Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 743 Comment 0

20160920_GIA.jpg

Timor Leste missionary in Japan attends a missionary course in Brazil

By Fr Da Silva Ambrósio Lucas, SDB

Sao Paulo, Brazil, 20 September -- Fr. Ambrosio is the youngest Salesian Missionary in Japan (31 years) where he arrived few months after his ordination, last January 2016. After first experience of the Brazilian migrant ministry in Hamamatsu inter-cultural community he got a good chance of initial missionary formation. Thanks to the well organized annual missionary course for the outgoing or incoming missionaries (Brazil), he was send there for three month (August - December):

"It has been five weeks here in Brazil since I arrived on August 16. I had spent three weeks happily in Sao Paulo, and glad that, I was able to visit some important places including the National Sanctuary of Our Lady of Aparecida with more than ten thousand members of the Salesian Family in the occasion of Salesian Pilgrimage (Romaria).

Here in Brasilia, I am very lucky to meet and stay with the parents of Mr. Yumi (san), the grandparents of Bruno (our aspirant in Japan) for five days before I entered the Centro Cultural Missionario (CCM). The center is managed under the Bishops Conference of Brazil (CBCN) and I'm part of the 161th batch, since 1960 when this course was started.

This course is known as the Initiation Course for the missionaries working in Brazil. The main focus of this formation is to learn Portuguese language, to interact with the reality of the local family, to receive introduction to the Brazilian society, cultures as well to the journey of the Church in Brazil.

My 17 batch-mates are coming from different parts of the world: Haiti, Tanzania, Republic of South Africa, Ghana, Colombia, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Honduras, Peru, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Macau, Timor Leste and Japan. All of them have been working here (mostly in northern part) in Brazil for more than 8 months. I'm the only exception with my missionary work outside Brazil. Many of them don't believe in my “destination” after this course. Anyway, I believe this course would be very helpful in our mission in Hamamatsu (Japan), though I know that Nihongo (Japanese) is the first language that I need to study.

I want to share that here I am not the ‘only Salesian’. Sister Kurosaki, Caritas of Jesus is also taking part in this course. Originally from Nagasaki - Japan and now working in Sao Paulo as missionary. Though we are living under the rhythm as students in CCM, we also find time to share our common spirit in prayer and recreation by visiting the National 'Santuario de Dom Bosco' as well as the other places in his honor since Dom Bosco is the co-patron of the capital city - Brasilia.

I am praying and hoping that there will be some more young Salesians from Timor Leste ready to leave for Japan and for the world mission!"

20160920_GIA1.jpg

20160920_GIA2.jpg

20160920_GIA3.jpg

20160920_GIA5.jpg

20160920_GIA4.jpg

20160920_GIA5.jpg

20160920_GIA6.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4161_Closing of Japan extraordinary visitation 2016

Moving out of comfort zone towards the poor young people and Looking towards the Centenary of Salesian presence 2026 By Our Own Correspondent Tokyo, Japan, 10 October -- 2016 Japan provincial community day was chosen as the official conclus...
    Date2016.10.10 CategoryGIA Reply1 Views883 file
    Read More
  2. 4156_It's easy to become a Saint in the school of Don Bosco

CIMATTI DAY 2016: celebration in Chofu By Fr. Gaetano Compri, SDB Vice-postulator of the Beatification cause of Mons. Vincent Cimatti Tokyo, Japan, 6 October 2016 -- As every year, also today on the memorial death anniversary of Venerable M...
    Date2016.10.06 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views881 file
    Read More
  3. 4150_Legacy of Mons Cimatti is alive in Chofu

Salesian Formation - Chofu style By Fr. Michael Lap, SDB Tokyo, Japan, 3 October 2016 -- In our Salesian Formation House in Chofu we live as happy family of 18 Salesians from Japan, Poland, Vietnam, Korea and India with two Novices and thre...
    Date2016.10.03 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views521 file
    Read More
  4. 4143(I)_Welcome to Tokyo 2017 – EAO Congress of Salesian Cooperators!

Together – Come – For the Young! By Fr. Václav Klement, SDB Tokyo, Japan, 24 September 2016 -- Ten members of the JOC (Japan Organizing Committee) for the 2017 EAO and Japan Provincial Council of the Salesiani Cooperatori gathered in Yotsuy...
    Date2016.09.26 CategoryGIA Reply1 Views1191 file
    Read More
  5. 4139(II)_Communion of comunities in Hamamatsu

Model for Yokohama diocese multicultural communities – Hamamatsu By Fr. Angel Yamanouchi, SDB Yokohama, Japan, 21 September 2016 -- The Year of Mercy in Yokohama diocese is marked visibly by two Holy Doors – one in the Cathedral of Yokohama...
    Date2016.09.22 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views906 file
    Read More
  6. 4137_Learning how to be a missionary!

Timor Leste missionary in Japan attends a missionary course in Brazil By Fr Da Silva Ambrósio Lucas, SDB Sao Paulo, Brazil, 20 September -- Fr. Ambrosio is the youngest Salesian Missionary in Japan (31 years) where he arrived few months aft...
    Date2016.09.20 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views743 file
    Read More
  7. 4135(IV)_Shizuoka Salesio and Salesian Cooperators, unique story in the EAO region!

Motivated by the Shizuoka Salesio school motto ‘To learn, keep it simple’ By Our Own Correspondent Shizuoka, Japan, 17 September 2016 -- 1100 students and 120 teachers of ‘Integrated Mission School: Kindergarten, Elementary School, Junior a...
    Date2016.09.17 CategoryGIA Reply1 Views8981 file
    Read More
  8. 4134_How to become Salesian Aspirant?

Yokkaichi Aspirantate, GIA province By Our Own Correspondent Yokkaichi, Japan, 16 September 2016 -- Three Salesians (one Salesian Brother and 2 Salesian priest) are living with 15 Junior Aspirants, six of them joined just last April 2016. S...
    Date2016.09.16 CategoryGIA Reply1 Views1231 file
    Read More
  9. 4132(II)_How changes the life of Salesian Cooperators?

By Fr. Daisuke Kitagawa, SDB Yokkaichi, Japan, 15 September 2016 -- Four years ago 3 Salesian Cooperators from Yokkaichi (Kyoto diocese, central Japan) Centre made their promise in front of Fr. Pascual Chavez, during his pastoral visit to J...
    Date2016.09.15 CategoryGIA Reply1 Views1097 file
    Read More
  10. 4131_The best in our school… is Don Bosco!

Salesio Gakuin – Junior and Senior High School By Our Own Correspondent Yokohama, Japan, 13 September 2016 -- Salesio Gakuin - Salesian Junior and Senior high school moved in 1995 from the site in Saginuma, Kawasaki to the present site in Y...
    Date2016.09.14 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1326 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24 Next
/ 24