Salesian Family

Views 982 Comment 1

CDB Formation05.pdf 

CDB (Secular Institute - Con Don Bosco) - formation materials (CONTINUES)

CDB logo.png

CDB Formation04.pdf 

"Volunteers with Don Bosco" is a Salesian Secular Institute for Men (started 21 years ago in 1994).

There are about 80 members around the world - so far no CDB in any province of Asia-Oceania. 

After an initial Korean experience (1999-2010) without lasting fruits, since 2014 there are some young men

in the Philippines (FIN-Manila) accompanied by Fr. Eli Cruz, SDB (former provincial). First formation moduls

are available in attachment.

• vaclav 2015.06.11 16:38
    Rite of Profession

After the proclamation of the Gospel

The one presenting the candidates:

It is with great joy that I present today our brothers Cornelius and Christian who, having accepted the call of God, want to commit themselves to following Christ in the Salesian secular consecrated life.

Cornelius: (answers) “Here I am!”
    Christian: (answers) “Here I am!”

Delegate of the World Responsible:
    Dear brothers, what do you ask of God and of the Church?

Cornelius and Christian:
    I ask to offer my life to God and his Kingdom as a secular consecrated Salesian in order to live fully the grace of Baptism, pledging to work for the transformation of the world that Christ loved even to the sacrifice of his life.

May God who shows his love for the Church and the Salesian Family by inspiring this holy decision, help you to achieve it and sustain you with his grace.

All: Thanks be to God.

Homily

First Profession of CHRISTIAN

When the homily is ended, a moment of silence is observed.

Invocation of the Holy Spirit

Celebrant:

We pray to God, the Father of infinite goodness, that he may assist our brother Christian in his holy purpose.

(Pause)

Father, look with kindness on our brother Christian today, who, in the presence of your Church, is offering himself to you by the profession of the evangelical counsels in consecrated secularity. Grant that the witness of his life may be a continuous act of love for you and the most precious gift he can offer to the world.

All: AMEN

Dear Christian, put yourself now in the presence of the Lord and pronounce the formula of profession according to the Constitutions of our Institute.

Formula of Profession

God, Father of all mercies,
    You have called me to life and consecrated me to You in Baptism.

Moved by the Holy Spirit and sustained by your grace
    I, Agboada Zigato Christian Paul, in full freedom
    offer myself totally to You,
    to follow and imitate Jesus Christ, our Saviour.

I pledge myself, therefore,
    to fulfil my vocation in the Church,
    incarnating the Gospel in the world
    in communion with my brothers
    as a secular consecrated Salesian.

And so,
    in the presence of the assembly gathered here in Your name,
    I MAKE THE VOW TO LIVE CHASTE, POOR AND OBEDIENT,
    according to the Constitutions of the Volunteers with Don Bosco,
    for ONE YEAR,
    in your hands ...,
    Delegate of the World Responsible of the Institute.

May Mary Help of Christians, St. Joseph, St. John Bosco
    and my brother Volunteers
    help me to be faithful and to persevere.

The Profession documents are signed, in duplicate, on the altar,
    by Christian, the Delegate of the World Responsible and two witnesses

Dear Christian, in the name of the Church and of the Institute, I welcome you with joy among the Volunteers with Don Bosco as a brother committed by temporary vows.

Gesture of welcome

Perpetual Profession of CORNELIUS

Enquiry

After a few moments of silence Cornelius is questioned by the Delegate of the World Responsible on his free decision to offer himself definitively to God and to others, with these words:

Delegate of the World Responsible
    Dear brother, for a number of years now you have lived the consecration proper to our Association. In what way, today, do you intend to make the offering of your life to God?

Cornelius:
    By living in chastity, poverty and obedience my commitment for the salvation of the world, according to the needs of the times and in the spirit of St. John Bosco.

On the day of your Baptism you were buried with Christ in death and you are risen with him to new life. Today the grace of Baptism is renewed in you. Your offering of yourself to God seals the pledge to live, in an even more perfect manner while remaining in the world, as a son of the Father. Be grateful to God who has chosen you.

Cornelius:
    I give thanks to the Lord our God.

For how long do you intend to offer yourself to God?

Cornelius:
    It is my firm intention to offer myself to God forever, confident in his help and in the intercession of Mary, I ask to make the vows of chastity, poverty and obedience in perpetuity.

May God, who has begun this good work in you, bring it to completion until the day of Christ the Lord.

All rise. The celebrant invites the congregation to pray:

Celebrant:
    We give thanks be to God, the Most Holy Trinity, and invoke the help of Mary and of all the saints, that the Father, through Christ, may pour out the abundance of his gifts on this brother whom he has chosen from all eternity.

Litany

Celebrant:
    Listen with kindness, Father, to the prayer that the Church raises to you for your son Cornelius. Make him ready to accept the gift of your Spirit so that, totally consecrated to You, he may experience what it means to have nothing dearer than Christ, Your Son, to whom be glory for ever and ever.

Dear Cornelius, put yourself now in the presence of the Lord and pronounce the formula of profession according to the Constitutions of our Institute.

Formula of Profession

God, Father of all mercies,
    You have called me to life and consecrated me to You in Baptism.

Moved by the Holy Spirit and sustained by your grace
    I, Cornelius Akachukw Igboeli, in full freedom
    offer myself totally to You,
    to follow and imitate Jesus Christ, our Saviour.

I pledge myself, therefore,
    to fulfil my vocation in the Church,
    incarnating the Gospel in the world
    in communion with my brothers
    as a secular consecrated Salesian.

And so,
    in the presence of the assembly gathered here in Your name,
    I MAKE THE VOW TO LIVE CHASTE, POOR AND OBEDIENT,
    according to the Constitutions of the Volunteers with Don Bosco,
    forever,
    in your hands ...,
    Delegate of the World Responsible of the Institute.

May Mary Help of Christians, St. Joseph, St. John Bosco
    and my brother Volunteers
    help me to be faithful and to persevere.

The Profession documents are signed, in duplicate, on the altar,
    by Cornelius, the Delegate of the World Responsible and two witnesses

Dear Cornelius, in the name of the Church and of the Institute, I welcome you with joy among the Volunteers with Don Bosco as a brother committed by perpetual vows.

Gesture of welcome

Credo

PRAYER OF THE FAITHFUL

Dearly beloved, today we are celebrating the Profession of these brothers, who give themselves to the service of the Church, as secular consecrated Salesians. With one heart we pray to God the Father, from whom the gift of vocation comes.

We pray together, saying: "Hear us, O Lord"

1. For the Holy Church of God: may it be resplendent with the witness of the evangelical life of these brothers always shining before Christ and all people of good will, we pray:
    2. For our Holy Father Pope Francis and for all bishops: may they be ever faithful to their apostolic ministry, nourishing God’s people with the word and lovingly guiding and caring for the whole people of God, we pray:
    3. For the Salesian Family: that, attentive to the signs of the times and the example of St. John Bosco, they may commit themselves with courage to work for the salvation of all, we pray:
    4. For our parents and families: that, following the example of the family of Nazareth, they may embody the Gospel message of love, we pray:
    5. For young people, to whom the Salesian mission is first directed, that they may find in the Church and in the Society the response to their expectations and an effective help to grow in their human and Christian identity, we pray:
    6. For Cornelius and Christian, who today have expressed their willingness to follow Christ more closely by their profession of the evangelical counsels, that by their ready obedience, they may be a sign in the world of complete openness to God; happy in their poverty, they may promote the welfare of the poor and be their friends; and faithful to chastity they may love God and neighbour with an undivided heart, we pray:

Accept, Father, the prayers of your people
    and renew the gift of the Holy Spirit
    in these your sons whom you have called to follow Christ
    according to the apostolic project of St. John Bosco.
    May they bring to complete fulfilment what they promise today in their profession,
    until the day of Christ the Lord
    who lives and reigns for ever and ever. AMEN