Prenovice Thomas Bwagaaro Port Moresby, PNG, 1 July 2017 -- My vocation story began with a question: “What is it like to preside at the Mass?” some 18 years ago. That I believe was the invitation of the Lord to fo...
    Date2017.07.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1061 file
    Read More
  9. 4424(I)_A pilgrimage…a journey…a commitment

Personal reflection of Fr. Roger Miranda sdb By Fr. Roger Miranda, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 1 july 2017 -- It was an advanced celebration of our Sacerdotal Silver Jubilee. Our batch decided to have our retreat pilgrimage to the Holy Land from...
    Date2017.07.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1073 file
    Read More
  10. 4410(III)_PNG Power technicians undergo training at DBTI

By Ms. Arlene Abital and Mr. Karl David Valmonte Port Moresby, PNG, 16 June 2017 -- Seventeen PNG Power Ltd. technicians have utilized the Maintenance Fitting and Machining facilities at Don Bosco Technological Institute (DBTI), Boroko from...
    Date2017.06.16 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1218 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 54 Next
/ 54