Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Update Delete
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Update Delete

No Attached Image

EAO Good Night Talk (7) Hanoi, October 1, 2014

Do you want to advance in the spiritual life?

Then you must be constantly a missionary!”

(Pope Francis, The Joy of the Gospel – Evangelii Gaudium, n.272)

October is the month of the Missions and of the Holy Rosary! For all of us living in the missionary region of East Asia and Oceania it’s a special time to pray the Rosary in order to strengthen the missionary culture in our community.

I’m sending this Good night talk just few days after the 145th Salesian missionary expedition at Valdocco, Turin. Among the 12 new missionaries of 2014 there are five from our Region (one from Indonesia, Korea and the Philippines and two from Vietnam). As the exchange of gifts is going on also 3 of them are being sent to our Region (Br. Raphael from Swaziland to Hong Kong, Br. Harsha from Sri Lanka with Br. Peter Khai for the delegation Papua New Guinea – Solomon Islands). Welcome to our Region!

On the Feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, the Patroness of the World Missions, I’m sharing my innermost ongoing meditation on my journey: Without a solid missionary culture building and daily missionary commitment the Church and our Congregation has no future!’

We are very grateful for more than 150 Salesians who were sent out of EAO provinces as missionary ad gentes! Last month while visiting one post-novitiate I was caught by surprise, when among the 5 formators and 20 brothers seven of them shared with me one by one their missionary dream! Thanks to God for this healthy Salesian environment! We pray for new, solid and numerous missionary vocations among the young confreres! But they are just the tip of the missionary iceberg!

As Pope Francis shares in his Evangelii Gaudium: “If we want to advance in the spiritual life, then we must constantly be missionaries! The work of evangelization opens up spiritual horizons and makes us more and more sensitive to the workings of the Holy Spirit… a committed missionary knows the joy!”(EG n.272)

If we are serious with our constant ‘going out of our comfort zone’ – we would foster missionary groups in our youth Centers, parishes and schools (Tondo-Manila junior catechists), we would pray often for the missionary vocations, we would ask missionaries to share their motivations (as in monthly bulletin of missionary animation - Cagliero11), we would try to live the initial proclamation of Jesus Christ in everyday ministry (as witness the three catechumens in Hua Hin school), promote the missionary volunteers (as Cagliero Project in Australia or Salvo Project in Cebu). How much would I wish to meet in each local community these and many other genuine expressions of missionary culture, of daily commitment community as radical disciples and missionaries of Jesus! Good night!

United in the daily prayer of the Holy Rosary,

yours in Don Bosco

Fr. Václav Klement,SDB

EAO Regional councillor

1. Christ is Alive and wants you to be alive! - Easter 2019

EAO Good Night Talk (62)                                                                    Melbourne, Australia        May 1, 2019           Christ is alive and he wants you to be alive!     Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,       R...
    Date2019.04.24 Byvaclav Views43298
    Read More
  2. Salesian Lay Volunteers - Mission Possible?

EAO Good Night Talk (40)                                                                      July 1, 2017   Salesian Lay Volunteers – Mission Possible?  EAO-GNT-2017 (40) July ENG.pdf Dear Friends and Salesian Family members!      The month...
    Date2017.06.26 Byvaclav Views22528
    Read More
  3. Pope Francis: Listen and Move! (To the religious superiors)

Take the Gospel without Tranquilizers A conversation with the general superiors Pope Francis FOR DOWNLOAD:  Take the Gospel-Francis 2016 religious.docx   “The Pope is late,” they tell me at the entrance to the Vatican’s Paul VI Audience Hall...
    Date2017.02.14 Byvaclav Views18472
    Read More
  4. Monthly Talk of Fr. Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc SDB, EAO Regional

EAO Good Night Talk (77) Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam 04 August 2020 Dear confreres and members of Salesian Family and friends, 1- Even though there is some hope for the coming vaccine to treat the Covid virus, yet, in all countries, the Pan...
    Date2020.08.05 Byceteratolle Views3574
    Read More
  5. How do you imitate Salesian Saints?

EAO GOOD NIGHT TALK (60)   Cebu, Philippines        April 1, 2019   How do you imitate Salesian saints? The happiest day of my life: first communion of Dominic Savio     Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,      During my retreat (first...
    Date2019.03.22 Byvaclav Views3418
    Read More
  6. Are you happy to waste your time in listening?

EAO-GNT-2018 (49) April.pdf   >>>> for download   EAO Good Night Talk (48)                                                              Dili, Timor Leste April 1, 2018     Are you happy to waste your time in listening?     Dear Friends and ...
    Date2018.03.24 Byvaclav Views2465
    Read More
  7. Don Bosco Green Alliance - Take Action now!

EAO Good Night Talk (68) Cebu, Philippines 1 November 2019 Don Bosco Green Alliance – take action now! Dear Friends and Salesian Family members, Receive my heartfelt greetings from Cebu, starting the last full month of 2019 animation visits...
    Date2019.10.25 Byvaclav Views2324
    Read More
  8. No Image

Francis to the General Superiors 2016 November

Conversazione del Papa Francesco con i Superiori Generali Sui casi di abusi sessuali: «È una malattia; dobbiamo esserne convinti per risolvere il problema» Papa Francesco: «Sì, c’è corruzione in Vaticano, ma non perdo la serenità» Il Pontefi...
    Date2017.02.09 Byvaclav Views2062
    Read More
  9. Young People around the world need God's Cooperators!

Young people around the world need  God's Cooperators!                                                                      Seoul, November 1, 2018 Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,        A few days ago we followed the Fifth World C...
    Date2018.10.30 Byvaclav Views2016
    Read More
  10. Missionary Youth possible also today

Missionary Youth (Gioventú missionaria) possible also today?   Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,      A special greeting from Sam Phran, the ‘Vatican’ of Thailand, near Bangkok. Just yesterday a further 25 SDB and 11 FMA new missiona...
    Date2018.09.29 Byvaclav Views2012
    Read More
  11. How do you whisper the Gospel?

EAO Good Night Talk (48)                                                                     Indonesia – Sumba Island March 1, 2018   How do you whisper the Gospel?   Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,       Receive my heartfelt greet...
    Date2018.02.25 Byvaclav Views2006
    Read More
  12. #For you too: Serve the Lord in holy Joy!

EAO Good Night Talk (58)                                                                                                                                                                                                                         ...
    Date2018.12.30 Byvaclav Views1971
    Read More
  13. Listen to Jesus?

EAO Good Night Talk (51)                                                                                                                            Hong Kong - China, June 1, 2018       Do you read the Gospel every day? Just two minutes! ...
    Date2018.05.29 Byvaclav Views1932
    Read More
  14. Would you like to tell your story?

EAO Good Night Talk (70)                            Sacro Cuore, Rome            1 January 2020                                                                                                              Would you like to tell your story?  ...
    Date2019.12.28 Byvaclav Views1928
    Read More
  15. Good Shepherd Cross

EAO-GNT-2015 (21) December ENG+.pdf  (FOR DOWNLOAD) With the heart of Good Shepherd enter the Year of Mercy!    Dear friends and confreres!   At many airports and during daily meditation time in the month of November I did reflect about some...
    Date2015.11.26 Byvaclav Views1872
    Read More
  16. Look at Don Bosco - Cimatti 50 - Missions

EAO Good Night Talk (19)                                                                   October 1, 2015   ‘Look at Don Bosco!’ – Mons. Cimatti continues to inspire (1965-2015)   Dear friends and confreres!       Some countries and provinc...
    Date2015.09.30 Byvaclav Views1825
    Read More
  17. Accompaniment - one of the Salesian key words!

EAO Good Night Talk (41)                                                                        August 1, 2017   Accompaniment - one of Salesian key words   Dear Friends and Salesian Family members!           I’m more and more deeply convin...
    Date2017.07.28 Byvaclav Views1820
    Read More
  18. Sanctity depends on the fulfilment of one’s duties in joy

ALA_5499 EAO Good Night Talk (80) Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam 01 November 2020 Dear Superiors, confreres, members of the Salesian Family and friends, We are going to the close of October, the month dedicated to pray for the missions of the ...
    Date2020.11.01 Byceteratolle Views1758
    Read More
  19. #For You Too! - Movement of Salesian Holiness!

EAO Good Night Talk (52)                                                                                                                                                                                          Sacro Cuore, Rome July 1, 2018 ...
    Date2018.06.28 Byvaclav Views1656
    Read More
  20. Listen to the Salesian Brothers

EAO Good Night Talk (53)                                                                                                                                                       Jakarta, Indonesia                                                ...
    Date2018.07.29 Byvaclav Views1618
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
/ 5