NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Update Delete
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Update Delete

No Attached Image

East Asia – Oceania Region: Good Night Talk (3)

Rome, June 8

Pentecost Sunday 2014

Pentecost - reminder of our first love?

Dear brothers and friends!

Heartfelt greetings from the General house, where with the Rector Major we are busy working in the first plenary session of the Council on the Six-year Project 2014-2020. Also the discernment for new provincial in eight provinces (Bolivia, Ecuador, USA West, Mexico-Guadalajara, Mozambique, Madagascar, UPS and Japan) is going on.

On the Pentecost Sunday I like to share one of the GC27 key word: Vocation culture. After my first visit to the Region I was deeply impressed by the fast changing face of young generation of Salesian candidates, strongly influenced by the globalized culture.

There are very different ways of vocation ministry in our ten provinces. Indeed the variety is one of the best gifts of the Holy Spirit to the EAO region! As a matter of fact there are some 20 'Aspirantates' around our 22 countries. From the 324 College students Aspirants of Vietnam (meeting every Sunday in 7 centers) up to the junior high school experiences of Japan (Yokkaichi: cover photo), Myanmar, Timor, and Thailand.

All together some 500-600 boys, youth and young adults are accompanied by EAO Salesians in different ways as 'Aspirants' - thanks be to God!

I'm asking myself often - what or who does attract the youngsters to the Salesian consecrated life of Brothers or Priests in Don Bosco's style? It's about our family spirit? About our commitment to the poor youth education or evangelization? It's Don Bosco himself attracting? Or some model - 'charismatic' Salesian? It's about a good spiritual guides met in the confession, in the youth center, youth group or by chance somewhere else ('Go to the Salesians')? Or it's about our meaningful mission to serve, to save the poor youth: at risk, without parents or education? Yes, our witness is important. But at the end of the day we should acknowledge the inner call of God, who loves, chooses, picks up one by one 'His' young men to follow his Son as Don Bosco. Really we believe the Holy Spirit 'raised, formed, called and guided' (SDB Const. art.1) not only Don Bosco but is working in life of each of us some and in our Aspirants.

On this Pentecost Sunday I did a pilgrimage from the General House to the Basilicas of Saint Paul & St. Peter in the Vatican and back. It was a half-day of walk (20 km) and prayer to the Holy Spirit for the growth of vocational culture in our East Asia - Oceania Region communities! May each of us be grateful for the first love and share this gift also today with our youth - with humility and courage!

Fr. Václav Klement, SDB

General Councilor for the EAO Region 

1. Lord, send me out of my comfort zone!

Lord, send me out of my comfort zone! EAO Good night talk - 2019, August   Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,       Receive my heartfelt greetings on the second stop over of this second semester journey around our EAO region - Cambodi...
    Date2019.07.31 Byvaclav Views1617
    Read More
  2. How do you invoke Salesian Saints?

EAO Good Night Talk (63)                                                                     Jakarta, Indonesia        June 1, 2019     How do you invoke Salesian saints?     Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,      Today is my last da...
    Date2019.05.29 Byvaclav Views1581
    Read More
  3. No Image

Jesus - Vine Tree

“The vine and the branches” – The Salesian Biblical Icon of the GC27 (2014-2020) by Fr. Pascual Chavez   In the icon what draws our attention is the inter-twining of the branches which  represents the trunk of the vine. This is a reference ...
    Date2015.03.14 Byvaclav Views1526
    Read More
  4. No Image

Like Mary in Cana: what is missing?

EAO Good Night Talk (50)                                                                                                                                                                                           Venilale, Timor Leste May 1...
    Date2018.04.29 Byvaclav Views1514
    Read More
  5. EVERYONE IS A MISSIONARY

EAO Good Night Talk (79) Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam, 09 October 2020 Dear Superiors, confreres, members of the Salesian Family and friends, 1- First of all, I would like to request you to pray more for the patients of Covid-19, among them,...
    Date2020.10.09 Byceteratolle Views1443
    Read More
  6. Do you know our Salesian saints?

EAO Good Night Talk (59)                                                                                                                                                                                    Cebu-Lawaan, Philippines February 1, ...
    Date2019.01.30 Byvaclav Views1433
    Read More
  7. No Image

Good Night Talk about Good Night Talk

EAO Good Night Talk (20)                                                                   November 1, 2015   ‘Good Night’ – Thanks to Mamma Margaret!     Dear friends and confreres!       I’m very happy to share this Good night talk about t...
    Date2015.10.28 Byvaclav Views1431
    Read More
  8. Vocation grows by attraction

EAO Good Night Talk - September 2019   Anisakan - Myanmar                                September 1, 2019     A culture of vocation grows (only) only through attraction     Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,       Receive my heartfel...
    Date2019.08.25 Byvaclav Views1393
    Read More
  9. How do you make known our Saints?

EAO Good Night Talk (64)                                                                       Holy Land Pilgrimage        July 1, 2019     Do you make Salesian saints known? (Brother Cosimo – Sacro Cuore, Rome)       Dear Friends and Salesi...
    Date2019.06.23 Byvaclav Views1316
    Read More
  10. So much potential!

EAO Good Night Talk (76) Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam 01 July 2020 Dear confreres and members of the Salesian Family and friends, Greetings to all of you from Vietnam. I am still “locked down” in Vietnam, since the Italian Embassy has not yet ope...
    Date2020.06.30 Byceteratolle Views1313
    Read More
  11. Would you like to become a Mission?

EAO Good Night Talk (67)                                Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam        1 October 2019                                                                                                                     Would you like to bec...
    Date2019.09.24 Byvaclav Views1260
    Read More
  12. When did you fall in love with Jesus? - Initial Proclamation of Jesus Christ

EAO Good Night Talk (42)                                                                      Seoul – South Korea September 1, 2017   When did you fall in love with Jesus?   Dear Friends and Salesian Family members!           Six weeks ago w...
    Date2017.08.29 Byvaclav Views1182
    Read More
  13. Jesus Vine Tree - motivated by the Biblical Icon?

GNT for download: EAO-GNT-2017 (39) June ENG.pdf EAO Good Night Talk (39)                                                                      June 1, 2017   How are we motivated by ‘Jesus Vine Tree’ Icon? Dear friends and confreres,   Durin...
    Date2017.05.30 Byvaclav Views1170
    Read More
  14. First World Day of the Poor - November 19

FOR DOWNLOAD: EAO-GNT-2017 (44) November ENG.pdf EAO Good Night Talk (44)                                                                      Seoul - Korea November 1, 2017   How do you hear the cry of the poor in your daily life?         ...
    Date2017.10.30 Byvaclav Views1141
    Read More
  15. How do you listen to the young?

EAO Good Night Talk (54)                                                                  Bangkok, Thailand September 1, 2018   How do we listen to the young today?     Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,      After a strong invitation...
    Date2018.08.26 Byvaclav Views1108
    Read More
  16. No Image

What makes you truly joyful and happy?

EAO Good Night Talk (10) Yangon - Myanmar January 1, 2015 What makes you truly joyful and happy? Happy New Year to all of you, dear confreres and friends! This personal question about our sources of joy is a fruit of past five month animatio...
    Date2015.02.12 ByVaclav Klement Views1099
    Read More
  17. How do you love Salesian saints?

EAO Good Night Talk (60)                                                                         Cebu, Philippines,        1 March, 2019     In what ways do you love Salesian saints?   Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,       Receive ...
    Date2019.02.25 Byvaclav Views1087
    Read More
  18. No Image

Without the Lay mission partners there is no future of consecrated life!

EAO Good Night Talk (8) Auckland (New Zealand) November 1, 2014 Without the Lay mission partners there is no future of consecrated life! One year long period of Don Bosco Jubilee Year (2014-2015) helps us to re-discover the roots of Salesia...
    Date2015.02.12 ByVaclav Klement Views1018
    Read More
  19. Where is your comfort zone? Vocations - Blessed Fr Titus Zeman, SDB

EAO Good Night Talk (43)                                                                      Yakutsk – Russia (Siberia) October 1, 2017 Where is your comfort zone?   Dear Friends and Salesian Family members!           After six weeks of the...
    Date2017.09.26 Byvaclav Views982
    Read More
  20. Happy New Listenful Year 2018

EAO Good Night Talk (46)                                                                    Rome – Sacro Cuore (Sacred Heart) January 1, 2018     2018 – Happy New Listenful Year!     Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,       Receive...
    Date2017.12.31 Byvaclav Views971
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
/ 5