Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20170526_ASC.jpg

Akira Taniguchi (left) with Mr. Chihiro Okawa, DB Past Pupil

Shizuoka Salesio Cooperators are growing in vocation

By Mr. Akira Taniguchi, ASC

Shizuoka, Japan, 26 May 2017 -- Among the 27 newly promised Salesian Cooperators coming from 6 different countries in the EAO Tokyo Congress was also one former Salesian of Don Bosco. Mr. Akira Taniguchi is now a teacher in Shizuoka Salesian (larger school complex of 1200 children and youth from the Kindergarten up to the Secondary level) still managed by the FMA Sisters. We are grateful for sharing his story, that may inspire many more former Salesians to continue their Salesian Vocation journey as Salesian Cooperator.

Looking back at my life, the Lord always leads me at all times. Besides myself, it is my whole family, my father and mother, my brothers and sisters – yes, everyone in my family, was always involved with Salesians in various ways. The way of involvement changed with time, but nevertheless the relationship never broke. Eleven years ago, I left the Salesian Congregation. Nevertheless, I was led to Nakatsu & Shizuoka two Salesian communities. And taking advantage of what I cultivated until now, I am walking together with young people on a daily basis. Don Bosco said that he dreamed about Mt. Fuji. He always whisper to me: "Coraggio!"

I’m living in city of Shizuoka already for nine years. Here is a wonderful school of FMA Sisters with about 1200 students. I have learnt many things from the way how Sr.Morishita, the current provincial, was doing in a wonderful way as a homeroom teacher. However, as number of the FMA Sisters are decreasing, the role of the Lay teachers became more important, and I was chosen to be the Head of the Department for Religious Studies – a kind of Catechist.

Fortunately, our Shizuoka Salesio has already nine Salesian Cooperators. Besides them there is also a large number of Catholic and Christian teachers. My mission was to bring together the synergy and energy of those people. In this way the religious atmosphere of the school is animated well with many club and volunteer activities. Meanwhile, Sr. Nonaka whispered that in view of the EAO Tokyo ASC Congress, you may decide to join the Salesian Cooperators.

Many FMA Sisters have pushed me. I was invited to many people. And I have reflected for a longer time. Now is the time. I was being prepared for six months with other four teachers of Salesio Shizuoka. And finally last May 9th, I make my Promise as Salesian Cooperator in Chofu Parish Church during the EAO Congress with other 26 other Cooperators from 6 different countries. It was also a surprise at that time for many! One colleague of the Aspirants, Toshifumi Bando said that he would also join this time. I realized again that God takes a long time to train us and let us participate in His Mission.

hizuoka Salesio school does flourish in Japan where the busy school life of world top schools is regarded as necessary step for a successful life. But also in this not-so-easy environment the Salesian spirit is able to transform the hearts of the young with joy and involve them in the family building. All of us Salesian Cooperators in Shizuoka Salesio are ready to fulfill the Salesian Mission in our school with our whole heart and mind!

Related news:

20170526_ASC1.jpg

20170526_ASC2.jpg

20170526_ASC5.jpg

20170526_ASC3.jpg

20170526_ASC4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4491(II)_Salesian Cooperator Faith Sharing

Lay People formation is based on life - faith sharing By Mr. Meng Dong Sool, ASC Daejeon, Korea, 7 September 2017 -- As every Center of the Salesian Cooperators also in Daejeon the members come together once a month for their meeting. Livin...
    Date2017.09.08 CategoryASC Reply0 Views562 file
    Read More
  2. 4421(II)_"We wish to make the impossible become possible like in Japan!"

EAO Salesian Cooperators Regional Congress 2020 in Vietnam! By VIE - ASC Provincial Council HCM City, Vietnam, 24 June 2017 -- Greetings from Vietnam! Six weeks after the EAO Tokyo 2017 Regional Congress, on the 24th of June, we held the me...
    Date2017.06.28 CategoryASC Reply1 Views1135 file
    Read More
  3. 4398(IV)_Lawaan Football Apostolate

FIS Salesian Cooperators By Dany Canales, ASC Cebu, the Philippines, 3 June 2017 -- Dear Friends, I hope you'll be happy to know of this little apostolic work that DBFC (Don Bosco Formation Center) Lawaan Cooperators & the SDB community...
    Date2017.06.03 CategoryASC Reply0 Views1487 file
    Read More
  4. 4389(IV)_Coraggio! - A long journey to become a Salesian Cooperator

Akira Taniguchi (left) with Mr. Chihiro Okawa, DB Past Pupil Shizuoka Salesio Cooperators are growing in vocation By Mr. Akira Taniguchi, ASC Shizuoka, Japan, 26 May 2017 -- Among the 27 newly promised Salesian Cooperators coming from 6 dif...
    Date2017.05.26 CategoryASC Reply0 Views979 file
    Read More
  5. 4382(I)_We experience the power of the youth

EAO Tokyo 2017: Follow up 2 By Mrs Veronika Taeko Nakamura, ASC Member of the EAO 2017 – Japan Organizing Committee Tokyo, Japan, 17 May 2017 -- Interview with a member of the JOC (Japan Organizing Committee) of the 9th EAO regional congres...
    Date2017.05.17 CategoryASC Reply0 Views677 file
    Read More
  6. 4376_Cultural night and fruits of joy & Family spirit

EAO Regional Congress (Day 4) By Our Own Correspondent Tokyo, Japan, 10 May 2017 -- Last evening of the EAO Tokyo 2017 Congress of the Salesian Cooperators was a wonderful climax when all 300 participants celebrated the Asia harmony in grea...
    Date2017.05.10 CategoryASC Reply0 Views936 file
    Read More
  7. 4375_PROMISE of 27 new Salesian Cooperators from 6 countries

First two Salesian Cooperators from Samoa are born in Tokyo: EAO Regional Congress (Day 3) By Our Own Correspondent Tokyo, Japan, 9 May 2017 -- The third day of the EAO Regional Congress in Tokyo (May 7-10) was the most dynamic and helped t...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryASC Reply0 Views1269 file
    Read More
  8. 4374(II)_Together, Come for the Young - Tokyo 2017 (Day 2)

Young adults challenge the Salesian Cooperators By Our Own Correspondent Tokyo, Japan, 8 May 2017 -- The second day of the EAO Salesian Cooperators Congress was the most intense in terms of program and workload. After the morning Eucharist ...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryASC Reply0 Views1087 file
    Read More
  9. 4373_EAO Congress of Salesian Cooperators - Tokyo 2017 (Day 1)

By Mr. Philip Yu, ASC Tokyo, Japan, 7 May 2017 -- With the Good Shepherd Sunday Eucharist started the 9th EAO Salesian Cooperators Congress. The 327 participants - both 250 Salesian Cooperators and Aspirants with 70+ young adults gathered i...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryASC Reply0 Views1010 file
    Read More
  10. 4372(IV)_EAO Congress preparation (11)

FIN Province Report (Philippines North and Papua New Guinea) By Fr Joao Costa, SDB Manila, the Philippines, 6 May 2017 -- At present there are 353 promised members in the Philippines North province FIN - 12 centers and 44 promised members i...
    Date2017.05.09 CategoryASC Reply0 Views626 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next
/ 17