?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

austraLasia #3491

Bicentenary of the birth of Don Bosco – CIN -

Opening Ceremony & Salesian Family Jubilee Celebrations

HONGKONG. August 19 2014. China Province officially opened the celebration of the Bicentenary of Don Bosco’s birth and announced the coming 2015 events on 16 August 2014, we also celebrated the jubilee of several SDB’s, FMA’s and SAL’s. Moreover, we took this opportunity to open the renovated Discovery Centre in Hong Kong.

The Discovery Centre tells us about Don Bosco who is a dreamer, inspirer, promoter, educator, founder, communicator and saint. He started his journey of holiness and brought us many saints. He wants us to follow his path through knowing more about his life, mission and spirituality. And this is the aim of setting up the Discovery Centre.

The opening ceremony started with a video review on the events of DB200 already taken place. What followed were the sharing of Fr. Peter Ng and 2 young people, showing the fruit of Don Bosco’s charisma in youth and in the church. Fr. Peter said that although Don Bosco lost his father when he was 2 years old, he became the father of countless youth, and now all over the world through his successors and Salesian confreres. He learned his fatherly love from the Sacred Heart of Jesus which is the core of his spirituality and education. His love also showed a kind of motherly love which he learned his mother. This fatherly and motherly love was perceived and well accepted by the kids under his care.

Don Bosco’s charisma was further expressed by the publication of books. Fr. Lenti’s new books were presented to all groups of the Salesian Family during a ceremony to symbolize the continuation of Don Bosco’s charisma. Then, the launching ceremony for DB200 was held, to represent our one heart and one mind in the celebrations of 2015.

During the mass, a newly ordained priest from the Macau Diocese, Fr. Cyril Jerome Law shared, “I lost my father when I was young. Then, I came to know Don Bosco in my primary school. After entering into the seminary, I started to think that I could be a father of others like Don Bosco even though I had lost my own father.” He encouraged all of us to imitate Don Bosco’s love for God – the creator and to spread this love all over the world.

This important day of China Province ended with the dinner of jubilee celebration. All the performances during dinner showed gratitude to Don Bosco and his congregation. The Salesian youth showed their appreciation to the young Salesians who accompanied them throughout the past youth events. Several Mongolian youth were present in the dinner, they showed their gratitude to those who sponsored them for the pilgrimage which took them to the places related to Don Bosco. The young Salesians then sang a song in return. The dinner ended in a joyful family atmosphere.

List of Articles
No. Category Subject Views
3510 ITM 3510_EAO First Professions in Fatumaca and Genzano 678
3509 PGS 3509_WAN TOK BOSCO - the PNG Youth Camp 1041
3508 RMG 3508_The Orientation Course for the 145th Missionary Expedition 894
3507 THA 3507_A Salesian is appointed Chaplain to the Knights of Malta (THA) 710
3506 World 3506_Bishop Cantillas meets the Rector Major 666
3505 World 3505_Our Young VIE Missionary for Turkey 698
3504 World 3504_Our Young ITM Missionary in Paraguay 763
3503 FIS 3503_Getting to Know Don Bosco (Pakistan) 746
3502 GIA 3502_Japanese SDB Pilgrimage in Rome 743
3501 FIS 3501_The Gift of a New Priest 1038
3500 ITM 3500_Retired Salesian Bishop leads Volunteer Group in East Timor 679
3499 Mongolia 3499_Don Bosco Technical School- Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia revises and resets the Vision Mission Statement 600
3498 FIN 3498_Re-echoing the 27th General Chapter: A way to start the FIN Bicentenary Celebration 682
3497 FIS 3497_Leaders and Animator Formation (LAF) Part of the preparations for the Bicentenary Celebration 599
3496 VIE 3496_Vietnam Ordinations during the Bicentenary 659
3495 FIN 3495_Salesians at the Symposium on the Laity - "Saints and Heroes ... No Less!" 721
3494 THA 3494_Thailand - Opening Ceremony of the Bicentenary of Don Bosco's birth 623
3493 Indonesia 3493_Salesian Brothers and New Priests enrich the ITM Vice-Province 626
3492 Indonesia 3492_Salesian Brothers and New Priests enrich the ITM Vice-Province 805
» CIN 3491_Bicentenary of the birth of Don Bosco – CIN - 651
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 177 Next
/ 177