PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1101 Comment 0

20180413_ITM.jpg

Interview with Bro. Raymundo Fernandes

By Our Own Correspondent

Fuiloro, Timor Leste, 13 April 2018 --

What makes you happy as Salesian Brother?

I’m assigned already for the fourth time to Fuiloro community. Before becoming SDB I was a student here since 1988 in Fuiloro Agricultural Technical School (Fr. Jose Vattaparambil) and Br. Jose Ribeiro was coming with truck from Los Palos. From that time on I observed two models of Salesians. For me these two missionaries from far away (Portugal and India) were working for us, never rested the whole day, assisting, working in the farm, always with the students. At the end of the third year, before the national examination, I have asked: ‘Fr. Jose, I would like to experience the Salesian vocation!’ He told me to wait for Fr. Jose Carbonell (Delegate for Indonesia), then I talked to Fr. Carbonell, was accepted in 1992-1993 as aspirant and later joined the Fatumaca novitiate in the following year.

What makes you happy or joyful as Salesian Brother?

As Salesian Brother I’m deeply convinced that without Jesus and God it’s impossible to be happy. An of course I’m happy to stay always and work with the students.

Who is your Salesian model?

This year together with Fr. Djoko (Indonesia, Blitar), with Br. Eligio (Mozambique, missionary) and Fr Yosef (Indonesia, Jakarta) we will celebrate 25 years of religious life. Ola and Djoko have a plan to celebrate together in 2018. Before we had wonderful models of Salesian Brothers like Br. Jose Kusy or Br. Carlo Gamba, but now we have probably no Salesian Brother model in Timor. Some Salesian priests are my model – like Fr. Jose Vattaparambil, Indian missionary.

What is the specific contribution of the Salesian Brother to the Salesian mission?

We make our religious vows for the whole Salesian Congregation; we contribute to the province and to our local community giving our whole life and soul. The whole hearted apostolic consecration if our best contribution.

How to make the vocation of Salesian Brother more visible in the Church?

With the life witnessing of each one of us, through our hard work in the youth mission…. The FMA and also some SDB in Timor speak only about Salesian Fathers! And many Salesian Brothers left the Congregation. We need a good leadership who will embrace everybody and will help us to continue in the perseverance.

Any wish about the Salesian priest contribution to the Salesian Brother vocation promotion?

Already when I was in Los Palos Pre-novitiate (2009-2010) I shared with my Rector about the need of Salesian Brother presence in the Aspirantate and Prenovitiate. When we talk about Salesian Brother vocation we need to witness and give chance for daily talk already to the prenovices! In the novitiate is already late to talk! Give chance…

What does sustain your vocation?

First energy is coming from God. Then I get my vocation energy from the Salesian community – living, share, joking and praying together.

Suggestion for the EAO 2018 Salesian Brothers Congress?

Yes, it’s an important event, for me will be the first time to participate in the EAO Congress. I would expect first we get to know each other, from many provinces. Yes, I like very much this rich variety of cultures and background of the 200+ EAO Salesian Brothers.

Any final sharing with the AustraLasia readers?

In our daily Salesian life depends a lot on the good animation of the local community. In Timor Leste we had missionaries from many countries since 1946 and we have built a strong Salesian culture. But now we are living basically only among Timorese and we need to learn how to animate our communities. For this reason we need more contact and exchange with Salesians of other 22 countries in the EAO region. We need a quality Salesian leadership with superiors who are able to embrace all confreres.

20180413_ITM1.jpg

20180413_ITM2.jpg

20180413_ITM3.jpg

20180413_ITM4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4699(II)_Salesian Youth Spirituality growth with the Cross

Silver Jubilee of the Youth Cross in Timor Leste By Fr. Rolando Fernandez, SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 15 April 2018 -- Coming April 18 we will celebrate the 25th Anniversary about the Pilgrimage of the YOUTH CROSS in Timor Leste since 1993. A s...
    Date2018.04.16 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views908 file
    Read More
  2. 4699(I)_What makes the Salesian Brother more visible?

Interview with Bro. Marcal Lopes, SDB By Our Own Correspondent Maliana, Timor Leste, 16 April 2018 -- Bro. Marcal is the most senior Salesian Brother of Timor Leste, already Principal of Don Bosco Technical School in Fatumaca and now of Don...
    Date2018.04.16 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1163 file
    Read More
  3. 4696(I)_What makes you happy as Salesian Brother?

Interview with Bro. Raymundo Fernandes By Our Own Correspondent Fuiloro, Timor Leste, 13 April 2018 -- What makes you happy as Salesian Brother? I’m assigned already for the fourth time to Fuiloro community. Before becoming SDB I was a stud...
    Date2018.04.13 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1101 file
    Read More
  4. 4693(II)_How do we grow towards the ASC Province?

Path towards the ASC Province of Timor Leste - 2018 By Fr. Acacio de Castro, SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 9 April 2018 -- After the EAO Tokyo Congress (May 2017) the Salesian Cooperators of East Timor start to prepare the establishment of the ASC...
    Date2018.04.09 CategoryTLS Reply1 Views1232 file
    Read More
  5. 4692(II)_Cristal Foundation (Fundacao Cristal) transforms Timorese society

Don Bosco Alumni and Cristal Foundation By Dr. Agostinho Dos Santos Goncalves, EXDB Dili, Timor Leste, 8 April 2018 -- Since 1984 the Cristal Foundation, officialy registered in 1987 (Indonesian occupation time) and again in 2001 transforme...
    Date2018.04.08 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1385 file
    Read More
  6. 4691(III)_To strengthen the Salesian consecrated vocation

Salesian Brother of Timor Leste prepare for the EAO 2018 Brother Congress By Br. Adriano de Jesus Dili, Timor Leste, 6 April 2018 -- Four months before the 7th EAO Salesian Brother Congress (Aug 9-12) most of the EAO Provinces started their...
    Date2018.04.07 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views897 file
    Read More
  7. 4689(II)_Family spirit shines in Don Bosco Maumali - Maliana

First Salesian Co-educational Boarding Technical School in Timor Leste By Fr. Joao Roque Guterres, SDB Maliana, Timor Leste, 4 April 2018 -- Five years after establishment of the Spain and Timor Leste government project of Maliana Don Bosco...
    Date2018.04.05 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views936 file
    Read More
  8. 4671_How do experience the Salesian Life?

A special Aspirantate - Don Bosco Centec, Dili By Fr. Yohannes Laba, SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 16 March 2018 -- Our community was open 15 years ago and has already prepared thousands of young people for life with professional preparation, fait...
    Date2018.03.17 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views886 file
    Read More
  9. 4669(II)_Close accompaniment in action

Blessed Artemide Zatti Postnovitiate Dili By Fr. Inocencio Dimantino da Silva, SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 14 March 2018 -- The largest SDB community in Timor Leste, the postnovitiate of Blessed Philip Rinaldi with 39 Salesians, was chosen as th...
    Date2018.03.15 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1347 file
    Read More
  10. 4666_A fantastic journey with Don Bosco

GEX (Giovani Exallievi) Timor with an etnhusiatic leadership By Our Own Correspondent Dili, Timor Leste, 11 March 2018 -- Interview with Mr. Americo Valentim, National Coordinator of GEX Timor-Leste. Mr. Americo is 26 years old, fresh Unive...
    Date2018.03.12 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views901 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 26 Next
/ 26