?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20180908_FIS.jpg

Newly elected Salesian Youth Movement (FIS) 2018-2019

By FIS SC

Cebu, the Philippines, 7 September 2018 -- Don Bosco Technical College-Cebu Inc., 01 September 2018. A SALESIAN YOUTH MOVEMENT is basically a movement that is for the young and is inspired by Don Bosco. The movement started as early as when the Salesians set foot in the Philippine soil. And on the occasion of the centennial anniversary of Don Bosco’s death in January 31, 1988, the SYM was established as a worldwide movement making it as its official birthday, so to speak, in the country. Now it is on its 30th year of youth serving youth. Its main goal is to form young people into good Christians and upright citizens.The SYM Philippines is divided into three provinces, the North Province (FIN), the South Province (FIS), and the FMA (FIL).

Each province has its own core group consist of youth leaders from different houses. They are the ones who help animate, coordinate, plan, and implement activities for the young people in the level of the province. Most of the core group members are animators from different settings.

Last Sept. 01, 2018, the SYM-FIS core group met to tackle some parts of the SYM primer, which will be presented to the 2nd One SYM Coordinating Team (OSCT) meeting on Sept. 09, 2018, reconstruction of the SYM-FIS core group positions, and the upcoming activities for the school year

The newly elected SYM-FIS Core Group:

• SYM In-charge : Fr. Vince Michael Sabal, SDB
  • SYM National President : Ms. Patricia Rachel “Chinggay” Farrarons
  • SYM Staff : Ms. Patlyn Antonette “Patty” Nacua Pañares
  • Lay Youth Animator : Ms. Annie Vic Cabije
  • Senior Youth Leader : Mr. Eduardo “Edu” Empelis Jr.
  • Junior Youth Leader : Mr. Ralph Gerard “Pads” Padilla
  • Secretary : Ms. Jayriel “Jai” Cui
  • Social Communication : Mr. Juvanil “Van-Van” Alvarado
  • Volunteers : Mr. Daryl Torreon, Mr. Emmanuel “Buboy” Barwado and Mr. Werner Nuñez

The meeting ended up with the spirit of Youth Serving Youth that is continuously ablazing in the hearts of the core members as they live Don Bosco’s dream.

20180908_FIS1.jpg

20180908_FIS2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4889(II)_"Community of Communities Together with the Youth"

5th National Salesian Family Encounter, the Philippines By Ms. Junifer Maliglig, ADMA Victorias, the Philippines -- Last October 20, 2018, around 200 Salesian Family members from the Philippines North and South Provinces joined the 5th Nati...
    Date2018.10.22 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views881 file
    Read More
  2. 4885(III)_Here am I among you as one who serves

Interview with Fr. Joriz Calsa, Youth Ministry Delegate FIS By Our Own Correspondent Southern Philippines, 17 October 2018 -- This is the third interview with an EAO Provincial Youth Ministry Delegate, this time with Fr Joriz from the South...
    Date2018.10.18 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1095 file
    Read More
  3. 4870(I)_SALVO Awareness in Negros and Borongan

Salesian Lay Volunteers By FIS SC Cebu City, the Philippines, 28 September 2018 -- The Commission on Missions of the Salesians of Don Bosco Philippine South Province has been holding a series of SALVO awareness campaigns in various Don Bosc...
    Date2018.10.05 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views828 file
    Read More
  4. 4850(I)_Bishop Buzon’s Pastoral Visitation in Victorias

St. Joseph the Worker Parish – Victorias (FIS) By FIS Pastoral Animation Victorias, the Philippines, 9 September 2018 -- Bishop Patricio Buzon, SDB, of the Diocese of Bacolod held his pastoral visitation of the St. Joseph the Worker Parish ...
    Date2018.09.14 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views985 file
    Read More
  5. 4844(I)_Salesian Youth serving Youth - FIS 2018-2019 Leadership

Newly elected Salesian Youth Movement (FIS) 2018-2019 By FIS SC Cebu, the Philippines, 7 September 2018 -- Don Bosco Technical College-Cebu Inc., 01 September 2018. A SALESIAN YOUTH MOVEMENT is basically a movement that is for the young and...
    Date2018.09.08 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1010 file
    Read More
  6. 4820(II)_Mary’s Assumption – Rejoice and Be Glad!

By Reynaldo Durango Jr., SDB Talisay City, 15 August 2018 -- The community of Don Bosco Formation Center together with some other religious congregations and young people celebrated the Solemnity of Mary’s Assumption through a simple Academ...
    Date2018.08.16 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views9787 file
    Read More
  7. 4793(II)_Short but worthwhile

SMV Experience in Cambodia By Zenaida Ann Miranda Cebu, the Philippines, 20 July 2018 -- We are sharing the experiences and learning of our young volunteers Marga, Karen and Christine who went for a one-month volunteering in Cambodia. Surel...
    Date2018.07.21 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1159 file
    Read More
  8. 4790(II)_Inspiring SYM group - Zatti Friend's of Cebu

Zatti Friends after 5 years, SYM growth in Philippines South province By Fr. Joriz Calsa, SDB FIS Youth Ministry Delegate Cebu, the Philippines, 18 July 2018 -- We have started in Cebu - Lourdes parish last 2013, when we saw that the young ...
    Date2018.07.18 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views990 file
    Read More
  9. 4789(II)_One important water project in Mindanao

Salesian Missions, New Rochelle By Fr. Mark Hyde, SDB Mindanao, the Philippines, 15 July 2018 -- Poor youth and their families attending the Mary Help of Christians parish, located in Mindanao, Philippines, have access to clean, safe water ...
    Date2018.07.16 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views992 file
    Read More
  10. 4786(III)_"Sorry, I chose to be a Salesian brother and I will not be ordained"

Vocation Story of Brother Raffy Besonia By Bro. Raffy Besonia Mati, the Philippines, 12 July 2018 -- When I was a young 7-year old boy, I already heard of the name ‘Don Bosco’. I got it from one of my uncles and aunts. My mother had three s...
    Date2018.07.13 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views2025 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 26 Next
/ 26