Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20170907_ITM.jpg

VDB animation visit to the ITM Vice-province: Timor Leste & Indonesia

By Maria L, VDB
VDB - Central Council

Dili, Timor Leste, 5 September 2017 -- Two Volunteers of Don Bosco (VDB) – one former Central Councilor and one present Central Council just finished a week long animation visit in Timor Leste – Indonesia Viceprovince (August 27-September 4). At present there are only two VDB professed members in the whole ITM viceprovince. This visit aimed at making known to the SDB, FMA and other Salesian Family groups the Lay Secular Consecrated vocation.

In Timor Leste two VDB visited the SDB communities in Dili – Postnovitiate (30+ young Salesians) and were lucky enough to take part in the Los Palos SYM Forum with 700 participants (August 25-27) and the prenovitiate SDB community. On the return to Dili the two VDB visited also the Baucau FMA community and offered their prayers at the tomb of Simoa, the first deceased Timor VDB and took advantage also for a short animation at the Fatumaca SDB Aspirantate – Novitiate. Next day they visited the FMA provincial house in the capital of Dili and were able to present their secular consecrated vocation to present young ladies and in the afternoon paid a courtesy visit to the Bishop of Dili, Virglio da Silva, SDB. As a fruit of this visit next day morning they were able again meet the bishop with another four interested candidates, who are trying for past three years to live in a kind of ‘secular’ community and asked the help of Bishop Virgilio. This providential meeting happened just few hours before departure for Jakarta, Indonesia.

In the Indonesia Delegation the two animating VDB first encountered the SDB postnovices of Wisma, Sunter and the FMA student community in our Sunter Parish of Don Bosco. Indeed the FMA sisters didn’t know anything about the existence of the VDB secular institute in the Salesian Family – so the power point presentation was a surprise and good eye opener. On the evening the parish priest invited the two visitors to the Evangelization group with 100 present members (St. John Bosco Parish has about 5000 Catholic faithful) and were able to introduce basic information about their VDB vocation and discernment criteria.

Last day in Jakarta was dedicated to the animation at the SDB novitiate, accompanied by Fr. Ramoncito Padilla (Salesian Family delegate for Indonesia). The 12 novices of Indonesia with their formators (Novicemaster Fr. Andre Delimarta, Fr. Andang and Rector Fr. Andy) were able to understand through the PPT presentation the VDB vocation. Then followed one hour long open forum with many questions and answers.

During the week long presentation of the VDB vocation within the ITM Vice-province the two VDB were very grateful for the patient accompaniment and kind help of many Salesian priest and brothers. As usual, this visit was a time of sowing small seeds of their vocation, only the Holy Spirit is able to produce some fruits. The whole Salesian family of ITM province would see one day a good harvest.

The VDB Central council members are ready for similar vocation promotion trip in any of the EAO 11 provinces and 6 delegations. Any SDB or FMA invitation is welcome!

Related article:

20170907_ITM1.jpg

20170907_ITM2.jpg

20170907_ITM3.jpg

20170907_ITM4.jpg

20170907_ITM5.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4628(IV)_Family Encounter - Father speaks from his heart

The most important time of the Timor Leste visit By Our Own Correspondent Dili, Timor Leste, 31 January 2018 -- Finally, on the second day of the visit in Timor Leste came the most expected time for the Salesians. Apart of the large outdoor...
    Date2018.02.01 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1599 file
    Read More
  2. 4627(IV)_"I come here because I love you all."

First Day of RM in Timor Leste By Fr. José de Sá, SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 30 January 2018 -- The tenth successor of St John Bosco and Rector Major of the Salesians, Fr Angel Fernandez Artime SDB arrived at Dili, Timor Leste in the morning of...
    Date2018.01.31 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1096 file
    Read More
  3. 4613(I)_The Impact of Social Media Communication on Youth in the era of Globalization

First National Conference of GEX in Timor-Leste By Mr. Alberto Piedade Dili, Timor Leste, 14 January 2018 -- GEX (Don Bosco Young Alumni) Timor-Leste has recently nominated three responsible members namely: Mario Martinho, Americo Valentim ...
    Date2018.01.17 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views990 file
    Read More
  4. 4600_Deep sharing about the growth of Salesian Charism in ITM Vice-province

Indonesia-Timor Leste confreres sharing at Sacro Cuore - Rome By Our Own Correspondent Sacro Cuore, Rome, 4 January 2018 -- After two previous encounters with almost 30 confreres of the ITM viceprovince in the Philippines and in Portugal la...
    Date2018.01.05 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1072 file
    Read More
  5. 4596_Province Day and Christmas Gathering

By Fr. Julio Motta, SDB Fatumaca, Timor Leste, 29 December 2017 -- Was a good time for the confreres in the ITM Vice-province to enjoy the camaraderie as well as to share the joy of Christmas with one another. This Christmas gathering held ...
    Date2018.01.01 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views913 file
    Read More
  6. 4592(IV)_"Before I formed you in the womb, I chose you to be mine"

Interview with Br. Amilcar Da Silva, SDB, a student at Don Bosco University, Guwahati - India By Fr. Amilcar Da Silva ITM Vice-province Guwahati, India, 27 December 2017 -- What makes you joyful to this form of Salesian vocation? At the out...
    Date2017.12.27 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views691 file
    Read More
  7. 4547(I)_Listenful moments of the visitation encounter

ITM Viceprovince visitation is taking off - Manila students encounter By Cl. Gersio Amaral, SDB Manila, the Philippines, 3 Novwmber 2017 -- We are very gratetul for the first extra-ordinary visitation encounter in our Vice-province. Our one...
    Date2017.11.10 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views588 file
    Read More
  8. 4527(I)_One Oratory Year Feast in Comoro

By Cl. Filipe Cardoso, SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 15 October 2017 -- The SDB community of Blessed Philip Rinaldi Post-novitiate and the young animators of the oratories held an Oratory feast. It was made in a gym of Don Bosco, Comoro. More than...
    Date2017.10.22 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views655 file
    Read More
  9. 4498(I)_First Profession 2017

By Fr. Julio Motta, SDB Fatumaca, Timor-Leste, 8 September 2017 -- On the Feast of the Nativity of Our Lady, there were 14 Novices made their first religious profession at the National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians Fatumaca. The event s...
    Date2017.09.19 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views970 file
    Read More
  10. 4490(I)_Sowing small seeds of secular consecrated vocation in the ITM vice-province

VDB animation visit to the ITM Vice-province: Timor Leste & Indonesia By Maria L, VDB VDB - Central Council Dili, Timor Leste, 5 September 2017 -- Two Volunteers of Don Bosco (VDB) – one former Central Councilor and one present Central ...
    Date2017.09.07 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views591 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26 Next
/ 26