austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20170422_GIA.jpg

By Fr. Gaetano Compri, SDB

Tokyo, Japan, 21 April 2017 -- I'm happy to share with one good news - recently was published a Chinese version of my recent book on the HOLY SHROUD.

The original edition in Nihongo (Japanese) was published by Don Bosco Publishing House (Don Bosco Sha) in Tokyo, 2015 and is still no high demand in Japan, far beyond the Catholic circles.

In 2016 this book was translated in Korean (Br. Hilario Seo, SDB) in an excellent version by Don Bosco Media, Seoul and now it's followed by the Chinese version, translation by two Chinese professor ladies who are studying in Japan. This edition was made possible thanks Vox Amica Press in Hong Kong, cared by Fr. Pedro Leong (China province social communication delegate). Really a wonderful printing! Another edition in Vietnamese language is being prepared!

In this way most of the East Asian countries are able to know about the Holy Shroud (La Sacra Sindone) through this book published by one Salesian. It's already a sixth book about the Holy Shroud that I have published after my first encounter in 1950, when I have been a student in Torino, Salesian Ateneo. I was immediately attracted and after my return to Japan in 1955 held more than 1000 different conferences in order to make know the Holy Shroud.

This present book does introduce the Holy Shroud from the historic, scientific, biblical point of view, based always on the most recently available photographs. In the same time explains the connection with the Passion and Resurrection of Jesus and the history of Christian Art.

During the Jubilee Year of 2015 the Archbishop of Torino, Cesare Nosiglia, who get know all these activities of mine, donated me a wonderful natural-size copy of the Holy Shroud. It's a wonderful gift for Japan.

Last April 2nd i was in the pilgrimage to the Holy Land in Jerusalem with one group from Japan and put this copy of the Holy Shroud on the Holy Sepulcher in place Jesus tomb. In this way the Holy Shroud returned on the place from which departed two thousand years ago.

I'm deeply convinced that are contemplating an authentic Holy Shroud. More we know about its reality, we understand immediately that any falsification is practically impossible.

Together with the Gospels also the Holy Shroud is the most wonderful gift we got from Jesus. For this reason we call it 'A fifth Gospel'. It's a great mean of evangelization. I believe that all priests and all Christians should know it.

Happy Easter from Cimatti Museum in Chofu, Japan!

20170422_GIA1.jpg

20170422_GIA2.jpg

20170422_GIA3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4378_Harvesting the fruits of the Salesian Pentecost in Tokyo

EAO Regional Congress: Follow up By Our Own Correspondent Tokyo, Japan, 10 May 2017 -- The fourth and last day of the 9th EAO Regional Congress of the Salesian Cooperators is over. All 300+ participants, young and old are heading back to th...
    Date2017.05.11 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1233 file
    Read More
  2. 4367(II)_Priestly Ordination of John Bosco Taniguchi Ryohei

By Mr. Okawa Chihiro Provincial Social Communication Team Tokyo, Japan, 1 May 2017 -- On Sunday, April 30, from 2pm, the priestly ordination of John Bosco Taniguchi Ryohei took place at the Salesian parish of Himon-ya in Meguro, Tokyo. Incl...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views649 file
    Read More
  3. 4366_EAO Congress Preparation (7)

Salesian Cooperators of Japan getting closer to the young By Mrs. Kazumi Maruyama, ASC GIA Province Coordinator Tokyo, Japan, 30 April 2017 -- Heartfelt greetings from Japan, just one week before many of you will come to Tokyo for the 9th E...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views552 file
    Read More
  4. 4365(III)_First ADMA spiritual retreat in Japan

Easter Octave with wonderful sakura spring background By Fr. Mario Yamanouchi, SDB Hamamatsu, Japan, 24 April 2017 -- During a wonderful spring period of full splendid sakura period near the lake Kawaguchi at the foot of the Mt Fuji was hel...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views569 file
    Read More
  5. 4363_First IUS-EAO Regional Conference

By Fr. Ariel Macatangay, SDB Tokyo, Japan, 26 April 2017 -- The Salesian Higher Education Institutions (IUS) in East Asia Oceania (EAO) had their First Regional Conference from 22 to 26 April. The Conference was well attended by six institu...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1113 file
    Read More
  6. 4359(I)_90 Years old Italo-Argentian missionary in Japan

Fr. Josph Di Prinzio, SDB passed away By Fr. Mario Yamanouchi, SDB Kyushu, Japan, 24 April 2017 -- 22nd of April at 4 PM was called to the House of the Father Salesian Priest Joseph Di Prinzio, Italo-Argentinian missionary in Japan at the a...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views608 file
    Read More
  7. 4355(IV)_Holy Shroud - fifth Gospel of Jesus in East Asia

By Fr. Gaetano Compri, SDB Tokyo, Japan, 21 April 2017 -- I'm happy to share with one good news - recently was published a Chinese version of my recent book on the HOLY SHROUD. The original edition in Nihongo (Japanese) was published by Don...
    Date2017.04.22 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1083 file
    Read More
  8. 4336(II)_Two Samurai for Jesus in Don Bosco style

By Cl. Iguchi, Br. Tsubaki and Fr. Michael Lap, SDB Tokyo, Japan, 25 March 2017 -- The two young Salesian novices in Japan took the first profession of vows before God, Church and Salesian family on 25th of March 2017, the feast of Annunci...
    Date2017.03.27 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1931 file
    Read More
  9. 4327_Young people, grow in your relationship with the Lord!

Animation visit of Fr. Ivo Coelho in Japan By Fr. Daisuke Kitagawa, SDB Tokyo, Japan, 16 March 2017 -- In addition to the meaningful experience of the EAO Team Visit in Hua Hin, the Japan Province had another opportunity to feel fraternal c...
    Date2017.03.16 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views600 file
    Read More
  10. 4292(II)_Salesian Spirituality Seminar & Symposium in Eastern Japan

By Mr. Okawa Chihiro, EXDB Tokyo, Japan, 11 February 2017 -- The Salesian Spirituality Seminar & Symposium were held for the Salesian Family of eastern Japan at the Provincial headquarters of the Sisters of Caritas of Jesus in Suginami,...
    Date2017.02.13 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1129 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 Next
/ 24